• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[05-15-17] Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted N910PVPS4DQC1

Search This thread

cglinks

Dec 10, 2011
First of all thanks for providing this firmware.

I'm having trouble with the GSM Data Fix, every time I apply it when the phone reboots I get a few errors. First error is the com.android.phone process constantly crashing and the second error is the IMS Service constantly crashing.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: aaron74

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

I'm having trouble with the GSM Data Fix, every time I apply it when the phone reboots I get a few errors. First error is the com.android.phone process constantly crashing and the second error is the IMS Service constantly crashing.

Thanks in advance.

I will fix. I was trying something new. But didn't work and forgot to take files out.

Reactions: tommy_2q

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for that. I fixed. Reflash Rom and fix.

Ps. If you use Gsm. I might release a stock rom here that I started using on my phone. It's just a Tmobile rom, edited a little, to remove some Tmobile stuff. Works great!

cglinks

Dec 10, 2011
Sorry for that. I fixed. Reflash Rom and fix.

Ps. If you use Gsm. I might release a stock rom here that I started using on my phone. It's just a Tmobile rom, edited a little, to remove some Tmobile stuff. Works great!

No need to apologise. I've tried the new version but unfortunately the Contacts app crashes every time you try to launch Contacts or Phone. Otherwise it's working great. If you could provide the GSM stock ROM that would be brilliant as I'm only using GSM/LTE on the phone and not CDMA.

Thanks.

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
dantes inferno
Screenshot_2017-05-26-16-23-38.pngAnyone know why that text is there? And no emergency mode is off. Clean install firmware modem full wipe. I have that. With rom control. Also does anyone know of a xposed module to change color of the toggles. Rom control doesn't do it?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
View attachment 4162379Anyone know why that text is there? And no emergency mode is off. Clean install firmware modem full wipe. I have that. With rom control. Also does anyone know of a xposed module to change color of the toggles. Rom control doesn't do it?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sorry but i have no idea why that states that. That's odd.

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Under Flashing Instructions, there's an android host link that links to a hefty tar file, (N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_HOME.tar.md5). That's what he's referring to.

P.S, it's actually ~3.8GB.

Oh ok, I see. That's the stock Rom firmware, in case you need to update your phone.
That's if you need to update your phone with Odin, to get on QC1 bootloader and modem. Plus i also provided just the bootloader and modem files, if you wish to do it that way.
But besides that, my Rom is the zip file listed down in the download section.

Last edited:

joshk1025

Oct 31, 2010
When I try to flash this with TWRP, I get the error "symlink: some symlinks failed. Update process ended with ERROR: 7"

I flashed the complete stock rom first to make sure things were properly prepared (coming from lineageOS 14). Any ideas what the problem could be? I saw that it may be in the cache being mounted by TWRP, so I unchecked the cache mount.

Biodebacle

Jan 12, 2016
Fort Collins
ROM Features
Mods added: CSC edits, Hotspot mod, Only Once/Always, All apps multi window, remove permanent notification, remove USB plug/unplug awake screen, removed high volume notice, added Advanced Power Menu.
I don't have a hotspot button? Any suggestions?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
ROM Features
Mods added: CSC edits, Hotspot mod, Only Once/Always, All apps multi window, remove permanent notification, remove USB plug/unplug awake screen, removed high volume notice, added Advanced Power Menu.
I don't have a hotspot button? Any suggestions?

Xposed framework installed?

Also, @ anyone running stock Note 4 rooted, can you check your /system/lib/modules folder for this file, please?
: /system/lib/modules/modules.dep.bb

You can also check for /system/csc/feature.xml or features.xml. If you're using Xposed and a Xposed module like XTouch or Firefds, that may be why you lose the hotspot toggle and hotspot in Settings. Causes a known csc conflict on Note 4.

I may have a boot script for you to solve some problematic files if both apply. Or if even only the module applies, could be useful to automatically avoid issues with loss of hotspot and slow screen wake for unlock.

I confirmed XTouch uses feature.xml but didn't confirm what Firefds uses. Lollipop used features.xml, IIRC. So feedback from multiple users would helpful. I made the script for UN7 port in this forum. But maybe it's useful for stock too?

For those not being my feedback and wanting to experiment at own risk, the original script is here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634775626

I've been using it on UN7 with XTouch without issue and less problematic with faster screen unlock. Reboots take of the issues so far, for my testing.

Edit: the download is not a recovery flashable zip but script is zipped along with a ReadMe.txt file open as text to follow install instructions. Text includes a brief description of use intent as well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Biodebacle

Jan 12, 2016
Fort Collins
firefds

Xposed framework installed?

Also, @ anyone running stock Note 4 rooted, can you check your /system/lib/modules folder for this file, please?
: /system/lib/modules/modules.dep.bb

You can also check for /system/csc/feature.xml or features.xml. If you're using Xposed and a Xposed module like XTouch or Firefds, that may be why you lose the hotspot toggle and hotspot in Settings. Causes a known csc conflict on Note 4.

