Development [05.08.22] S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan Magisk ROM I OneUI 4.1

Search This thread

Timtown

Feb 27, 2007
Wake Forest, NC
ok i will flash rom and try this. then i will try using my apps and report back.

Edit: Weirdly everything is working this time (so far) I have gotten as far as applying essential fix, safety net fix, going to continue and see if any google issues come back

I did notice when restoring backup that i got a screen saying "Optimizing Apps" which I previously never gotten thinking maybe this helped fix the error but not sure yet.
I experienced your error(s).
Everything was running fine until I attempted TWRP backup. The backup failed. Tried a few tricks, none worked. So, not only did the BUs not go but, I soon found out that it had corrupted my APN and setting so, no mobile data. After attempting several more tricks, including a full TWRP restore. Still no mobile data; Wi-Fi and voice connect but that's it. So, I went back and flashed back to Stock (BL, AP, CP, Home CSC and, TWRP); that Frija app is really amazing. Reflashed S08. After finishing S08 install and restoring Google backup, I started getting Play Store/Google errors, about 40 +/- apps "couldn't be downloaded". Wiping data and uninstalling GPS updates solved these issues.

Thanks Samsung.

Timtown

Feb 27, 2007
Wake Forest, NC
This is probably well-known but, JIC... for any audiophiles that are on Snapdragon and missing Viper, there is a tool that will enable pretty great audio playback on SD device(s). Visit Playstore and get the Audio DAC booster. Pro version is available for small charge.

Apologies to Dr.K if this post infringes on thread rules. Full permission to remove post if so.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Dirty flashed July patch firmware, seems all good.

Screenshot_20220704-235540_Settings.jpg

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
well im ready to upgrade s09 but I can't get Frija 1.4.4 to finish downloading the firmwares :( keeps getting stuck part way through and sitting at 0 kbs doing nothing.

update: after 3rd try finally got the full file to download... phew

and screwed up somehow lost twrp

back to stock , rooted, gonna try to get twrp back in with the vb meta disabler file

and twrp back in. phew. now to finally update to s09 :D

Last edited:

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Well something doesnt match up right here with this update. Because the rom installer says we need base AVF9 however the update actually is AVF5 on S908B atleast I notice your update was built on s908E so I don't even know how to install this. Flashing my s08 backup back on until this makes more sense
Screenshot (9).png

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Well something doesnt match up right here with this update. Because the rom installer says we need base AVF9 however the update actually is AVF5 on S908B atleast I notice your update was built on s908E so I don't even know how to install this. Flashing my s08 backup back on until this makes more senseView attachment 5653445
Usually same month security patch with minor difference (last letter) should be fine. I needs someone to test and report, if you want, you can.

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Usually same month security patch with minor difference (last letter) should be fine. I needs someone to test and report, if you want, you can.
Ah ok, yea i noticed the last file in Frija was labled AVF9 but the base says AVF5 in settings. Im still all prepared so I will go ahead and try to flash your rom in. If you need a dedicated Exynos tester I'm free 24/7 :D

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Well success so far :D setting up rom tool , gona test google apps again cuz of weird error i had that last time haha and then install all my settings and should be good.

The only thing I can't test is 5g and mobile data just yet. A lot of US carriers wouldn't turn on this model even though most of the bands match up. for anyone reading and has 2908B/DS in the US these carriers WONT work: Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Spectrum.

Confirmed working on web says T-Mobile and AT&T for s908b/ds

I have google Fi sim card coming, they work off T-Mobile towers so it should work, but will confirm when I actually put SIM in phone and see that sweet 5G symbol on my bar.

One fix we do need though is something to remove the notification for the search engine selection that pops up. I always have to turn off it's notification but I'd like to just remove it completely lol

Edit: while setting up had same google issues as before with play store service errors even after using fix in tweaks pro

Last edited:

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
I experienced your error(s).
Everything was running fine until I attempted TWRP backup. The backup failed. Tried a few tricks, none worked. So, not only did the BUs not go but, I soon found out that it had corrupted my APN and setting so, no mobile data. After attempting several more tricks, including a full TWRP restore. Still no mobile data; Wi-Fi and voice connect but that's it. So, I went back and flashed back to Stock (BL, AP, CP, Home CSC and, TWRP); that Frija app is really amazing. Reflashed S08. After finishing S08 install and restoring Google backup, I started getting Play Store/Google errors, about 40 +/- apps "couldn't be downloaded". Wiping data and uninstalling GPS updates solved these issues.

