[03.05.21] N986B I N985F/DS I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

Blue.Child

Aug 24, 2013
Munich, Germany
Th!at is NOT due to the R05 rom.

There is something wrong with latest magisk. I have same issue since last magisk update. I tried from anther app from playstore to check safetynet it is NOT btoken. Also playstore remains certified,i checked it. Also see screnshot of safetynet test
View attachment 5281815
Thanks for answering, is it possible to downgrade Magisk to previous working version?

DuB

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, is data usage view in quick panel csc option working for tweaks pro on R05?

It's there in my cscfeature.xml but not showing in notification pull down, quick panel

Last edited:

NextB

Apr 20, 2021
Kuwait
hello again dr and thanks for your hard work but i have a small issue when i flash your rom R05 for N986B in twrp after restart i get stuck in bootloop please help i know that i followed every step but i cant figure it out why i get stuck in the same bootloop.

AltarOfMyEgo

Jan 3, 2015
Hello guys, Dr. Ketan,

There's a serious issue here and I need some help. I'm on the latest Q update. Tried R and wrote about what I didn't like in the latest OneUi update a few pages back. Out of nowhere, while watching TV, my phone shut down (I wasn't even using it, it was just laying next to me) and it won't boot up. No recovery mode, no download mode. Phone is charged. I plugged it in, just in case, and it's charged. When I hold Power and volume down to go to download mode, I feel the vibration, but nothing shows on the screen. Plugged it to my PC, nothing. Not in file explorer, not in Odin. The ROM was flawless, really. Got the pro version for the additional features. I have no idea what to do and some assistance or advices could really help.

Thanks in advance guys.
Hello everyone,

My last post on this thread was almost a month ago, when my Note 20 decided to die. I managed to get a new one yesterday, but now I'm wondering: Should I buy a new license for TweaksPro? Should I ask for a license transfer? What do you guys think would be "correct" thing to do?

Thanks in advance.

mcgomfer

Sep 2, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hello everyone,

My last post on this thread was almost a month ago, when my Note 20 decided to die. I managed to get a new one yesterday, but now I'm wondering: Should I buy a new license for TweaksPro? Should I ask for a license transfer? What do you guys think would be "correct" thing to do?

Thanks in advance.
I had something similar happen to me, and I sent it in for repair, and it appears that it was a screen issue. Got a screen replacement, and the phone was working again.

Mahmood

Dec 6, 2004
Nijmegen
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Well you can help the dev to buy a new license I should say when u can buy a Note 20 😱 you can buy a new license 😁.

Blue.Child

Aug 24, 2013
Munich, Germany
well magisk is working fine. Nothing is broken.And safetynet passes except that it doesnt show via magisk app.

My advice dont downgrade magisk can lead to issues. Wait for magisk new update and docs new update to R06.
Even that SafetyNet is not getting Pass in the Magisk, Google Pay is working fine. I just dirty installed the ROM over the Version 4 and everything is working very well.
Thanks Dr. Ketan!

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
Dear friends
Sorry for not available on xda since nearly 3 wks because of medical urgency. Now all good but still covid situation in my city is horrible (second wave) and becauses of pending work as well too much hospital workload, it may still take one or two weeks more to full come back on xda.
Thank you everyone for support and patience.
Regards

NextB

Apr 20, 2021
Kuwait
Dear friends
Sorry for not available on xda since nearly 3 wks because of medical urgency. Now all good but still covid situation in my city is horrible (second wave) and becauses of pending work as well too much hospital workload, it may still take one or two weeks more to full come back on xda.
Regards
God bless you dr i hope god protects you for humanity 🙏

Reactions: DuB and dr.ketan

SoNaQuah

Jul 24, 2013
accra
Dear friends
Regards
We are with you bro. We pray for you safety and hope you return sooner.

Srbija2012

• Apr 12, 2012
    Canberra
    Dear friends
    Regards
    Human life is more important...
    Do what you need to do, we can wait...

Blue.Child

Aug 24, 2013
    Munich, Germany
    I have found recent issue about magisk and to fix safetynet, you needs to update to magisk canary version to fix issue. Still I believe it should be cosmetic and things should work as it should. Mine root hiding apps still working with safetynet error.
    Thank you once again Doctor, just updated to Canary Version as you suggested and SafetyNet is getting Pass again.
    Stay healthy Brother.

kingwicked

Aug 11, 2011
    www.kingwicked.deviantart.com
    Screenshot_20210429-043337_CheckFirm.jpg

New firmware update. Looks like there would be an update now every month.

