• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[05-15-17] Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted N910PVPS4DQC1

Search This thread

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Attention! I've just noticed some activity here. Thanks to all the members for answering questions.
I haven't had this sprint device for awhile now so I don't keep track of this thread so much. For those of you needing help with gsm support, I'll try to offer assistance, since that's how I always used this device. I'll try to post a universal gsm fix script that'll modify any CDMA rom to work with gsm! Thanks!

DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1
Now with Rom Control!
GSM ROM! (See Post 2)

First Off About Me:
First off, Let me state, I'm a full-time construction worker and also a full-time Dad. I'm not a Dev, like the peeps I learned from. So don't expect this Rom to get massive updates or often updates. I no longer have a N910P, so this might be it for me!

About ROM
Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then you are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! You have been Warned!! I am not responsible for your phone breaking or blowing up!!

This Rom is a debloated, deodexed, slightly modded Stock Rom! It is pre-rooted! And I removed a handful of non essential apps. Plus I added a handful of mods!
I really wanted to add some more useful apps and a custom aroma installer but just wanted to get this out for the people asking for it. Hope you like the debloat and included mods.

Version: 1.0
This is based on stock with some custom mods!
Fully deodexed framework and system apps
Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted
Basic Mods (Power menu, hotspot, etc)
Added a few useful apps!
Su.d support
Removed Knox
Removed ItsOn
Zip-Aligned
Slightly Modded Stock Kernel
Software Base version: N910PVPS4DQC1
Kernel Base: Official Samsung N910PVPS4DQC1

ROM Features
Mods added: CSC edits, Hotspot mod, Only Once/Always, All apps multi window, remove permanent notification, remove USB plug/unplug awake screen, removed high volume notice, added Advanced Power Menu.
Added app: YouTube adblock&background playback & AdAway!

Changelog
v1.0 - Released 05/15/2017

ADD-ON Features!
Rom Control by @ROBERT CM !

Flashing instructions:
Before you flash this rom you should be on the N910PVPS4DQC1 firmware. Specifically the bootloader and modem. (Uploading Now)
Heres QC1 firmware for anyone needing!
Full ROM - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862726726
Firmware / Modem - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72341335&postcount=16

***Before you flash this rom, please make sure your battery has at least 30% charge***

OK... Lets begin!
1. Download the rom and all the other mods you want!
2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
3. Copy the downloaded files to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card
5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Do "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I also advise deleting /Android directory from Internal storage and SD card!
6. Install the rom!
7. REBOOT!!
8. The initial boot process will take around 12 minutes. Please be patient. It WILL boot. The phone might reboot once from SuperSU.
9. Once you reach the setup wizard proceed as usual and setup your phone.
10. Once phone is setup, Now Install Rom Control!
11. You're done! Enjoy!! :D

Credits
Without the following people NONE of this would be possible. Period.
In no particular order!

@SuperR. for his awesome kitchen, @Chainfire for root and SuperSU, @iBotPeaches for apktool, @JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools, and @asc1977 & @edzamber & @tdunham for all their amazing collection of guides!
Also @tx_dbs_tx, @carlosggb, @SaintZ93, @hsbadr, @osm0sis, @freeza, @ianmb, @LMMT, @samep, and @wantedman76 for all their work that I've learned much from! And SO Many more here at XDA!
Thank You All !!

DOWNLOADS

Fixed Zip Uploaded!!!
DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1-Fixed
MD5: 617f196041c2d8c9a330d783438cf0f8

GSM Rom! See Post 2

MODS

Rom Control
See Post 3!

Contribited By: aaron74
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_HOME
Based On: Stock N910PVPS4DQC1

Created 05-15-2017

Last edited:

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
GSM ROM!

Gsm Rom:

Fyi, If your using this phone for gsm, I found its just easier and better to install a Tmobile rom. I don't believe you need a data fix with it. (Sorry it's been awhile). Never use a tmobile odin firmware though!
You can also install any other international rom but you will need a data fix and kernel!

https://mega.nz/#!t510lCoI!qqK8Wr-ttM5VJvAG8zo86KldSW7_2tMNUlxM_zQRuX8

Gsm fix patch from old rom: (Not needed for above rom! Only to flash over sprint rom in post 1)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4134974&d=1493690641

Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71301823&postcount=2

Last edited:

ROBERT CM

Sep 17, 2015
Lima
A great Dev @ROBERT CM made a Rom Control for our stock roms.
Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

Thank you, & Enjoy!

This weekend update my rom control and mods
I trying adapted more mods for n4 stock

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:

Thanks bro. I know the note 4 is dying out with devs. So it's always nice to have people keeping us alive. Take your time bro, i know how it is!

