• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[06 JAN] [FIX] Usb Mass Storage on Gingerbread

Search This thread

yllivia

Jul 26, 2009
Stockholm
Tested and it works :D I have one issue with gingerbread build on my tmous hd2. the battery drains faster than with the dft stock. Anyone else has battery issues?

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
This fix worked perfectly. If anybody has trouble, I highly recommend using Root Explorer or similar. I just pasted it in and it worked. No need to mess with adb or even change permissions.

Reactions: saragde

saragde

Apr 16, 2010
Vilnius
I'm sorry for my noob questions, but I've just mooved vold into system/bin, rebooted and connected to the pc. I still can't find any drives on my pc. And HTC sync program doesn't see my hd2 neither.

rafpigna

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2008
Rome
After 15 min. of inspecting logs i found fix for USB Mass Storage on Gingerbread builds. They changed some interfaces in volume manager (vold), so i prepared fixed version of vold.

Usage: BACKUP /system/bin/vold

copy fixed vold to /system/bin/
(adb push vold /system/bin )

- also check file permissions after pushing (best to set 777)
if your system is mounted as ro remount it by: mount -o remount,rw /system

EDIT: Forgot to mention to reboot phone after changing vold :)

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
IF U HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THIS VOLD JUST REPLACE IT WITH BACKUP U MADE (u made backup, right ? )

dan1j3l

could be useful to use this update version of vold also on non-gingerbread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After 15 min. of inspecting logs i found fix for USB Mass Storage on Gingerbread builds. They changed some interfaces in volume manager (vold), so i prepared fixed version of vold.

Usage: BACKUP /system/bin/vold

copy fixed vold to /system/bin/
    (adb push vold /system/bin )

- also check file permissions after pushing (best to set 777)
    if your system is mounted as ro remount it by: mount -o remount,rw /system

EDIT: Forgot to mention to reboot phone after changing vold :)

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
    IF U HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THIS VOLD JUST REPLACE IT WITH BACKUP U MADE (u made backup, right ? )

dan1j3l
    For those using ClockworkMod, i made a zip to update.

Enjoy!
    Dan you my hero! :D
    Awsome!!

Fantastic... now ill have to learn how to Adb :p

Thx alot!!!
    This fix worked perfectly. If anybody has trouble, I highly recommend using Root Explorer or similar. I just pasted it in and it worked. No need to mess with adb or even change permissions.