[02-01-2013][CWMR] Trekstor Surftab Breeze 7

Search This thread

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    !!!!!CAUTION: This recovery works only flawlessly on Breeze tabs with the serialnumbers containing a C! E.g. 93016Z3Cxxxxxxx!!!!!

Hi,

Finally I made it to get CWM Recovery up and running for Trekstor Surftab Breeze.

Before starting a huge thanks to my tester X-On, who tested every crappy CWM Image I made until we got a good one! Also thanks to my other tester Snackez, whose tab didn't make it as I made a silly mistake, which caused the tablet to just display a black screen.

The usual stuff:
    I am not responsible for any bricks or other damages made to your tablets! But chances are minimal now. :)

For the reference I pasted here the contents of the recovery.fstab file:
    Code:
    # mount point    fstype        device                    device2

/boot            emmc        /dev/block/nandc
    /system            ext4        /dev/block/nandd
    /data            ext4        /dev/block/nande
    /misc            emmc        /dev/block/nandf   # here the flag to boot from the recovery partition is set. 16MB wasted for this!
    /recovery        ext4        /dev/block/nandg
    /cache            ext4        /dev/block/nandh
    /sdcard            vfat        /dev/block/mmcblk0p1    /dev/block/nandk
    Current status:
    So, after the 2nd fiasco with the 6.x.x.x CWM, I reverted back to the 5.0.X.X base, where at least the power button works. Also I found out how to break the CWM boot loop, unless you got a working adb shell:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/nandf conv=notrunc count=20 bs=1
    In my new release I've soft linked the sh binary to /system/bin, so adb should work right out of the box. Also I've added a new service calling sh, which calls postrecoveryboot.sh (containing above code snippet), so that it should definitely be executed.
    Now, 02-01-2013, Backup to internal and external SD is possible without problems...see the known problems section for any other bugs.

So, here it is!
    http://ul.to/fx8vsnj3

or attached.

Instructions:
    1. Download the rar archive and unpack it onto your internal SD card
    2. Fire up either ADB shell or download any terminal emulator from the play store and type:
    Code:
    $ su
    # dd if=/dev/block/nandg of=/sdcard/recoverystock.img
    # dd if=/sdcard/recoveryBreezeNew.img of=/dev/block/nandg
    3. Turn of your tab.
    4. Keep pressed the volume- key and press power until the screens lights up
    5. Keep volume- pressed until you see the CWM menue

If for some reason you want to switch back to your stock recovery, you need to fire up adb shell again or your terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    $ su
    # dd if=/sdcard/recoverystock.img of=/dev/block/nandg
    I will make a flashable CWM zip for getting the stock recovery back while being in recovery mode. Should be comfortable doing so :)

Known problems
    1. Mounting USB Storage is not possible while getting an error message like "cannot open ums lunfile". I googled a bit it doesn't seem so easy to fix...:confused:

Regards
    TheSSJ

Attachments

• recoveryBreezeNew.zip
      5.7 MB · Views: 4,715
    Last edited:

X-On

Jan 22, 2007
    Nice
    Hi TheSSJ,

I would be interested in testing the CWM but is there a way to backup the original system since no firmware or ROM are available right now?

Keep the good working !!

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Hi,

unfortunately not...I don't know why trekstor is so slow at releasing the original firmwares...

Still wanna do it? ;)

regards

Reactions: pythoner

Mr-H

Oct 13, 2009
    good news! : Good:
    thank you
    have you managed to get the source code to make us a nice custom rom?
    in any case, thank you for your work!

sorry for my bad english, i'm french

Mr-H

Oct 13, 2009
    If I understand, you know save / retrieve the original rom?
    So this principle, it remains to find a cook to modify / improve the rom?

On the new recovery that you do, I test tonight ...

Thank you for your work, hoping that other developers are also working on

pythoner

Apr 27, 2011
    I just installed your CWN and it works great!

I did a Backup of the ROM and then removed a Hell of a lot Stock apps and added some new. The tablet got significantly faster (It feels faster).

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: TheSSJ

der-blizzard

Dec 22, 2008
    Original Firmware

I have done your task. Works great.
    But i have done a mistak.
    Now i dont have a backup from the original.
    Where can i found original Trekstore Firmware for breeze 7.0 ?
    I have to flash my pad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      !!!!!CAUTION: This recovery works only flawlessly on Breeze tabs with the serialnumbers containing a C! E.g. 93016Z3Cxxxxxxx!!!!!

Hi,

Finally I made it to get CWM Recovery up and running for Trekstor Surftab Breeze.

Before starting a huge thanks to my tester X-On, who tested every crappy CWM Image I made until we got a good one! Also thanks to my other tester Snackez, whose tab didn't make it as I made a silly mistake, which caused the tablet to just display a black screen.

The usual stuff:
      I am not responsible for any bricks or other damages made to your tablets! But chances are minimal now. :)

For the reference I pasted here the contents of the recovery.fstab file:
      Code:
      # mount point    fstype        device                    device2

/boot            emmc        /dev/block/nandc
      /system            ext4        /dev/block/nandd
      /data            ext4        /dev/block/nande
      /misc            emmc        /dev/block/nandf   # here the flag to boot from the recovery partition is set. 16MB wasted for this!
      /recovery        ext4        /dev/block/nandg
      /cache            ext4        /dev/block/nandh
      /sdcard            vfat        /dev/block/mmcblk0p1    /dev/block/nandk
      Current status:
      So, after the 2nd fiasco with the 6.x.x.x CWM, I reverted back to the 5.0.X.X base, where at least the power button works. Also I found out how to break the CWM boot loop, unless you got a working adb shell:
      Code:
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/nandf conv=notrunc count=20 bs=1
      In my new release I've soft linked the sh binary to /system/bin, so adb should work right out of the box. Also I've added a new service calling sh, which calls postrecoveryboot.sh (containing above code snippet), so that it should definitely be executed.
      Now, 02-01-2013, Backup to internal and external SD is possible without problems...see the known problems section for any other bugs.

So, here it is!
      http://ul.to/fx8vsnj3

or attached.

Instructions:
      1. Download the rar archive and unpack it onto your internal SD card
      2. Fire up either ADB shell or download any terminal emulator from the play store and type:
      Code:
      $ su
      # dd if=/dev/block/nandg of=/sdcard/recoverystock.img
      # dd if=/sdcard/recoveryBreezeNew.img of=/dev/block/nandg
      3. Turn of your tab.
      4. Keep pressed the volume- key and press power until the screens lights up
      5. Keep volume- pressed until you see the CWM menue

If for some reason you want to switch back to your stock recovery, you need to fire up adb shell again or your terminal emulator and type:
      Code:
      $ su
      # dd if=/sdcard/recoverystock.img of=/dev/block/nandg
      I will make a flashable CWM zip for getting the stock recovery back while being in recovery mode. Should be comfortable doing so :)

Known problems
      1. Mounting USB Storage is not possible while getting an error message like "cannot open ums lunfile". I googled a bit it doesn't seem so easy to fix...:confused:

Regards
      TheSSJ
      New update with fixed mount points. Only the mount usb storage function doesn't want to work...:(
      Hell Yeah!
      Hi,

no, unfortunately I'm no good ROM cooker (also there are no sources available, don't know why :( ). But the CWM is the first step to begin testingfor new ROMS...

Greets
      Hi,

unfortunately not...I don't know why trekstor is so slow at releasing the original firmwares...

Still wanna do it? ;)

regards