Aloupha

Feb 20, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I flashed, and this is what I came encountered:

I was not rooted, so I Odin flashed TWRP, wiped everything but SD Card (Deleted SD Card Android folder) and flashed ROM followed by Rom Control 1, then 1.1.

First thing I noticed is that the top bar (not sure of its proper name) was missing, and when I swiped down, nothing happens. So, I cannot see any type of activity (i.e. new email icons, new text messages icons, notices, etc..). With that, I could not see my battery level, time, date, etc...

Second, I did not have root. I flashed SuperSU via twrp and still did not have root.

Third, when pressing the Power button to awake the device, it takes a few seconds to turn on. At first, I thought it wasn't turning on, so I kept pressing the power button... so the phone screen would not turn on. I eventually found out that I needed to wait a few seconds after pressing it the first time.

Fourth, pressing the "Recent" app button does nothing.

At this point, I think I am going to re-flash but without ROM control to see if these problems still exist. I'll report back.

Reactions: aaron74

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I flashed, and this is what I came encountered:

I was not rooted, so I Odin flashed TWRP, wiped everything but SD Card (Deleted SD Card Android folder) and flashed ROM followed by Rom Control 1, then 1.1.

First thing I noticed is that the top bar (not sure of its proper name) was missing, and when I swiped down, nothing happens. So, I cannot see any type of activity (i.e. new email icons, new text messages icons, notices, etc..). With that, I could not see my battery level, time, date, etc...

Second, I did not have root. I flashed SuperSU via twrp and still did not have root.

Third, when pressing the Power button to awake the device, it takes a few seconds to turn on. At first, I thought it wasn't turning on, so I kept pressing the power button... so the phone screen would not turn on. I eventually found out that I needed to wait a few seconds after pressing it the first time.

Fourth, pressing the "Recent" app button does nothing.

At this point, I think I am going to re-flash but without ROM control to see if these problems still exist. I'll report back.
Yes, i had that problem with Rom Control once but it was on a N7 port rom.
When i last tested this rom control with stock. It worked but i also already had the rom up and running. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks for reporting. Please let me know how just my rom works without it.

Aloupha

Feb 20, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Yes, i had that problem with Rom Control once but it was on a N7 port rom.
When i last tested this rom control with stock. It worked but i also already had the rom up and running. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks for reporting. Please let me know how just my rom works without it.
I just re-flashed. Other than root, all the other issues are gone.

Reactions: aaron74

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

You have no root?
I'll have to pull file and check. I must have rushed.
Thanks for letting me know.

Also check the SU Hide app? Maybe that's messing it up. I've never used it before but included it, as some are interested in it.

Last edited:

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
@aaron74 can you please provide ODIN files for only modem and bootloader
My internet connection is slow here
Thank you

Warning!! I am not Responsible for Brick!!!!
This is the first time I made a firmware and modem package!! Maybe someone can verify my commands below, before trying to Flash!!

Without going in detail, Heres my commands, If anyone wants to verify anything wrong!!

tar -H ustar -c modem.bin NON-HLOS.bin > modem.tar
tar -H ustar -c aboot.mbn sbl1.mbn sdi.mbn tz.mbn rpm.mbn > firmware.tar
md5sum -t my-file.tar >> my-file.tar
mv my-file.tar my-file.tar.md5

But Here you GO! For all who are UnAfraid!!

N910P-QC1-Firmware

N910P-QC1-Modem

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

For anyone reading this,

I just verified results, Yes we must not flash rom and rom control at same time. Or no status bar.
Flash Rom, reboot, setup. Then flash Rom control.
All good! Reboot will take a bit, dalvik gets cleared.

reekotubbs

Nov 17, 2008
Warning!! I am not Responsible for Brick!!!!
This is the first time I made a firmware and modem package!! Maybe someone can verify my commands below, before trying to Flash!!

Without going in detail, Heres my commands, If anyone wants to verify anything wrong!!

tar -H ustar -c modem.bin NON-HLOS.bin > modem.tar
tar -H ustar -c aboot.mbn sbl1.mbn sdi.mbn tz.mbn rpm.mbn > firmware.tar
md5sum -t my-file.tar >> my-file.tar
mv my-file.tar my-file.tar.md5

But Here you GO! For all who are UnAfraid!!

N910P-QC1-Firmware

N910P-QC1-Modem

Which download is bootloader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention! I've just noticed some activity here. Thanks to all the members for answering questions.
    I haven't had this sprint device for awhile now so I don't keep track of this thread so much. For those of you needing help with gsm support, I'll try to offer assistance, since that's how I always used this device. I'll try to post a universal gsm fix script that'll modify any CDMA rom to work with gsm! Thanks!

DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1
    Now with Rom Control!
    GSM ROM! (See Post 2)

First Off About Me:
    First off, Let me state, I'm a full-time construction worker and also a full-time Dad. I'm not a Dev, like the peeps I learned from. So don't expect this Rom to get massive updates or often updates. I no longer have a N910P, so this might be it for me!

About ROM
    Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then you are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! You have been Warned!! I am not responsible for your phone breaking or blowing up!!

This Rom is a debloated, deodexed, slightly modded Stock Rom! It is pre-rooted! And I removed a handful of non essential apps. Plus I added a handful of mods!
    I really wanted to add some more useful apps and a custom aroma installer but just wanted to get this out for the people asking for it. Hope you like the debloat and included mods.

Version: 1.0
    This is based on stock with some custom mods!
    Fully deodexed framework and system apps
    Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted
    Basic Mods (Power menu, hotspot, etc)
    Added a few useful apps!
    Su.d support
    Removed Knox
    Removed ItsOn
    Zip-Aligned
    Slightly Modded Stock Kernel
    Software Base version: N910PVPS4DQC1
    Kernel Base: Official Samsung N910PVPS4DQC1

ROM Features
    Mods added: CSC edits, Hotspot mod, Only Once/Always, All apps multi window, remove permanent notification, remove USB plug/unplug awake screen, removed high volume notice, added Advanced Power Menu.
    Added app: YouTube adblock&background playback & AdAway!

Changelog
    v1.0 - Released 05/15/2017

ADD-ON Features!
    Rom Control by @ROBERT CM !

Flashing instructions:
    Before you flash this rom you should be on the N910PVPS4DQC1 firmware. Specifically the bootloader and modem. (Uploading Now)
    Heres QC1 firmware for anyone needing!
    Full ROM - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862726726
    Firmware / Modem - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72341335&postcount=16

***Before you flash this rom, please make sure your battery has at least 30% charge***

OK... Lets begin!
    1. Download the rom and all the other mods you want!
    2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
    3. Copy the downloaded files to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
    4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card
    5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Do "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I also advise deleting /Android directory from Internal storage and SD card!
    6. Install the rom!
    7. REBOOT!!
    8. The initial boot process will take around 12 minutes. Please be patient. It WILL boot. The phone might reboot once from SuperSU.
    9. Once you reach the setup wizard proceed as usual and setup your phone.
    10. Once phone is setup, Now Install Rom Control!
    11. You're done! Enjoy!! :D

Credits
    Without the following people NONE of this would be possible. Period.
    In no particular order!

@SuperR. for his awesome kitchen, @Chainfire for root and SuperSU, @iBotPeaches for apktool, @JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools, and @asc1977 & @edzamber & @tdunham for all their amazing collection of guides!
    Also @tx_dbs_tx, @carlosggb, @SaintZ93, @hsbadr, @osm0sis, @freeza, @ianmb, @LMMT, @samep, and @wantedman76 for all their work that I've learned much from! And SO Many more here at XDA!
    Thank You All !!

DOWNLOADS

Fixed Zip Uploaded!!!
    DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1-Fixed
    MD5: 617f196041c2d8c9a330d783438cf0f8

GSM Rom! See Post 2

MODS

Rom Control
    See Post 3!

Contribited By: aaron74
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_HOME
    Based On: Stock N910PVPS4DQC1

Created 05-15-2017
    Rom control!

Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

You must Download both zips and flash consecutively.

Setup Rom first!, before flashing!

Thank you, & Enjoy!
    Thanks. So what is the best method for using this thread's ROM while also having the latest Android Security Patches all the while not having to reinstall everything from scratch?

Not possible. Samsung security patch updates patch the existing software using special scripts in the update zip. These scripts run and they rebuild and/or overwrite the original system files on your device. There isn't any way to know if or what framework files get patched without actually opening up the update zip and decompiling files manually and doing a comparison of the smali, etc., which I have done several times with updates. Almost always there is new and/or changed smali classes in framework files, especially services.jar. So the only way to keep current with the security patches AND use any custom touchWiz ROM is to rebuild the rom using the updated system files. Depending on the ROM's customizations, this could be easy or it could be a lot of work. Rebasing a TouchWiz ROM and reapplying mods, etc isn't too bad for a device's native software but it still takes time. But in all honesty, unless there's a really dangerous security risk found, the patches aren't that big a deal for the most part. I have also noticed that security update patches can also contain updated system apps not just framework and libraries. If this ROM is mostly stock then just Odin the stock rom and then take the latest update then root then debloat yourself.

Here's his Main Thread!

Thank you, & Enjoy!

Thanks bro. I know the note 4 is dying out with devs. So it's always nice to have people keeping us alive. Take your time bro, i know how it is!