Code:
Installing zip file '/sdcard/rom/FactoryMetroPcs.zip'
Checking for digest file...
Skipping digest check: no Digest file found
Updater process ended with signal: 11
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/rom/FactoryMetroPcs.zip'
Updating persmission details...
...done

I'm on twrp 3.2.2-0 that I downloaded from https://dl.twrp.me/ph2n/, Lg Stylo 2 Plus, K550 model.

Any ideas? Thanks

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Works like a charm if installed per OP's instructions. No bugs, instabilities or performance issues that I've noticed. Thanks OP, for a solid, stock Android ROM that can be installed via TWRP. People that can't follow simple instructions shouldn't complain about a botched install. That's not the OP's fault. Although this ROM works without any noticable issues, the OP was very clear that he did not test this ROM. At-your-own-risk means exactly what it states.

Last edited:

temijun

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks for all the instructions on how this was built. I have made an updated version based on
TMobile variant K550 latest firmware: K55021m_00_0109 available here.

It is deodexed and with the following Apps removed:
Lookout MobileHotspotLauncher LGBackup TMO_MyAccount TMO_Simlock LGMusic LGMusicWidget Hangouts NewsstandStub Music2 Videos Facebook_AppManager LGBackupLauncher

The image is not rooted so you can apply Magisk if you'd like.

It has been tested extensively on MetroPCS variant MS550.

Reactions: veryspecialagent

temijun

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks for all the instructions on how this was built. I have made an updated version based on
TMobile variant K550 latest firmware: K55021m_00_0109 available here.

It is deodexed and with the following Apps removed:
Lookout MobileHotspotLauncher LGBackup TMO_MyAccount TMO_Simlock LGMusic LGMusicWidget Hangouts NewsstandStub Music2 Videos Facebook_AppManager LGBackupLauncher

The image is not rooted so you can apply Magisk if you'd like.

It has been tested extensively on MetroPCS variant MS550.
I'm also update a new release today K55021m_00_0109_debloated_20210520, which removes the LG Email client and other misc apps to further debloat.

Reactions: veryspecialagent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone else reading this, since XDA's admin doesn't seem to understand what "OPEN souce" means, just PM for the recovery.img I'll build one myself tonight since it's LITERALLY typed out step by step on TWRP's website and requires ZERO talent or effort......

WTF happened to this community? We're old school members so just to let you know, we're forwarding this directly to TWRP so they can take whatever legal actions need to be taken. I hope this admin understands what this means and where this is going. I highly advise you to review your admin agreement and then look at the actual laws governing open source software. https://opensource.org/faq In the mean time, I'll be contacting Ethan Yonker (Dees Troy the ACTUAL developers behind TWRP) to let him know.

https://plus.google.com/+JamesAndersonTheStonedTanker/posts/T5JXsbVQXF5?sfc=false

To anyone else reading this, I'm sorry this got side tracked by people who don't understand even the SPIRIT of this community. I'm even more sorry that this is what this community has devolved into.

Now I'm gonna go complete this talent-less task to allow REAL open source distribution as the original XDA used to be about......
    Back to the topic.... The rom worked great. I tried it and it worked out fine. I had to enable systemless root and flash the systemless root SU binary to get root but it worked great. Now I'm gonna be working on creating a custom rom or a port. Not sure which one. If anyone is interested or has an opinion, let me know :cool:
    lies ? i havent seen not one person says this works but u ! fuk outta here when i try to flash keeps givn errors so yea its your pos rom
    Another guy posted and said it worked fine for him too. Judging by how you type, I think you're just not very smart. Either way, I'm done with you. You didn't ask for help. You didn't say anything worth saying. All you did was type barely comprehensible garbage. Good luck. I won't be responding to your cracked out posts any longer.
    TWRP is and always has been OPEN SOURCE! You can't call dibs on it. You ported it. Big flipping deal. Look. We already have enough info on you to take to TWRP and have them file legal action against you for trying to sell/steal/make profit from their work.

This is why MultiROM doesn't try and sell their ports. It's flipping stupid and illegal.
    It's not "your" anything. TWRP is open source. If mods want to remove it, they can. But I'm not taking anything down.