Yeah i sure it was firefds that caused the hotspot to disappear, i didnt have either of those in my system files so i just wiped it and reinstalled this rom and it was back on there. the only reason i used firefds is cause it was the only thing that i found that would remove the carrier (sprint) from the top, anyone have another solution to that works with this rom? I like to use xposed hence the deodexed rom ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention! I've just noticed some activity here. Thanks to all the members for answering questions.
    I haven't had this sprint device for awhile now so I don't keep track of this thread so much. For those of you needing help with gsm support, I'll try to offer assistance, since that's how I always used this device. I'll try to post a universal gsm fix script that'll modify any CDMA rom to work with gsm! Thanks!

DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1
    Now with Rom Control!
    GSM ROM! (See Post 2)

First Off About Me:
    First off, Let me state, I'm a full-time construction worker and also a full-time Dad. I'm not a Dev, like the peeps I learned from. So don't expect this Rom to get massive updates or often updates. I no longer have a N910P, so this might be it for me!

About ROM
    Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then you are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! You have been Warned!! I am not responsible for your phone breaking or blowing up!!

This Rom is a debloated, deodexed, slightly modded Stock Rom! It is pre-rooted! And I removed a handful of non essential apps. Plus I added a handful of mods!
    I really wanted to add some more useful apps and a custom aroma installer but just wanted to get this out for the people asking for it. Hope you like the debloat and included mods.

Version: 1.0
    This is based on stock with some custom mods!
    Fully deodexed framework and system apps
    Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted
    Basic Mods (Power menu, hotspot, etc)
    Added a few useful apps!
    Su.d support
    Removed Knox
    Removed ItsOn
    Zip-Aligned
    Slightly Modded Stock Kernel
    Software Base version: N910PVPS4DQC1
    Kernel Base: Official Samsung N910PVPS4DQC1

ROM Features
    Added app: YouTube adblock&background playback & AdAway!

Changelog
    v1.0 - Released 05/15/2017

ADD-ON Features!
    Rom Control by @ROBERT CM !

Flashing instructions:
    Before you flash this rom you should be on the N910PVPS4DQC1 firmware. Specifically the bootloader and modem. (Uploading Now)
    Heres QC1 firmware for anyone needing!
    Full ROM - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862726726
    Firmware / Modem - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72341335&postcount=16

***Before you flash this rom, please make sure your battery has at least 30% charge***

OK... Lets begin!
    1. Download the rom and all the other mods you want!
    2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
    3. Copy the downloaded files to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
    4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card
    5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Do "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I also advise deleting /Android directory from Internal storage and SD card!
    6. Install the rom!
    7. REBOOT!!
    8. The initial boot process will take around 12 minutes. Please be patient. It WILL boot. The phone might reboot once from SuperSU.
    9. Once you reach the setup wizard proceed as usual and setup your phone.
    10. Once phone is setup, Now Install Rom Control!
    11. You're done! Enjoy!! :D

Credits
    Without the following people NONE of this would be possible. Period.
    In no particular order!

@SuperR. for his awesome kitchen, @Chainfire for root and SuperSU, @iBotPeaches for apktool, @JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools, and @asc1977 & @edzamber & @tdunham for all their amazing collection of guides!
    Also @tx_dbs_tx, @carlosggb, @SaintZ93, @hsbadr, @osm0sis, @freeza, @ianmb, @LMMT, @samep, and @wantedman76 for all their work that I've learned much from! And SO Many more here at XDA!
    Thank You All !!

DOWNLOADS

Fixed Zip Uploaded!!!
    DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1-Fixed
    MD5: 617f196041c2d8c9a330d783438cf0f8

GSM Rom! See Post 2

MODS

Rom Control
    See Post 3!

Contribited By: aaron74
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_HOME
    Based On: Stock N910PVPS4DQC1

Created 05-15-2017
    Rom control!

A great Dev @ROBERT CM made a Rom Control for our stock roms.
    Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

You must Download both zips and flash consecutively.

Setup Rom first!, before flashing!

Thank you, & Enjoy!
    Thanks. So what is the best method for using this thread's ROM while also having the latest Android Security Patches all the while not having to reinstall everything from scratch?

Not possible. Samsung security patch updates patch the existing software using special scripts in the update zip. These scripts run and they rebuild and/or overwrite the original system files on your device. There isn't any way to know if or what framework files get patched without actually opening up the update zip and decompiling files manually and doing a comparison of the smali, etc., which I have done several times with updates. Almost always there is new and/or changed smali classes in framework files, especially services.jar. So the only way to keep current with the security patches AND use any custom touchWiz ROM is to rebuild the rom using the updated system files. Depending on the ROM's customizations, this could be easy or it could be a lot of work. Rebasing a TouchWiz ROM and reapplying mods, etc isn't too bad for a device's native software but it still takes time. But in all honesty, unless there's a really dangerous security risk found, the patches aren't that big a deal for the most part. I have also noticed that security update patches can also contain updated system apps not just framework and libraries. If this ROM is mostly stock then just Odin the stock rom and then take the latest update then root then debloat yourself.
    A great Dev @ROBERT CM made a Rom Control for our stock roms.
    Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

Thank you, & Enjoy!

This weekend update my rom control and mods
    I trying adapted more mods for n4 stock

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:
    This weekend update my rom control and mods
    I trying adapted more mods for n4 stock

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:

Thanks bro. I know the note 4 is dying out with devs. So it's always nice to have people keeping us alive. Take your time bro, i know how it is!