FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Please help! Soft bricked, unrooted, untouched, 100% stock phone brick during update

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Cecil12, Junior Member on 26th May 2019, 04:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am in need of serious help! I dropped my phone off a 2nd story, smashed the screen completely. So I took my wife's old stylo 2 plus (exact same phone) stuck my Sim and SD into it, registered through metro pcs, and it worked great.

I did software update because I was really excited (my old stylo 2 was rooted and had many problems along with being unable to update android software).

Update took about an hour, then said failed. After that it has been unable to boot up. I tried recovery mode, it offers to factory reset. Again reboots and stuck at logo screen. Says error device is corrupt, cannot be trusted, will not boot. I press power it says press power again to boot anyway. Restarts and sticks at logo screen. Device is basically untouched. No oem unlock, no debugging, no developer options, nothing has been touched ever, the phone is 100% stock. I even did factory reset before I started using the phone.

Can someone please help me at the least flash trip so I can fix this??

I am not new to this, but has been 5 years since I flashed anything. The problem is, is that it's still locked, and can't boot up. The phones bricked and never been touched!
If I can get twrp flashed I can go from there, I need a way to unlock it, or flash without unlocking.

Please help me I need my phone for work. I'd rather not switch back to an old smashed screen
27th May 2019, 01:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil12

I am in need of serious help! I dropped my phone off a 2nd story, smashed the screen completely. So I took my wife's old stylo 2 plus (exact same phone) stuck my Sim and SD into it, registered through metro pcs, and it worked great.

I did software update because I was really excited (my old stylo 2 was rooted and had many problems along with being unable to update android software).

Update took about an hour, then said failed. After that it has been unable to boot up. I tried recovery mode, it offers to factory reset. Again reboots and stuck at logo screen. Says error device is corrupt, cannot be trusted, will not boot. I press power it says press power again to boot anyway. Restarts and sticks at logo screen. Device is basically untouched. No oem unlock, no debugging, no developer options, nothing has been touched ever, the phone is 100% stock. I even did factory reset before I started using the phone.

Can someone please help me at the least flash trip so I can fix this??

I am not new to this, but has been 5 years since I flashed anything. The problem is, is that it's still locked, and can't boot up. The phones bricked and never been touched!
If I can get twrp flashed I can go from there, I need a way to unlock it, or flash without unlocking.

Please help me I need my phone for work. I'd rather not switch back to an old smashed screen

You need to download the kdz(device firmware) and flash it in download mode using lg up.
The Following User Says Thank You to messi2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift messi2050 Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 10:37 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry for the super long delay. I did what you said, and was able to use my phone again in no time. Thank you very much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)