READ ALL OF THE OP BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS
As we now have NAND booting for the HD2, its time we also had a way to flash ROMs from the SD aswell so here we have ClockworkMod Recovery compiled for the HD2. It is fully working except ROM Manager is not supported.
Recovery can now boot from NAND instead of the old SD Card boot method, to flash the rom, download the recovery with the partition layout you require, then flash as you would a standard NAND rom using DAF and MAGLDR USB Flasher. then select AD Recovery to load into recovery.
Kind note to Devs;
Please stop posting modified flash.cfg files for use with CWM
CWM is designed to make it easier to flash roms without needing a windows PC, if you post a different flash.cfg in each rom thread then it defeats this purpose as a pc will be required for flashing each layout.
Stick to using the default partition layouts or use USB flasher
How to use;
For MAGLDR NAND Boot;
1. Download recovery with partition size for the type of rom you plan on using, see guide below if unsure.
2. Extract downloaded file and load magldr into USB Flasher mode.
3. Run DAF.exe and follow instructions
4. After completed and phone reboots, hold power key and select AD Recovery from list
5. Recovery will now load
For old style SD Boot;
1. download one of the partition files for SD Boot, if you don't know which one you need, use the 250M one or check with rom developer.
2. Extract downloaded zip to a folder of your choice
3. Copy contents of copy_to_sd_root (initrd.gz and zImage) to the root of your sd card
4. boot into magldr and select USB Flasher option while phone is connected to PC
5. Run DAF.exe included in the zip and follow onscreen instructions.
6. After complete, again boot into magldr and select "Boot AD SD" option
7. ClockworkMod recovery should load, you can flash a rom from here.
-Supports AD Recovery in MAGLDR
-MAGLDR v1.13 REQUIRED Download HERE
-400MB Partition layout now works with 512MB LEO for roms with Data2SD
-Fixed SD-EXT Backup/Restore/Wipe
-Updated ClockworkMod to 18.104.22.168, now based on Gingerbread Source
- Initial Release
Q. Ive flashed v1.3 but cant access recovery anymore.
A. Make sure you are using MAGLDR 1.13 and are selecting "AD Recovery" instead of "Boot AD SD"
Q. Ive downloaded v1.3 but there is no copy_to_sd folder
A. Recovery no longer requires any files on the SD card, just flash it like a standard nand rom and select "AD Recovery in magldr menu
Q. Can I change the partition sizes used for CWM
A. You can by editing the flash.cfg but this is not recommended, CWM is designed to make it easier for switching roms, by flashing a custom partition size you may stop other roms working and require reflashing a new partition size when you want to change roms.
Q. I dont know which partition size to download
A. Depending on what type of roms you plan on using, you should choose the partition size based on the following.
150MB Partition - For bare roms including CyanogenMod, AOSP, and MiUI
250MB Partition - For Standard sense roms including Desire and EVo based ROMs, can also be used for some squashed HD builds
400MB Partition - For Larger roms including unsquashed Desire HD and Z roms, ROMs REQUIRE data2sd for EU HD2 with 512MB NAND
Notes for devs;
Please add tags to the title of your threads stating if they are to be flashed with recovery or DAF, [ZIP] for recovery update.zip and [USB] if its installed over usb using daf.
The cache partition is only 10MB so that recovery can still use it, to get cache to work in android, make a directory in data called cachemnt and on boot symlink /cache to /data/cachemnt, this does not apply when using 150M partition size
Credits go to;