[RUU][Firmware][Stock Rooted ROM]Sprint HTC One M9 | 4.27.651.4 | Updated 4.13.17

Search This thread

SadZaf

May 28, 2018
Hello Guys.I want to upgrade my m9 to Nougat.How can i do that.I am Rooted and S-Off and Bootloader is Unlocked.I am running version 3.41.651.4.Please suggest me what to do.Your Help will be Appreciated.

SadZaf

May 28, 2018
Do i need to install the firmware 1st before installing the ruu.Which firmware do i need to install.I am currently on 3.41.651.4 and want to update to N.I am rooted,S-off and bootloader unlocked.And does installing the firmware will erase all the data and after installing the firmware can the still boot.And which method i use to install ruu opjaimg or exe ruu.Please tell me?

Be6i4

May 4, 2010
Sofia
I also think file is corrupt. I downloaded 2 times and this is not a valid archive. Not only I can't copy to the phone, but I can't extract, nor open with 7zip. I downloaded this one:
0PJAIMG_Sprint_HTC_One_M9_4.27.651.4_RUU.zip

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
Bricked?

I flashed Modified Firmware from RUU, removed recovery & boot (fastboot flashable), and now only get the HTC whitescreen. Am I bricked? I wanted to leave the boot I had in place, but do I now have no boot at all?

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
I flashed Modified Firmware from RUU, removed recovery & boot (fastboot flashable), and now only get the HTC whitescreen. Am I bricked? I wanted to leave the boot I had in place, but do I now have no boot at all?

no, not bricked...flash the latest modified firmware that only removes recovery, that should at least get you booted

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
Thanks for your reply. I can't get to bootloader or download mode, though...is there another way to flash?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Sorry, nevermind...I got into download mode. I've been out of the flashing game awhile, so back on the learning curve!

Last edited:

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
Ok, I got the firmware updated, and also updated recovery to TWRP 3.3.1.0, but I still get stuck on white screen during normal reboot. In bootloader, I see 'DDR (Loop)', which I don't believe has been there before. I'm coming off an older version of ViperROM (maybe 6.0 MM?), so now I'm wondering if it's just a matter of flashing this stock (or another) new 7.0 Nougat ROM to match the firmware. I'm able to mount internal storage in TWRP, and should be able to download and copy a ROM into the Download folder.

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Ok, I got the firmware updated, and also updated recovery to TWRP 3.3.1.0, but I still get stuck on white screen during normal reboot. In bootloader, I see 'DDR (Loop)', which I don't believe has been there before. I'm coming off an older version of ViperROM (maybe 6.0 MM?), so now I'm wondering if it's just a matter of flashing this stock (or another) new 7.0 Nougat ROM to match the firmware. I'm able to mount internal storage in TWRP, and should be able to download and copy a ROM into the Download folder.

yeah, I'm not sure, I've been out of the game for some time now...maybe viperROM needs the modded boot to bootup...I'd probably backup data in twrp, clean flash a ROM whether stock or viper, then restore the data

Top Liked Posts