• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[05-15-17] Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted N910PVPS4DQC1

Search This thread

gdecker

In near future, I'll try to bring newer stock rom here! Too busy right now.
Please I hope you don't think that this was any kind of a critic. This release is (was) a very good and stable ROM to build on. My point is that those that wonder if they have later stock releases if this will work and I say absolutely, what are you waiting for? Nothing ventured no air medals.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: aaron74

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Please I hope you don't think that this was any kind of a critic. This release is (was) a very good and stable ROM to build on. My point is that those that wonder if they have later stock releases if this will work and I say absolutely, what are you waiting for? Nothing ventured no air medals.

Yes, I understand. Thank you!

I know most people like the port roms, but I made these for people wanting stock base. Also I'm very beginning into dev learning, and these stock roms are easy to make.

My roms will never be as customised as my mentors and masters like @carlosggb and others. But I'd like to kick it up a notch, and maybe add little more customs and possibly my own Rom Control.

Who knows, time will tell. Right now, I'm just glad and lucky that I can keep working with this device. See attached pic and you'll understand! :crying:

Thanks for your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_20170728_195639.jpg
    IMG_20170728_195639.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: tommy_2q

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago

I know most people like the port roms, but I made these for people wanting stock base. Also I'm very beginning into dev learning, and these stock roms are easy to make.

My roms will never be as customised as my mentors and masters like @carlosggb and others. But I'd like to kick it up a notch, and maybe add little more customs and possibly my own Rom Control.

Who knows, time will tell. Right now, I'm just glad and lucky that I can keep working with this device. See attached pic and you'll understand! :crying:

Omg bro! What happened? I feel bad for you, pm me so i can sent you my emmc burned one so you use the chasis of mine with the heart and soul of yours :silly:
The phone is in perfect conditions except for the motherboard of course

gdecker

Ouch! I want to hit the "like" button that you shared your anguish. But I just can't. Hope you get it fixed.

Reactions: aaron74

Mr McGibblets

May 13, 2014
San Diego
How do I get to QG1?

How do I get to QG1?

I installed the stock ROM, firmware (bootloader), and modem as well as performed a factory reset. Every time I tap "Download updates manually" from the "About Device" menu, I get "Processing failed". :mad:

Thanks!

gdecker

How do I get to QG1?

I installed the stock ROM, firmware (bootloader), and modem as well as performed a factory reset. Every time I tap "Download updates manually" from the "About Device" menu, I get "Processing failed". :mad:

Thanks!
Try downloading the latest qf1 ROM from sammobile. I did this and was able to the get qg1 update. Then continue with the OP.

Mr McGibblets

May 13, 2014
San Diego
Try downloading the latest qf1 ROM from sammobile. I did this and was able to the get qg1 update. Then continue with the OP.

Thank you!

Was on QC1 + DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1 ROM. I had already installed and configured all my apps, etc. using Titanium Backup.

• First thing I did was reboot into TWRP Recovery to back up all partitions to external microSD Card.
  • Downloaded stock QF1 ROM from: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120751646
  • Installed it from my PC to my phone using Odin (v3.12.4_4).
  • Once booted, ran Settings > System Update > Download Updates Manually which forced OTA updates to QG1.
  • Used Odin to install TWRP Recovery 3.0.2.0.
  • Rebooted to TWRP custom recovery. Did "Advanced Wipe" options and wiped Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I did NOT delete the "/Android" directory from Internal storage or SD card!
  • Install the DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1 ROM again.
  • Rebooted.
  • The initial boot process took around 12 minutes. (The phone did reboot once from SuperSU.)
  • Reached the setup wizard and I proceeded as usual and setup my phone.
  • Once phone was setup, confirmed Software Version and Baseband are both "QG1" while Build is still at "QC1".
  • Rebooted into TWRP. Restored all partitions except "Boot" and "Recovery".
  • Rebooted.
  • After a few minutes of the "SAMSUNG" logo pulsing on & off, my phone booted fine.
  • Made a phone call and sent a text. Both fine. Google Play working. Updating apps just fine. GMail receiving new messages, no problem. SuperSu is fine. Root is still there. All looking good!
  • "About Device" still shows Software and Baseband at "QG1" with Build at "QC1".
All of this took a few hours, but I think it was worth it. :highfive:

Last edited:

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Thank you!

