• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[05-JAN][FIX] GPS on Gingerbread :)

Search This thread

zippoz76

Aug 15, 2010
GPS screen off disconnected

I have serched everywere but whitout answer.
GPS fix fastly an work perfectly till I screen off. When I turn on again screen GPS isn't fix and icon is blinking. Wait any seconds and gps fix again but for example if I am using MY TRAK in that time not record position. I have tried also to install again WM and then android again, change radio and everything in my mind but still have problem.

Please help me.

I can't use GPS apps with screen off.
Excuseme my bad english.

Regards

I am using mdj 2.6 but 2.4 with fix have same problem

Last edited:

liamski

Jun 18, 2006
LONDON
Running MDJ 2.5, never got a GPS fix, causing much frustration. Installed GPS FIX from the Marketplace, let it run for a few minutes. Since then I get a strong fix EVERY time within 10 seconds....

Spacegoogie

Nov 11, 2010
Seattle
Running MDJ 2.5, never got a GPS fix, causing much frustration. Installed GPS FIX from the Marketplace, let it run for a few minutes. Since then I get a strong fix EVERY time within 10 seconds....
Thanks for the info, I did try and I do get a good fix but as soon as I use gps I lose the signal and if the signal sticks it does not update making gps on GB worthless.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Boxxerace

Aug 5, 2010
Is there an alternative to root explorer? Market wont let me buy the app.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Yes there is. Use the *free* Android Mate app that's in the market. It's easy, compatible with root access on the HD2 and it took me one minute or less to do this fix.

Note: Use the check mark next to the folder to access copy and paste functions (and others). Copy one file at a time as described by others into the root of the phone (not the SD card). I think I had to enable root and a checkbox that popped up under superuser settings, but then I could gain access to root by clicking the little curled green arrow in the Android Mate app.

Just copied, the files apparently were never there and the GPS works Fantastic, even just shoved up between the window and blinds. Found my location within about five feet in 30 seconds, no other editing.

Thank you for the fix!

Spacegoogie

Nov 11, 2010
Seattle
For those that are having GPS issues and nothing else seems to work try this. It worked for me!
After all the stuff I tried and nothing else worked this did:

You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (EX9,EX10 etc.) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

Phew!
5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 from your sd-card
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness

Hope this helps, Please let us know if this worked for you. :D
Note: I did not write this. Just helping to spread the good stuff.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
For those who use ClockworkMod Recovery, i made a CWM zip file from the normal zip.
It copys the files with the right filenames and change the permissions to sufficiant ones.

Please be aware, that i am not responsible for an damage on your phone, but for me this fix and this package works awsome! :D

Thanks Diem!

I installed the fix on Coredroid v1.1 and phone doesn't start after that...its stuck on the green android logo :eek: ... Is there any way to undo it? or do I have to install the ROM again :confused:

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
MDJ's is great! I ran it for over a week with no problems. I needed wifi hot spot for a business trip I'm about to go on so I just flashed CMYLXGO's Desire HD nand.

awesome news! just flashed and configured cm 6.1, but since i have a problem with calls (sometimes it doesn't ring and opposite is forwarded to mailbox) i will now try mdj's gingerbread nand...

thx gauner :)

zippoz76

Aug 15, 2010
I have serched everywere but whitout answer.
GPS fix fastly an work perfectly till I screen off. When I turn on again screen GPS isn't fix and icon is blinking. Wait any seconds and gps fix again but for example if I am using MY TRAK in that time not record position. I have tried also to install again WM and then android again, change radio and everything in my mind but still have problem.

Please help me.

I can't use GPS apps with screen off.
Excuseme my bad english.

Regards

I am using mdj 2.6 but 2.4 with fix have same problem

UP UP

Anybody can help me please.

Thank you

Synoptex

Nov 8, 2010
Riga
816-club.net
Here is a GPS conf that should enable assisted gps and might be worth trying?

Originally by: crunchie-uk
Code:
NTP_SERVER=xtra1.gpsonextra.net
XTRA_SERVER_1=hxxp://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=hxxp://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=hxxp://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info
#               4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose
DEBUG_LEVEL = 5

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable
INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions 
# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions
ACCURACY_THRES=2500

################################
##### AGPS server settings #####

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following
# SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP
# SUPL_PORT=1234
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following
# C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP
# C2K_PORT=1234

# EXTRA SETTINGS

# Wiper (wifi positioning), 1=enable, 0=disable
ENABLE_WIPER=1

#################################
##### AGPS Carrier settings #####
#################################
CURRENT_CARRIER=common
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

# TRUE for "User Plane", FALSE for "Control Plane"
DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

I mean all this can be added to gps.conf

gsic

Dec 12, 2009
w00000t!!!

spent last night reading through this thread and trying a few of the methods out...never really worked, ended up using the gps-fix solution and it works perfectly!!!

