• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question 02 Physical SIM Signal Dropping

Search This thread

pahardie

Nov 19, 2009
Ilkley, Leeds
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have my Vodafone esim in my 6pro and the signal is fine on that no problems at all 4/5g pickup is good etc.

But my physical 02 work SIM (not on a 5g plan) - the signal sometimes disappears to the point it says no service and won't come back until I eventually reboot.

Any one else with this issue? Happens even in decent signal areas where I am used to using 02 a lot. And indeed post reboot the signal is good. Never has issues with the same combination of esim/physical SIM on my P5.

My Vodafone esim doesn't have this problem seemingly.

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
It could be a dodgy connection or the SIM was damaged on moving from one device to another? If it stops responding or crashes (SIM cards have a little CPU and operating system in them) then the phone will drop the mobile connection.

I think all you can do is try cleaning the contacts with something (Isopropyl is a good thing to use) and seeing if that improves things, otherwise try a new SIM.

pahardie

Nov 19, 2009
Ilkley, Leeds
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It could be a dodgy connection or the SIM was damaged on moving from one device to another? If it stops responding or crashes (SIM cards have a little CPU and operating system in them) then the phone will drop the mobile connection.

I think all you can do is try cleaning the contacts with something (Isopropyl is a good thing to use) and seeing if that improves things, otherwise try a new SIM.
I'll try getting a new SIM. It hasn't happened on my previous phone with same SIM. But as you say might have damaged SIM during swap.

It's weird it does work for a bit though. But seemingly if I lose signal it doesn't reconnect.

My voda esim behaves as you'd expect.

Someone I know on giff gaf (also 02 network) is having exactly the same issue. Wonder if it's a network thing....

Hope my phone's not knackard 😂