Thanks Samsung.
Need to know how to uninstall GPS updates updated to s09 and back to same problems. also don't advise wiping /data. this leads to wiping out Dr. Ketan's rom and having to start over again.

dr.ketan

Need to know how to uninstall GPS updates updated to s09 and back to same problems. also don't advise wiping /data. this leads to wiping out Dr. Ketan's rom and having to start over again.
Are you restoring data from TWRP? Or restoring settings from Cloud like google or samsung?

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Are you restoring data from TWRP? Or restoring settings from Cloud like google or samsung?
The problem really doesn't start with restoring data but with base apps like , chrome etc not syncing with the logged in google account. Like in system settings under accounts. Then it gets worse if you try to remove the google account, no box will show to allow you to log in again. It's very puzzling and the issue seems to happen even before flashing the rom. Signing in when setting up before flashing rom seems to work, restoring apps seems to work for a bit, then gets stuck and starts giving yellow exclamation marks saying its unable to download apps. On every google app where you would see your profile picture ends up being a gray default user icon (like your not logged in)

Funny enough restoring TWRP data seemed to fix my issues last time. I solved it on accident by making a stock rooted backup (all apps updated from google, settings configured just no rom yet), restored that backup, wiped cache, reboot and got a screen to say "optimizing apps" when booting back up, then everything worked for me.

I tried replicating that optimizing apps screen by doing simple delvik cache , metadata, cache wipes but it wouldn't trigger it like when I restored my backup.

I'm back to stock root again doing tests to see if google will continue to act funny before flashing rom.

Last edited:

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Weird, I did a reboot to configure magisk after going back to stock and the device randomly went to the "optimizing apps screen" loaded, then rebooted on me again, "optimized apps" again, and now seems ok. will check to make sure things are stable, continue to flash rom and hope things remain stable.

dr.ketan

Just the basic Google "restore from old phone" backup when setting up firmware
Never restore data made on old firmware to new in any form, be it from twrp or cloud
Clean install - restore third party app with some tool like swift backup or something. Never ever restore any system app data from backup (usually from the Google/samsung or Samsung switch)
If issue starts just after login account then highly suggest, some settings gets restore from your cloud backup and causing issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChangeLog S10 (S908E/B/0/N)

• Based on S908EXXU2AVG6 Android12 Aug 2022 security patch OneUI 4.1
    • Probable Fix for Exynos users having Google app issue after applying essential fix
    • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (no needs to change any option manually)
    • After applying fix + Reboot device should pass safetynet. If not, Open ROM Tool - Mods & Misc Fix - and apply SafetyNet fix and reboot if needed
    • Prefixed Mobile data on Dual SIM device
    • GPay (wallet) PRE-FIXED It will get applied on Essential fix. Also you can manually apply/remove anytime from separate option available in ROM Tool - Misc Fix - Gpay Fix
    • Fixed Gear watch pairing issue
    Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

Prerequisite :

• Must have installed firmware S908*XXU2AVG6 S22 Ultra
    • Rooted device with Magisk (Zygisk) Intallled (read post #4 in case you have non rooted device)
    • We recommend to make EFS (IMEI) backup as soon you root device and keep copy to safer place (outside device)
    Warning!

We strongly recommend to make backup data before installing ROM Module, non matching verion or other factors may cause bootloop and you may needed to Factory Reset in certain circumstances. Also ROM Installer may prevent it by installing bootloop protector module but no guarantee!

ROOT & TWRP

You must have rooted S22 Ultra to use this ROM
    For Root with TWRP/Without TWRP and for How to update base firmware (Dirty/Clean) read post #4

Once you have rooted device, below is guide about how to install ROM

How to Install Dr.Ketan ROM Module (New!)