Reactions: Jhfreeze and Tops1

Top Liked Posts

Thanks, but this ROM is debloated, Samsung apps (except camera) removed/replaced by Google apps ?
      Debloat - yes rom is debloated to limited for some craps but without breaking major feature, or debloated apps you can install from store if needed
      Google replement - No and never. Don't expect in future too.
      Dear friends
      Regards
      I have found recent issue about magisk and to fix safetynet, you needs to update to magisk canary version to fix issue. Still I believe it should be cosmetic and things should work as it should. Mine root hiding apps still working with safetynet error.
      ChangeLog R06

• Based on N986BXXU2DUDA May 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
      • GoodLock and Quick Star updated
      • Magisk updated to canary (requires for safetynet fix)
      • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
      Samsung Base Chanelog
      • The performance of Camera has been improved
      • Enhanced Quick Share
      • Improve file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quick Share.
      • The security of your device has been improved.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
      - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
      - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
      - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
      - Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
      - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
      - Removed carrier bloatwares
      - QuickStar without CSC dependency
      - More secure OEM patch.
      - High Volume warning disabled
      - Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
      - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
      - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
      - Internet browser Secret mode
      - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
      - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
      • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
      • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
      • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
        1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
        2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
      • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
      • StatusBar Icons
        1. Show/Hide stock battery
        2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
        3. show/hide stock clock
        4. show/hide 3minit clock
        5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
      • ROM Control - See below
      • GoodLock
      • Mods & Fix
        1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
        2. Titanium backup FC fix
        3. Google Pay Fix
        4. SafetyNet Fix
        5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
        6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
        7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
      • Update & Fix
      - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
        • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
        • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
      PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
      : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
      Getting some time now, downloaded latest base UDA (May security patch) Hoping to finish in wk end.
      Thanks for keeping patience.
      R06 is Online now.
      Read changelog
      here

Dear friends
      Regards
      N986B/N985F Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
      Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
      @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
      @topjohnwu for Magisk
      @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
      ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
      @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. @geiti94 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA:DevDB Information

N986B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
      dr.ketan, Dr.Ketan
      ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-08-27
      Last Updated 2020-10-29
      ChangeLog R03 (N986B/N985F)

(Update : There is new version R03_New.
      Basic features remain same as R03. Read This for R03_New change log)
      • Based on N986BXXU1DUB6 Feb2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
      • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
      • Magisk updated to latest stable
      • GoodLock & Quick Star updated
      • AdFree host file updated
      • Vanced manager updated
      • More apps debloated (download area have restore files if needed
      • Custom fonts available in debloating folder of download area
      • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
      • Samsung Base ChangeLog

Calendar
      - Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
      - Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
      Camera
      - The performance of Camera has been improved
      Display
      - Eye comfort shield function has been added.
      - The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
      Buds Auto Switching
      - Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
      Reminder
      - Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
      Share Sheet
      - It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
      Social Platform
      - Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
      - The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
      Photo Editor
      - Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
      - Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
      - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
      - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
      - Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
      - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
      - Removed carrier bloatwares
      - QuickStar without CSC dependency
      - More secure OEM patch.
      - High Volume warning disabled
      - Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
      - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
      - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
      - Internet browser Secret mode
      - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
      - ROM Tool with following Options
        • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
        • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
        • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
        • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
          1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
          2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
        • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
        • StatusBar Icons
          1. Show/Hide stock battery
          2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
          3. show/hide stock clock
          4. show/hide 3minit clock
          5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
        • ROM Control - See below
        • GoodLock
        • Mods & Fix
          1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
          2. Titanium backup FC fix
          3. Google Pay Fix
          4. SafetyNet Fix
          5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
          6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
          7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
        • Update & Fix
      - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
        • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
        • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
      PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- Wallapaper setting not available because of debloating accidentally file. Kindly flash
      AR_Zone_Emoji_WallPaper.zip from Download/Bloatware folder
      - 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
      : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Wishing you friends happy and healthy new year! Stay safe and blessed.
      After a nightmare now back.
      Testing R01 now. (y)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone