FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][64BIT][8.1] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for LG STYLO 2 PLUS

2,065 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,763

Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • FingerPrint
  • tap 2 wake

Known issues:
  • Hotspot ( Temporary Fix thanks to @Charmingchris89@gmail.com
  • Volte
  • you tell me!

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

Important Notice: switch governor to ondemand for a better performance.

Downloads :
https://www.mediafire.com/download/y72ph1yp9eicz7y

Credits:
  • Lineage Team

Please Consider donating if you appreciate my work
https://paypal.me/messi2050

Sources: kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][64BIT][8.1] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for LG STYLO 2 PLUS, ROM for the LG Stylo 2 Plus

Contributors
messi2050
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-05-03
Last Updated 2018-07-03
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to messi2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift messi2050 Ad-Free

3rd May 2018, 02:57 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
2018-june-13 build changelog:
-June security patch
-Update power scripts from last caf
-Fix vendor mismatch error message
-enable dual wifi bands
-build using last sources
The Following User Says Thank You to messi2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift messi2050 Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 05:02 AM |#3  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 660

More
Thanks for the ROM, messi, it's greatly appreciated even if development stops cold after the post you just made.

And for those that might care, the MD5 of the archive is: 00dd56ee08963da05195915dd528d9b1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to br0adband For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br0adband Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 04:21 PM |#5  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
The headphone audio output on this ROM is rather weak, but that's not messi's fault, it's because of how Oreo is working on this device. There appears to be no mixer_paths.xml file in Oreo now, and I added the older mixer_paths.xml (with permissions 0644 as required) with the necessary adjustments to boost the audio output from the default of 84 to 92. It had zero effect so it seems the audio subsystem in Oreo is now working differently for whatever reason, not sure if there's a way to adjust the defaults at all.

Also, the kernel for this ROM appears to be defaults to just 6 core operation: I've installed the ROM twice now on my S2P and when I check the core activity with CPU-Z it always shows 2 little cores active, 2 offline (always), and all 4 big cores active. And of course the minimum CPU speeds are 960 for the little cores and 768 for the big cores - they should be (or at least I should say they could be set in the kernel parameters down to the minimum of 384 MHz and that would save a bit of battery life.

Overall it's been great so far, really, everything seems to work fine. The flashlight didn't work so I installed a flashlight app then suddenly the toggle started working so, there's something funky going on there but everything else so far has been great. Would be nice if there was a more customized kernel available, yes, with more governors and perhaps even some undervolting potential but I know this device just doesn't have much developer love at all.

Regardless, it's very cool to be able to run Oreo 8.1 now since I have never really given a damn about it at all previously. I may go back to running the stock T-Mobile 20a rooted ROM on my S2P however, it depends on how things work out.

The Following User Says Thank You to br0adband For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br0adband Ad-Free
4th May 2018, 02:08 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0adband

The headphone audio output on this ROM is rather weak, but that's not messi's fault, it's because of how Oreo is working on this device. There appears to be no mixer_paths.xml file in Oreo now, and I added the older mixer_paths.xml (with permissions 0644 as required) with the necessary adjustments to boost the audio output from the default of 84 to 92. It had zero effect so it seems the audio subsystem in Oreo is now working differently for whatever reason, not sure if there's a way to adjust the defaults at all.

Also, the kernel for this ROM appears to be defaults to just 6 core operation: I've installed the ROM twice now on my S2P and when I check the core activity with CPU-Z it always shows 2 little cores active, 2 offline (always), and all 4 big cores active. And of course the minimum CPU speeds are 960 for the little cores and 768 for the big cores - they should be (or at least I should say they could be set in the kernel parameters down to the minimum of 384 MHz and that would save a bit of battery life.

Overall it's been great so far, really, everything seems to work fine. The flashlight didn't work so I installed a flashlight app then suddenly the toggle started working so, there's something funky going on there but everything else so far has been great. Would be nice if there was a more customized kernel available, yes, with more governors and perhaps even some undervolting potential but I know this device just doesn't have much developer love at all.

Regardless, it's very cool to be able to run Oreo 8.1 now since I have never really given a damn about it at all previously. I may go back to running the stock T-Mobile 20a rooted ROM on my S2P however, it depends on how things work out.

Mixer is moved to vendor/etc in o
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to messi2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift messi2050 Ad-Free
4th May 2018, 08:15 AM |#7  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messi2050

Geezus, I spent an hour looking for that information on multiple forums and websites and you're the first person to point out where it is, damn.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Adjusted the default path name="headphones" from 75 to 90 and w00t, much much better now. :P
4th May 2018, 02:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messi2050

I want to ask a question. This Custom ROM support the LG Stylus 2 Plus K520TR model?
7th May 2018, 10:27 AM |#9  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
There are two issues I've noticed, can't say they will, would, or do affect other people and I'm using the MetroPCS model with T-Mobile (I was using the T-Mobile stock ROM originally).

- the Mobile Hotspot does not function. It says it's working in the Settings submenu but the actual hotspot never does function, it never shows up as a visible AP for another device to connect to, the SSID is not broadcast, etc

- the USB options when you plug in a USB cable will not stick, I've got into the Developer Options and I have it set to always MTP and every single time I plug in I have to go manually change it from charging to MTP to get it working

They're not massively important things but for me the Mobile Hotspot could be useful for my Wife when we're out and about; her Flex 2 doesn't have cellular service so in the past she'd just tether to my Stylo but now that's not possible.

Not sure this can even be resolved given the nature of the usage but it would be nice to have those two nitpicks working properly. Aside from that this ROM so far has been spectacular: I'm getting 7+ hours of SOT at 50% brightness, with cellular and Wi-Fi enabled constantly, and using L Speed to handle background performance.

So far so good.
9th May 2018, 10:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I am getting a vendor ID error every time I restart the phone. T-Mobile version stylo. Clean install followed to a T. I also noticed some games aren't working either like they cannot community ate with the server mainly Paladins strike that game also starts with an error.

I'll try to screenshot the error and write it down as well as the vendor id it says I need to match
10th May 2018, 12:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Did a full reflash and the vendor id error persists. Also not sure if its because of that but most of the apps and games I try to play are giving me network errors and not downloading the content. I can download from the app store no problem but its within the app that problems with network start. My APN is correct as well.

Wondering if I missed a nougate update that is causing the vendor id error.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)