Was on QC1 + DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1 ROM. I had already installed and configured all my apps, etc. using Titanium Backup.

• First thing I did was reboot into TWRP Recovery to back up all partitions to external microSD Card.
  • Downloaded stock QF1 ROM from: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120751646
  • Installed it from my PC to my phone using Odin (v3.12.4_4).
  • Once booted, ran Settings > System Update > Download Updates Manually which forced OTA updates to QG1.
  • Used Odin to install TWRP Recovery 3.0.2.0.
  • Rebooted to TWRP custom recovery. Did "Advanced Wipe" options and wiped Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I did NOT delete the "/Android" directory from Internal storage or SD card!
  • Install the DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1 ROM again.
  • Rebooted.
  • The initial boot process took around 12 minutes. (The phone did reboot once from SuperSU.)
  • Reached the setup wizard and I proceeded as usual and setup my phone.
  • Once phone was setup, confirmed Software Version and Baseband are both "QG1" while Build is still at "QC1".
  • Rebooted into TWRP. Restored all partitions except "Boot" and "Recovery".
  • Rebooted.
  • After a few minutes of the "SAMSUNG" logo pulsing on & off, my phone booted fine.
  • Made a phone call and sent a text. Both fine. Google Play working. Updating apps just fine. GMail receiving new messages, no problem. SuperSu is fine. Root is still there. All looking good!
  • "About Device" still shows Software and Baseband at "QG1" with Build at "QC1".
All of this took a few hours, but I think it was worth it. :highfive:
Keep in mind that basically all you did was upgrade the bootloader and baseband modem.

Services may get rebuilt along with the above for compatibility in their original stock tar but you're in effect keeping modified system including modified services.jar and other aspects of this ROM, expecting it to remain fully compatible with your updated firmware. Potentially, this may make subtle or drastic changes regarding compatibility. You could break some services or induce unexpected subtleties that don't just jump right out at you initially.

Usually the baseband modem is OK to upgrade but the bootloader- I think- is concerning. Not saying you DID make undesirable changes affecting compatibility but keep in mind @tx_dbs_tx has reported on past updates that changes frequently occur in incremental updates that effect services.jar compatibility (some were updating full stock tar and substituting modified services.jar for original but he found reasons to suggest waiting for modified services.jar to be available was warranted). Services may be changed, removed or added. Maybe you don't use those services and maybe they don't impact the battery or cause overheating but I think it's safer to use the recommended bootloader and possibly the baseband IF you discover issues. The ROM or developer shouldn't be expected to support these incompatibilities, if found. But the OP has the needed bootloader and baseband, if needed.

Besides, all that flashing and booting puts an unnecessary stress on the eMMC and may ultimately prove unfruitful or redundant. I'd suggest: if you plan to keep the ROM you're running, use the recommended bootloader and baseband for that duration. And replace your battery regularly to ensure you're taking best care of your eMMC.

Also, rather than flashing ROM and then restoring partitions, you could just restore the TWRP backup. That would retain your system changes (system mods) and restore user data. It's good to make recent TWRP backups but keep the stock tar TWRP backups; you make these after tar flash in Odin and flashing TWRP in Odin. These backups could save you time and effort and you never know when that could come in handy; they're a quick baseline test or restore but usually asking yourself what apps have updated or changes did I make helps narrow potential issues without baseline troubleshooting.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Thanks. So what is the best method for using this thread's ROM while also having the latest Android Security Patches all the while not having to reinstall everything from scratch?