Took about 20 seconds to lock on to sat signal and then it just plain worked...

Had to make a journey by car, 60 mile round trip, was using Google navigation and all was fine for about the first 15 miles....then phone reset itself, rebooted, froze on cyanogen boot screen...took battery out, restarted and phone had reset itself too 15:20 on December 11th...weird...soon autosynced again and put Google Navigation back on an carried on with journey with no more issues apart from complete battery drain lol

Thanks again for all the help and info, excellent work!

G

Six6Sicks

Apr 24, 2009
(666)
Not Found

The requested URL /gauner1986/gauner1986_gingerbread_gps_fix.tar.bz2 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

dlsniper

Feb 5, 2010
I get this everytime I start the gps: E/GpsLocationProvider( 120): no AGPS interface in agps_data_conn_open

Hope it helps.

See signature for details.

Reactions: cmarti

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

just a quick thread to inform you that i have just fixed GPS on Gingerbread in a nightly coding excess. I tested it on CM7 and it works.
    Replace the files in your ROM with the respective ones in this tar archive :)

Download

cheers
    I've been playing with GPS status aswell. With the current roms, you get a fix which is not updated every second and GPS status does not show satelites.

As I was trying to port my own ROM, i had a every second fix and GPS status showing satelites while messing with AdamG's Oxygen v2.0 RC6.

Rafpinga beat me to it by getting Oxygen ported correctly, however using my port files on his build gives me the same results. I'm now able to get a satisfying fix to use with google navigation. It's jumpy here and there but in my opinion way more usable then current GPS status.

Before trying the files attached, Please rename or backup your current files!!
    I have set permission to 777 on all files using Root explorer. Let me know if it works for you!

regards,

ps. I have it working using the files attached (ie gps.htcleo.so). You need to validate if this works for you, or try rename to gps.bravo.so
    converted gps fix to CWM package

For those who use ClockworkMod Recovery, i made a CWM zip file from the normal zip.
    It copys the files with the right filenames and change the permissions to sufficiant ones.

Please be aware, that i am not responsible for an damage on your phone, but for me this fix and this package works awsome! :D

Thanks Diem!
    Great to hear it's working for you guys!
    Ginger with workable GPS feels so much complete :cool:

Regards,
    Diem
    (Thanks to all who clicked the "Thanks button"! :D)
    Step by step gingerbread new real gps fix

1) Download the new files from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10636518&postcount=125
    2) Get RootExplorer app or any file manager with root access support
    3) Copy libgps.so to /system/lib and overwrite the original. Tap and hold it and set the permissions to full 777. Tap R/W on tap if system is R/O (read only)
    4) Copy gps.htcleo.so and sensors.bravo.so to /system/lib/hw. Tap and hold those files and set the permissions to full 777. (IF you have gps.bravo.so file in your build, rename gps.htcleo.so to match it to your build and overwrite)
    5) Reboot, make sure gps is enabled from settings - location OR power control widget before you reboot.
    Go outside, launch a gps app. (gps status, google maps or motonav, navigon sygic etc) and wait for gps fix. It would take between 10 to 60 seconds on average. You should see satellite info in gps status app after gps gets a fix. It should update your location every second. It should no longer reset compass to north every few seconds. Your nav software should be working properly now.

This fixes the gps fix loss/no sat info problem of gauner1986 libs and is provided on page 13 and 14. Check posts from Diem and Baco.
    Now you get satellite info in gingerbread and location is updated every second without resets to north. Don't forget to check file name and permissions.

Alternative way to update the files via ClockWorkMod (CWM)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10643150&postcount=137

Note: 777 permission means tap and hold the file in root explorer and tap permissions. check all the available permissions. It should say rwxrwxrwx (which is equal to 777)
    Some builds have different filenames for the same file, rename accordingly, be sure you overwrite the original. (Remember to always backup any file you replace beforehand)

The only remaining issue is, gps status says agps info will be downloaded as soon as there is data connection. But there IS data connection and it used to say, agps info downloaded.

This fix is already included in mdeejays cm7 gingerbread v2.5

(Gauner1986, can you update the first post?)