• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[05-JAN][FIX] Navigon Select on Gingerbread

Search This thread

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Nice job, i don't use navigon just copilote, but I must congratulated you because you are making hardcore coding for HD2 scene.

Thanks

gilla87

Jan 15, 2007
L dot A dot Californ I A
Nice job, i don't use navigon just copilote, but I must congratulated you because you are making hardcore coding for HD2 scene.

Thanks

+1 your out of control, dude. Your an 86, just one more than me and you are making some major breakthroughs.. It makes me think I am really doing nothing with my life, lol.. But yeah, keep up the god work, man

Edit: I meant to say "good" work but swype has no problem also praising you it seems :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Reactions: piotrma14

Yes!

Apr 5, 2007
Groningen
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Cool man, you rock! :cool:
Going to try to get Navigon to work following your instructions, now that you already fixed GPS.

[OT]: :eek:
Do you by chance also know how to fix camcorder for [email protected]?
I'm playing with PPC_SHIFTPDA_V2 [RAM] which i really like. Camcorder is one of the last issues i would like to fix.
[/OT]

cheezusweezel

Nov 14, 2009
Pfalz
Tell me what you get on logcat when Navigon starts up.. Using aLogcat from Market for example. And of course.. Update your Navigon Select to the latest version..

Sure, latest version installed and logcat is:

I/ActivityThread( 1773): Pub com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.naviprovider: com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.NaviProvider
D/NaviApp ( 1773): pn: com.navigon.navigator_select
D/NaviApp ( 1773): NaviKernel hasn't been started yet, ignore...
D/dalvikvm( 1773): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.navigon.navigator_select/lib/libNavinative.so 0x4051cc28
I/System.out( 1773): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1311]: 147 cannot locate '_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_i'...
I/System.out( 1773): Trying NavinativeD...
I/System.out( 1773): Couldn't load NavinativeD: findLibrary returned null
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini pkg_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini ins_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini is up-to-date
I/ActivityManager( 187): Displayed com.navigon.navigator_select/.hmi.CheckExistingRegistrationActivity: +384ms
W/dalvikvm( 1773): threadid=9: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d560)

gnash.s

Sep 6, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Awesome, it worked for me even with the old Navigon version. Thanks!

EDIT: nope, sorry. wrong information. it's not working. I guess, my GPS is not working either. Is there a gps test app? The one in market Force Closes when open in gingerbread

Last edited:

gauner1986

Dec 14, 2008
Hamburg
Could you guys try again with the file i attached? Maybe i uploaded the wrong one.

Awesome, it worked for me even with the old Navigon version. Thanks!

EDIT: nope, sorry. wrong information. it's not working. I guess, my GPS is not working either. Is there a gps test app? The one in market Force Closes when open in gingerbread

Use GPS Status from Market.

Attachments

• libmedia.so.zip
    115.9 KB · Views: 2,359

gauner1986

Dec 14, 2008
Hamburg
Sure, latest version installed and logcat is:

I/ActivityThread( 1773): Pub com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.naviprovider: com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.NaviProvider
D/NaviApp ( 1773): pn: com.navigon.navigator_select
D/NaviApp ( 1773): NaviKernel hasn't been started yet, ignore...
D/dalvikvm( 1773): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.navigon.navigator_select/lib/libNavinative.so 0x4051cc28
I/System.out( 1773): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1311]: 147 cannot locate '_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_i'...
I/System.out( 1773): Trying NavinativeD...
I/System.out( 1773): Couldn't load NavinativeD: findLibrary returned null
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini pkg_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini ins_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 1773): NaviKernelConf.ini is up-to-date
I/ActivityManager( 187): Displayed com.navigon.navigator_select/.hmi.CheckExistingRegistrationActivity: +384ms
W/dalvikvm( 1773): threadid=9: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d560)

So it has to work now.. I checked the .so file, the symbol is definetly present:

Code:
gauners-MacBook-Pro:~ gauner$ strings libmedia.so | grep "_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_i"
_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_i
_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_ii

Be sure to replace /system/lib/libmedia.so !

Nope, also the new file won't work (for me) ...

Could you check logcat again please?

Anyway.. I'll release a ROM based on CM7 soon. :)

Last edited:

cheezusweezel

Nov 14, 2009
Pfalz
Could you check logcat again please?

Anyway.. I'll release a ROM based on CM7 soon. :)

New logcat:

I/ActivityThread( 2812): Pub com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.naviprovider: com.navigon.navigator_select.provider.NaviProvider
D/NaviApp ( 2812): pn: com.navigon.navigator_select
D/NaviApp ( 2812): NaviKernel hasn't been started yet, ignore...
D/dalvikvm( 2812): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.navigon.navigator_select/lib/libNavinative.so 0x4051d788
I/System.out( 2812): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1311]: 147 cannot locate '_ZN7android10AudioTrackC2EijiiijPFviPvS1_ES1_i'...
I/System.out( 2812): Trying NavinativeD...
I/System.out( 2812): Couldn't load NavinativeD: findLibrary returned null
D/NaviKernelConnector( 2812): NaviKernelConf.ini pkg_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 2812): NaviKernelConf.ini ins_version = ANDROID_INI_VERSION = 1.5.8
D/NaviKernelConnector( 2812): NaviKernelConf.ini is up-to-date
W/dalvikvm( 2812): threadid=9: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d560)
I/Process ( 2812): Sending signal. PID: 2812 SIG: 9

And your ROM will be much appreciated !!! ;)

linuxnut

Mar 17, 2006
Just tried this update with Navigon MobileNavigator on a Nexus S with Gingerbread(2.3.1) It's let me get past the spash screen without a FC. Just downloading the maps now. Hope the rest of the app doesn't have any other problems.

Many thanks for this fix.

(I did change the permissions and ownership of libmedia.so with these commands
chown root.root libmedia.so
chmod 644 libmedia.so
)

Rob

EDIT: Confirmed that this is working on my device. Thanks for a great fix.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, me again,

i just fixed Navigon Select to work with Gingerbread. It needs the replacement of libmedia because some interfaces got incompatible. Now i can finally use onboard Navigation on my CM7 :)

Download

Just replace the file in /system/lib

cheers

Thanks

+1 your out of control, dude. Your an 86, just one more than me and you are making some major breakthroughs.. It makes me think I am really doing nothing with my life, lol.. But yeah, keep up the god work, man

Edit: I meant to say "good" work but swype has no problem also praising you it seems :)

Cool.
    I tried to replace the file (using ES Explorer) but the original system file can't replaced due to rights. Guess I need some kind of cmd prompt tool?

Yes I'm new on rooting and haven't touched unix/linux for years (except through Android's interface of course)

Did You tried Root Explorer?

navigon usa 3.5.4

Looks like the US version 3.5.4 was out on the market as of March 10 2011.
    can anyone post the apk file if possible.... please?