Not possible. Samsung security patch updates patch the existing software using special scripts in the update zip. These scripts run and they rebuild and/or overwrite the original system files on your device. There isn't any way to know if or what framework files get patched without actually opening up the update zip and decompiling files manually and doing a comparison of the smali, etc., which I have done several times with updates. Almost always there is new and/or changed smali classes in framework files, especially services.jar. So the only way to keep current with the security patches AND use any custom touchWiz ROM is to rebuild the rom using the updated system files. Depending on the ROM's customizations, this could be easy or it could be a lot of work. Rebasing a TouchWiz ROM and reapplying mods, etc isn't too bad for a device's native software but it still takes time. But in all honesty, unless there's a really dangerous security risk found, the patches aren't that big a deal for the most part. I have also noticed that security update patches can also contain updated system apps not just framework and libraries. If this ROM is mostly stock then just Odin the stock rom and then take the latest update then root then debloat yourself.

meBn360

Feb 21, 2018
Will this work

Thanks in advance i appreciate your time.
Noon trying to update to nougat and messed phone up

Will this work on sprint note 4 n910pvpu5dqi5?

My sprint phone was unlocked working on cricket network i accidentally did something and now it is saying invalid sim when I try to use it. Please help thank you.

Chimmot407

Apr 4, 2018
I just bought SM-N910P unlocked version. Running 5.1.1 lollipop. 4G LTE works great in my country (Indonesia).

When i installed Xposed framework, it bootloops. So i flash odin with QI5 firmware (6.0.1 marshmallow). NOW, there's no 3G/4G LTE signal at all.

Will this deodexed rom + gsm fix can bring back 4G LTE Telkomsel (Indonesia) ?

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Thanks in advance i appreciate your time.
Noon trying to update to nougat and messed phone up

Will this work on sprint note 4 n910pvpu5dqi5?

My sprint phone was unlocked working on cricket network i accidentally did something and now it is saying invalid sim when I try to use it. Please help thank you.

The unlock is in your efs partition. So whatever you did most likely corrupted it. Do you have a backup of your efs? Restoring your efs should restore your unlock. But just installing this ROM will not.

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I just bought SM-N910P unlocked version. Running 5.1.1 lollipop. 4G LTE works great in my country (Indonesia).

When i installed Xposed framework, it bootloops. So i flash odin with QI5 firmware (6.0.1 marshmallow). NOW, there's no 3G/4G LTE signal at all.

Will this deodexed rom + gsm fix can bring back 4G LTE Telkomsel (Indonesia) ?

I'm not aware of the LTE bands in your country but I do know this device unlocked for gsm doesn't support LTE in USA. But depending on which rom you run it'll still show the LTE icon but it really is just 4G hspa+.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention! I've just noticed some activity here. Thanks to all the members for answering questions.
    I haven't had this sprint device for awhile now so I don't keep track of this thread so much. For those of you needing help with gsm support, I'll try to offer assistance, since that's how I always used this device. I'll try to post a universal gsm fix script that'll modify any CDMA rom to work with gsm! Thanks!

DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1
    Now with Rom Control!
    GSM ROM! (See Post 2)

First Off About Me:
    First off, Let me state, I'm a full-time construction worker and also a full-time Dad. I'm not a Dev, like the peeps I learned from. So don't expect this Rom to get massive updates or often updates. I no longer have a N910P, so this might be it for me!

About ROM
    Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then you are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! You have been Warned!! I am not responsible for your phone breaking or blowing up!!

This Rom is a debloated, deodexed, slightly modded Stock Rom! It is pre-rooted! And I removed a handful of non essential apps. Plus I added a handful of mods!
    I really wanted to add some more useful apps and a custom aroma installer but just wanted to get this out for the people asking for it. Hope you like the debloat and included mods.

Version: 1.0
    This is based on stock with some custom mods!
    Fully deodexed framework and system apps
    Debloated-Deodexed-Rooted
    Basic Mods (Power menu, hotspot, etc)
    Added a few useful apps!
    Su.d support
    Removed Knox
    Removed ItsOn
    Zip-Aligned
    Slightly Modded Stock Kernel
    Software Base version: N910PVPS4DQC1
    Kernel Base: Official Samsung N910PVPS4DQC1

ROM Features
    Mods added: CSC edits, Hotspot mod, Only Once/Always, All apps multi window, remove permanent notification, remove USB plug/unplug awake screen, removed high volume notice, added Advanced Power Menu.
    Added app: YouTube adblock&background playback & AdAway!