• Download app ROM Installar XDA S22 S*.apk and and Install as regular apk (* = ROM verion)
    • Uninstall any other magisk module you have installed
    • Open ROM Installaer app → Grant SU permission → Just seat and relax. It will auto download ROM and Install automatically. You can see process on screen. → Reboot device when asked.
    Benefits of ROM Instller : This method have some extra benefits over regular installation like
    • It won't process if no root access found
    • It will block installation on wrong devices
    • It will abort Installation process if MD5 doesn't match (Corrupt download) to prevent bootloop.
    • Also it will show current firmware version and available firmware version (You should not install if there is much difference in firmware base) Read prerequisite above for recommended firware)
    How to Update Dr.Ketan ROM Module (For those who are already on Dr.Ketan ROM Module older version)
    • Remove all magisk Module
    • Update new base firmware according prerequisite & Root device (read post #4 for more details)
    • Install Module as per said above "How to Install Dr.Ketan ROM Module"

Setting up device first time after Module installation

• Open ROM Tool from app drawer and Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too)
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    • Since A12 new Magisk (Zygisk) doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too) For more details and queries about new magisk ref this
    Important Note for Dual active SIM users :

After Module ROM Installation, Internet/Network may not be available, Once you apply esssential Fix from ROM Tool- it will detect it and fix on it's own. Netork/Internet will be available after reboot.

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 4.1.07 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG (disable Play store update)
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

• 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here
    • Boot splash warning removal. At presently available for Exynos (S908B) only, get it from ROM download area. Instructios packed inside.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
    Nothing to do. After installing Rom you will have hundreds of fonts pre-installed
    Google Pay Fix

I have posted GPay fix which may allow to fix GPay that recently broken.
    This hack will change device fingerprints and security patch level, This may have some side effects on device software, Use only if GPay contactless paymnt is must for you.

Download : Get from ROM Tool - Update & Fix - GPay Fix 1*.apk
    Install : Install as apk - Open - Apply Fix - Clear data of GPay - Reboot

Once you complete adding card, try removing fix and reboot and see if GPay still works. If that works then this is best way and won't have any side effects on device (after removing fix)
    Can you check after removing fix (after adding card) still GPay works
    OK Fix is deleted and he gets the update (so GPay becomes Wellet) and both cards are still there. Also no error message that I can't pay because of root or something. :)
    I am on this ROM. Maybe off topic, but how can I edit build.prop? I tried with Solid explorer and Mi explorer but no success. The file cannot be saved.
    You can't. S22 have introduced system with f2fs partition with system read only. You can't edit any system files
    S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack. HuskyDG for Bootloop Protector magisk module.

XDA devDB Information

S908 I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung specified version

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-03-12
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

ChangeLog S01

• Based on S908EXXU1AVBF Android12 March 2022 security patch OneUI 4.1
    • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (no needs to change any option manually)

Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

Prerequisite :

• Must have installed firmware S908EXXU1AVBF S22 Ultra
    • Rooted device with Magisk (Zygisk) Intallled (Follow steps belo in case you have non rooted device)
    How to Root device
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Download Root_files*.zip (available in download area) - Extract and Flash Root_Files_*.tar.md5 with Odin for AP tab
    • Reboot to recovery and select to format data (Factory reset option on stock recovery)
    • Reboot device → You will see Magisk stub in drawer → Update it. (In case stuf not there, Donload magisk app from Donload area and intall manually) → Open Magisk - It will ask to complete additionl setup, Let it do. → Reboot device. You are now ready to Intall Dr.Ketan ROM module. Move to next step.

How to Install Dr.Ketn ROM Module

• Download DrKetan_ROM_S*_module.zip and copy to device, We recommend to check MD5 to rule out faulty download
    • Uninstall any other magisk module you have installed
    • Open Magisk app → Click on Module → Select Install from storage → Select Module file you have copied to device → Complete Intallation and reboot device
    Setting up device first time after Module installation

• Open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    • Since A12 Stable Magisk not working and new Magisk doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here For more details and queries about new magisk ref this

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 4.1.0 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG (disable Play store update)
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix
    • 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Help & Support

• We do support only ROM related queries here over XDA thread only, we do not have/encourage any private support over telegram or other media to support ROM related queries.
    • We do not answer any ROM related question over private chat.
    • If your queries doesn't have enough information, it will be ignored.
    • We recommend everyone to read OP,Changelog and Installation guide before you install ROM. If answer to your queries already there in OP, Changelog post or in Installation guide, it will be ignored
    • Any queries not reated to XDA ROM (e.g. TweaksPro) then you must seek help from developer over mail/privately. Here we discuss only XDA ROM related issue.
    • For reporting issue/bugs you must provide enough info as said below under "How to report bug/issue"

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.