• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

0.15mm (Dot View friendly) Tempered Glass Screen Protector List

Search This thread

Chris_c81

I know of four.

- MIME Feather
http://mimeusa.com/product/htc-one-m8-feather-glass-screen-protector/

- JiiZii
http://www.ilongsight.net/jiizii-gl...s-screen-protector-for-htc-one-m8-p-2061.html

- Glass M
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251564245465&alt=web

- Unnamed eBay
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331242293372&alt=web

Personally I've only tested the MIME and it was disappointing. Has known issues reported by many users. But it does work with Dot View.

I haven't tried the others. The unnamed eBay one quotes a hardness rating of 10H which is difficult to believe given thicker glass protectors max out at 9H.

Anyone tried any or know of any others?

Edit: I might give the Glass M a try. Found its official site:

http://glass4m.com/collections/glass-protector/products/glass-m-htc

It's made from Corning Gorilla Glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: frankcck

X1XNobleX1X

Jul 5, 2014
Melbourne
Spigen

I know of four.

Personally I've only tested the MIME and it was disappointing. Has known issues reported by many users. But it does work with Dot View.

I haven't tried the others. The unnamed eBay one quotes a hardness rating of 10H which is difficult to believe given thicker glass protectors max out at 9H.

Do you know if the 0.23mm Spigen Glas.tR will work with the dot case?-

eep02b

Apr 15, 2006
Dallas, Tx
From what I can find, and the reviews on amazon. This glass is actually like double the thickness they advertise. It's like .35mm not .18.

I actually have the linked screen protector, and while I don't have anything to measure the actual thickness of the protector, I know for a fact that it's thinner than the Nillkin tempered glass protector. I had that one on my phone prior to the Hero glass, and installed it on my wife's M8. It's so much more noticeably thinner, my wife made me but one for her after using my phone the other day. It's definitely closer to .18 than it is to .35

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris_c81

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
I have the MIME Feather Glass and it works perfectly with my Dot View. At first the flap didn't close 100% but I've had them for about a month now and the cover is now flush with the phone when it closes.

I'm not too familiar with many of the issues people have reported with the MIME Feather, but I can say that I wish it had rounded edges. I think having squared off edges causes dirt and debris to line up along them, although I haven't heard if the rounded edges don't have that problem.

Not like it's going to make or break anybody's decision, but the MIME Feather does have fantastic packaging and installs like a charm. Not a single air bubble or spec of dirt got under my screen and that's the first time in my entire history of owning screen protectors.

Chris_c81

Anyone received the GLASS-M yet? Mine is in transit from Hong Kong.

With regards to MIME, my biggest issue is the price they charge versus the quality of the product. With plastic conventional protectors things were different. There was a noticeable difference between the poor and the best examples from companies. With these tempered glass ones though, you can buy an average priced one (sometimes even a cheaply priced one) and you'll still have a decent product. The Nillkin for example is priced in the middle, yet its quality is superb and in my opinion bests the MIME equivalent (Ghost) offering.

I know. I've had both.

X1XNobleX1X

Jul 5, 2014
Melbourne
This week.

Anyone received the GLASS-M yet? Mine is in transit from Hong Kong.

With regards to MIME, my biggest issue is the price they charge versus the quality of the product. With plastic conventional protectors things were different. There was a noticeable difference between the poor and the best examples from companies. With these tempered glass ones though, you can buy an average priced one (sometimes even a cheaply priced one) and you'll still have a decent product. The Nillkin for example is priced in the middle, yet its quality is superb and in my opinion bests the MIME equivalent (Ghost) offering.

I know. I've had both.

Mine should be coming this week.
Hopefully it works out well.

Chris_c81

Received the GLASS-M today. Came packaged really well (kudos to the seller). The actual product packaging is neat and tidy. Has two compartments within. One housed the protector, the other side the cleaning kit. Inside you get:

- Screen protector
- Alcohol wipe
- Cleaning cloth
- Bubble remover (not sure why, no need)
- Static cling dirt remover

The protector itself applied easily. Simply lined up the top edge and gently eased the bottom end down. Went in straight first time.

Looks and feels as good as you'd expect from a glass protector. Finger slides over it as if it wasn't there. Does not seem to have any issues with fingerprints, very resistant.

If I had to pick some negative points I'd have to go with:

- could be a fraction (and I mean fraction) longer
- doesn't have rounded edges

The first though, is just me being particularly finicky. It well covers the screen despite.

The second affects all 0.15mm protectors I've found to date. I guess it's pretty hard to round off an edge so thin! So I can live with that.

Otherwise though, I have nothing but good things to say about it. The only other 0.15mm protector I've had is the Mime Feather. I'd choose the GLASS-M over the Mime without question. The Mime felt flimsy, really flimsy and scratched far too easily. This one feels more sturdy, yet still as thin. Yet to see if it's better at resisting scratches however, I don't doubt it will do a better job. The Mime was terrible for that.

Works nicely with Dot View by the way.

Highly recommended.

e3y2abyz.jpg
ebagyqeh.jpg
avevumam.jpg

X1XNobleX1X

Jul 5, 2014
Melbourne
Great review.

Received the GLASS-M today. Came packaged really well (kudos to the seller). The actual product packaging is neat and tidy. Has two compartments within. One housed the protector, the other side the cleaning kit. Inside you get:

- Screen protector
- Alcohol wipe
- Cleaning cloth

The protector itself applied easily. Simply lined up the top edge and gently eased the bottom end down. Went in straight first time.

Looks and feels as good as you'd expect from a glass protector. Finger slides over it as if it wasn't there. Does not seem to have any issues with fingerprints, very resistant.

The first though, is just me being particularly finicky. It well covers the screen despite.

The second affects all 0.15mm protectors I've found to date. I guess it's pretty hard to round off an edge so thin! So I can live with that.

Otherwise though, I have nothing but good things to say about it. The only other 0.15mm protector I've had is the Mime Feather. I'd choose the GLASS-M over the Mime without question. The Mime felt flimsy, really flimsy and scratched far too easily. This one feels more sturdy, yet still as thin. Yet to see if it's better at resisting scratches however, I don't doubt it will do a better job. The Mime was terrible for that.

Highly recommended.

e3y2abyz.jpg
ebagyqeh.jpg
avevumam.jpg

Mine should be coming tomorrow!

Great review, I'm happy I purchased the Glass-M.

Chris_c81

- Screen protector
- Alcohol wipe
- Cleaning cloth

Highly recommended.

e3y2abyz.jpg
ebagyqeh.jpg
avevumam.jpg

Almost a week on. Not seeing any signs of hairline scratching yet. By now with the Mime I had seen some, so that'd suggest this one is made of tougher stuff. No other issues to report. Great 0.15 protector.

Mike Lim

Mar 14, 2010
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Almost a week on. Not seeing any signs of hairline scratching yet. By now with the Mime I had seen some, so that'd suggest this one is made of tougher stuff. No other issues to report. Great 0.15 protector.

Thanks for the update. Just got mine from Aliexpress, from this store EBuy.

By the way, edges are curved. Maybe new revision.

Also retail box like yours. Works with my dot view case. Great protector.
Love it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Chris_c81

Thanks for the update. Just got mine from Aliexpress, from this store EBuy.

By the way, edges are curved. Maybe new revision.

Also retail box like yours. Works with my dot view case. Great protector.
Love it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Still spotless few weeks in. Really impressed at how resistant this one is to scratches.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Screen protector
    - Alcohol wipe
    - Cleaning cloth

Highly recommended.

e3y2abyz.jpg
    ebagyqeh.jpg
    avevumam.jpg

I just ordered Glass-M screen protector (0.15mm because i've got the dot view case) and i think it should arrive next week or so... i'll post my impressions here as soon as i get it :good:
    I know of four.

- MIME Feather
    http://mimeusa.com/product/htc-one-m8-feather-glass-screen-protector/

- JiiZii
    http://www.ilongsight.net/jiizii-gl...s-screen-protector-for-htc-one-m8-p-2061.html

- Glass M
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251564245465&alt=web

- Unnamed eBay
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331242293372&alt=web

http://glass4m.com/collections/glass-protector/products/glass-m-htc

Purchased the Glass-M

I couldn't say for sure. I only know that for certain, the 0.15mm ones work perfectly with Dot View case.

I decided to purchase the Glass-M aswell, it's a lot cheaper than the Spigen.
    Hopefully it lives up to the quality.
    I got my glass4m 0.15 tempered Glass screen protector, and it's great! The dot view case works fawlessly and the protector can hardly be seen on the screen (to see it i have to look at the edges) and the feeling is very good... The only missing thing are the rounded edges, but it's a very minor issue as the protector is very thin...