Changelog
    v1.0 - Released 05/15/2017

ADD-ON Features!
    Rom Control by @ROBERT CM !

Flashing instructions:
    Before you flash this rom you should be on the N910PVPS4DQC1 firmware. Specifically the bootloader and modem. (Uploading Now)
    Heres QC1 firmware for anyone needing!
    Full ROM - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862726726
    Firmware / Modem - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72341335&postcount=16

***Before you flash this rom, please make sure your battery has at least 30% charge***

OK... Lets begin!
    1. Download the rom and all the other mods you want!
    2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
    3. Copy the downloaded files to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
    4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card
    5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Do "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvick-Cache, System, Data, and Cache. I also advise deleting /Android directory from Internal storage and SD card!
    6. Install the rom!
    7. REBOOT!!
    8. The initial boot process will take around 12 minutes. Please be patient. It WILL boot. The phone might reboot once from SuperSU.
    9. Once you reach the setup wizard proceed as usual and setup your phone.
    10. Once phone is setup, Now Install Rom Control!
    11. You're done! Enjoy!! :D

Credits
    Without the following people NONE of this would be possible. Period.
    In no particular order!

@SuperR. for his awesome kitchen, @Chainfire for root and SuperSU, @iBotPeaches for apktool, @JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools, and @asc1977 & @edzamber & @tdunham for all their amazing collection of guides!
    Also @tx_dbs_tx, @carlosggb, @SaintZ93, @hsbadr, @osm0sis, @freeza, @ianmb, @LMMT, @samep, and @wantedman76 for all their work that I've learned much from! And SO Many more here at XDA!
    Thank You All !!

DOWNLOADS

Fixed Zip Uploaded!!!
    DeBloated, DeOdexed N910PVPS4DQC1-Fixed
    MD5: 617f196041c2d8c9a330d783438cf0f8

GSM Rom! See Post 2

MODS

Rom Control
    See Post 3!

Contribited By: aaron74
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_HOME
    Based On: Stock N910PVPS4DQC1

Created 05-15-2017
    Rom control!

A great Dev @ROBERT CM made a Rom Control for our stock roms.
    Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

You must Download both zips and flash consecutively.

Setup Rom first!, before flashing!

Thank you, & Enjoy!
    Thanks. So what is the best method for using this thread's ROM while also having the latest Android Security Patches all the while not having to reinstall everything from scratch?

Not possible. Samsung security patch updates patch the existing software using special scripts in the update zip. These scripts run and they rebuild and/or overwrite the original system files on your device. There isn't any way to know if or what framework files get patched without actually opening up the update zip and decompiling files manually and doing a comparison of the smali, etc., which I have done several times with updates. Almost always there is new and/or changed smali classes in framework files, especially services.jar. So the only way to keep current with the security patches AND use any custom touchWiz ROM is to rebuild the rom using the updated system files. Depending on the ROM's customizations, this could be easy or it could be a lot of work. Rebasing a TouchWiz ROM and reapplying mods, etc isn't too bad for a device's native software but it still takes time. But in all honesty, unless there's a really dangerous security risk found, the patches aren't that big a deal for the most part. I have also noticed that security update patches can also contain updated system apps not just framework and libraries. If this ROM is mostly stock then just Odin the stock rom and then take the latest update then root then debloat yourself.
    A great Dev @ROBERT CM made a Rom Control for our stock roms.
    Goto his Thread below to Download and don't forget to Thank him and leave him a reply!

Here's his Main Thread!

Thank you, & Enjoy!

This weekend update my rom control and mods
    I trying adapted more mods for n4 stock

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:
    This weekend update my rom control and mods
    I trying adapted more mods for n4 stock

This motivate me a development and keep it up and I know what more more persons and devs enjoy of this mod :laugh:

Thanks bro. I know the note 4 is dying out with devs. So it's always nice to have people keeping us alive. Take your time bro, i know how it is!