[02.05.22] I N975F_DS I N976_B_N I N970F I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread
Any other N975F/N976/N70 users who have passing SafetyNet on S04? I have safetynet passing on my N975F

Screenshot_20220508-002243_YASNAC.jpg

Doesn't pass 😪

Last edited by a moderator:

saifkhan9187

Jul 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Hi @dr.ketan juat a general info, the startup of the N975 is so slow specially the splash boot screen before samsung logo boot screen. Is it kernel shadow bug etc in cruel kernel? Are you also fscing the same?

Malik Sayriii

Mar 4, 2021
Any other N975F/N976/N70 users who have passing SafetyNet on S04? I have safetynet passing on my N975F
Thanks Dr. for the update & amazing ROM.
Some issues i am facing:
-Not passing CTS profile on N976B CSC BTU
Clean installed everything twice as per instruction on latest stock firmware.
But the SaftyNet Fix apk from ROM TOOL Working Fine.
-Dont know why but camera seems little blurry as compared to stock.
-3mint battery icons makes phone hangs & slow inbetween processes (i am facing this issue since R )
- 9 out of 10 times secure folder fails to backup/restore. (No error but it finishes 0% to 100% within a minute & didnt upload/download anything)
-some other features like protect wifi & samsung Dex is also not working for me. Didnt check link to windows yet.
-S04 takes longer time to boot as comoared to previous versions.

maaaatteo

Sep 19, 2012
- In case dirty install (You can try if you are on DrKetan ROM previous version but we DO NOT RECOMMENDED)
  • Clear ROM Tool data
  • Before installing ROM, uninstall Magisk manager from app drawer
  • After ROM installation, update Magisk from installed stub

what does "from installed stub" mean?? where is magisk?

EDIT: if you mean magisk.zip inside the rom itself, then flashing it (after flashing the rom) will cause bootloop.
if i reboot into system without flashing magisk.zip, then where's magisk manager? it was uninstalled before the rom flashing (as per your instruction) but from where should i download and install it?

EDIT 2: i installed this one https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v24.2/stub-release.apk and everything seems to be fine now - is that the correct package you meant in the instructions?

Last edited:

blackhawk_LA

Dec 27, 2010
HTC One (m7)
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
what does "from installed stub" mean?? where is magisk?

EDIT: if you mean magisk.zip inside the rom itself, then flashing it (after flashing the rom) will cause bootloop.
if i reboot into system without flashing magisk.zip, then where's magisk manager? it was uninstalled before the rom flashing (as per your instruction) but from where should i download and install it?

EDIT 2: i installed this one https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v24.2/stub-release.apk and everything seems to be fine now - is that the correct package you meant
"After ROM installation, update Magisk from installed stub" -> that means reboot after flashing, look for magisk manager "app" [it won't be the actual app, just a "link" to update to the real app] and click ok to update

Did a clean Install from S03 to Stock and then to S04.. Everything worked fine but i also can't get Safetynet to work..

Also the given "Fix" on your Download Page is outdated and won't install because "it's for an older version of android"

Links to screenshots if needed pls PM me (but its the same as the other guys)

EDIT: Sry forgot to mention i have a N975F which is branded.. maybe thats the issue? I wan't to debrand anyway..
my CSC is "DRE" but i wanna get to "ATO"

Last edited:

maaaatteo

Sep 19, 2012
Then you didn`t install original dr. Ketan ROM! :cool: Flash again! Magisk is in the drawer!
It was a dirt install

blackhawk_LA

Dec 27, 2010
HTC One (m7)
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
It was a dirt install

Maybe you could try installing stub from https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v24.3 after booting the rom and follow instructions

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
Can someone provide the Samsung Health apk which was available on ROM Tool? My Google Play updated it and now it doesn't work. I don't want to use the fix, because it breaks Find My Mobile.

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
S04 is Online.
Must read changelog above
Thanks Doc, flawless again! (y)

I come from R12 and hesitated long for upgrading to S0x versions, because after dirty installing the whole R-serie I knew it would be better to clean install in case of a new Android release. But with 400+ user apps it costed me more than a full day to get everything working again. Especially apps for banking, creditcards, government identification, security alarm and camera's mostly simply restoring an app does not suffice.

But, I first I installed the latest stock firmware and followed your prescriptions (an making TWRP backups every hour, just in case ..). The only glitch was not passing safetynet, but your fix fixed that.

It's really a no brainer to install your ROM's, all the necessary software and install guides are there and makes it a piece of cake. The real work for me is restoring all my user apps :ROFLMAO:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okey, so probably its hardware, because i have flashed latest rom 2 months ago with full reset. Maybe if i downgrade to A11 it will work. Before A12 update it worked so maybe it will fix problem :/ If you are interested, if it worked i can report it here, when I find some time to try downgrade.
    Thanks for help :)
    Try flashing latest stock. Sometimes they update usb c drivers that may influence on the charging process. If it doesn't work try going back to 11. But be careful, some bootloaders can not be downgraded, so I suggest you make a full nandroid backup (with bootloader and everything) in case flashing android 11 doesn't work. Also keep in hand twrp latest file, the one that works with android 12 and ideally the same version that you make the nandroid backup with. That might save you some time and some worries in case anything goes wrong.

And yes, let as know, I would find it very interesting if it actually works on android 11 and not on 12... :)
    N975F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM DeKnoxed

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA:DevDB Information
    N975F_DS I Dr.Ketan ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
    dr.ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-08-29
    Last Updated 2021-01-21
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA likely won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. ;)

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

ChangeLog

Pie

- P01 - 29.08.2019 - Initial release based on N975FXXU1ASH5
    - P02 - 30.08.2019
    - P03 - 07.09.2019
    - P04 - 10.10.2019
    - P05 - 30.10.2019
    - P06 - 04.11.2019

Q
    - Q01 - 16.12.2019 - Only released for Test users
    - Q02 - 18.12.2019
    - Q03 - 30.01.2020
    - Q04 - 07.02.2020
    - Q05 - 20.02.2020
    - Q06 - 04.05.2020
    - Q07 - 07.06.2020
    - Q08 - 04.07.2020
    - Q09 - 02.08.2020
    - Q10 - 06.09.2020
    - Q11 - 08.10.2020
    - Q12 - 03.11.2020

- Q13 - 08.12.2020

R
    - R01 - 30.12.2020
    - R02 - 10.01.2020
    - R03 - 21.01.2021
    - R04 - 18.02.2021
    OneUI 3.1
    - R05 - 26.02.2021
    - R06 - 01.04.2021
    - R07 - 15.05.2021
    - R08 - 13.06.2021
    - R09 - 07.07.2021
    - R10 - 26.08.2021
    - R11 - 08.10.2021
    - R12 - 09.11.2021

S (OneUI 4.0)
    - S01 - 10.01.2022
    - S02 - 31.01.2022

OneUI 4.1
    - S03 - 25.03.2022
    - S04 - 02.05.2022

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.
    Dear friends,
    When whole world is fighting against corona, being a doctor, my service is more important to my society and my country as doctor, till our fight end, I am taking leave from android development.
    Wishing you and all a healthy life.
    Take care,
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan.

@dr.ketan, i hope you are doing OK .. Best Wishes from Ireland..
    i will not update my phone till this pandemic ends and You return..may be months, years - who knows?maybe i will get another phone - who knows?
    Cheers!
    Hi everyone!
    This is just to say hi and all well here. Still situation in my country much under control.
    Hoping soon we whole world will won fight against Covid-19.
    Thank you very much all users (specially Pro users for continuing support even dev is on hold), missing xda so much.
    Hoping to come back soon.
    Regards.
    Dr.Ketan