FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(TWRP Backup) Stock rooted T-Mobile rom

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestD0701, Guest on 23rd April 2019, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Are you in a situation and need to restore a TWRP backup and for whatever the reason(s) don't have one available? Then if you have a Stylo 2 Plus this may be for you!

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE OP!!

This is a TWRP Backup of @pvsgh rom from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sty...obile-t3616000 Please don't forget to thank him on his thread! This is in no way a plan for me to rack up more thanks on xda. I'm only trying to help others who may have not made a backup or may be in some sort of situation and maybe can't set down and crank up fastboot and adb or don't yet know how to do some things or are like me and just lazy and want to hurry up. I saw a post like this way back on a past device I owned and it helped me. I hope it helps you too!

**Directions:
Just download the file and unzip and transfer to your TWRP Backup folder and restore the backup. This is the same exact rooted rom I linked from above. I did this backup on my T-Mobile LGK550 (carrier unlocked) that uses METRO PCS. Works fine on metro pcs.

**If you have any questions Google is your best friend! I always search for whatever and add "xda" on the end of my search. I don't trust other sites much.

**Disclaimer**
I'm not responsible if you fry your phone attempting this or if your baby mama gets pissed because your alarm doesn't wake you up and your lights get cut off because you slept all day and didn't get up to pay the bill. You probably have other issues that need attended to if that or something like that happens. Js. You're choosing to do this so it's 💯 on you if your phone breaks, but you should be good. Cheers.

TWRP v3.2.2.0 backup: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FX...w?usp=drivesdk

**If you use this please report back on the thread.

**Credits:
@pvsgh for his rom that I made my TWRP Backup from.
@messi2050 for maintaining TWRP for our beloved ph2n Stylo 2 Plus
@SM210 (me) for writing this cool op and doing the backup on my device, zipping it up and uploading it on my Google drive. Wooooooo. Jk
@xda because XDA rules and is the best developer site there is in all of the world! Durr!
@lg for making the phone.
@teamwin for TWRP recovery for 100s of devices!! Bad mofos!! Js.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuestD0701 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestD0701 Ad-Free

18th May 2019, 11:31 PM |#2  

More
Hi, a fast question, i can use this backup for my msm550 lg stylo 2 plus (MetroPCS).
GuestD0701
26th May 2019, 12:04 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FausRick

Hi, a fast question, i can use this backup for my msm550 lg stylo 2 plus (MetroPCS).

I have a TMobile Stylo 2 Pius and I unlocked it and I use it on metro PCS and that's what I did this backup on. I would "think" the answer to your question is yes but please use at your own risk and PLEASE report back here if you do use it. It's just system, data, boot of the rom linked in the op.

Edit added:
Ps: Tag me like this: @SM210 next time for faster response. I wasn't aware you had commented or would have replied much sooner. Sorry .

Sent from my ph2n using XDA Labs
6th June 2019, 08:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[/COLOR][CODE @SM210 [/CODE][CODE][/CODE @SM210
[PHP @SM210[/PHP]

@SM210 ok i'm in twrp and when i click on restore doesn't show the zip and when i go into install and click zip it show invalided zip file format. can you do step by step so i can do it right and thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxster9999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxster9999 Ad-Free
GuestD0701
7th June 2019, 01:42 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxster9999

[/COLOR][CODE @SM210 [/CODE][CODE][/CODE @SM210
[PHP @SM210[/PHP]

@SM210 ok i'm in twrp and when i click on restore doesn't show the zip and when i go into install and click zip it show invalided zip file format. can you do step by step so i can do it right and thank you.

Did you unzip once you downloaded it to your phone? Because i zipped it up to upload.

After that place it in twrp folder where your backups are usually located. I can post pics. Give me a minute. Let me know if unzipping was the issue because I believe it was.

I'm standing by ....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 02:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It was corrupted so I downloaded it again now it's TMobile stock edition thank you again uploading this
GuestD0701
7th June 2019, 01:16 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxster9999

It was corrupted so I downloaded it again now it's TMobile stock edition thank you again uploading this

Very glad you figured it out. I did a manual ota last night on my new Moto g6 phone and my laptops in the shop. I kept thinking, "oh **** what if the files not all the way downloaded and it tries to update anyway and soft bricks." 😂 I was lucky. It updated fine.

I'll put a md5 checksum up in a few in the op so we know if we downloaded the entire file or if it didn't. My bad I should have done that anyway.. Good day to all. ✌️😲
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)