• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[06 JAN] [FIX] Usb Mass Storage on Gingerbread

Search This thread

Beretta93

Jan 10, 2010
Paris
I've extracted vold file to the root of my SDcard, then with terminal emulator, I did :

su
cp /sdcard/vold /system/bin/
chmod 777 /system/bin/

It seemed fine, but when i plug my phone to computer, mass storage does not activate. Have I no choice but to use ADB for this fix?

Glen_H

Dec 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Window minimizes on tytungs build, only on first boot it works. This is a known issue and there is no fix jet. On MDJ's build al is working correct.
Maybe it is possible to download a market app that works and i think i have seen someone mention a PC program to explore your phone. Droid explorer i think, but not sure.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

coolbuddy1321

Dec 27, 2010
Raipur
Plz help me

i have android 2.3.1 MDJ Gingerbread v1.0 RC5

when i connect my ph. with USB it just get charge but does not show any Icon on the left top corner of notification bar...
and so i can turn my ph to mass storage through USB

any Idea??

coolbuddy1321

Dec 27, 2010
Raipur
i have android 2.3.1 MDJ Gingerbread v1.0 RC5

when i connect my ph. with USB it just get charge but does not show any Icon on the left top corner of notification bar...
and so i can turn my ph to mass storage through USB

any Idea??

i found the solution ...
install Multi mount SD frm market :)

and now i have problem in market...
sever Error...
to download any app i have to fast else it shows server error..
fast means click on app >>free>> ok it shows item downloading .. if sometime im slow it show server error... :( what to do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After 15 min. of inspecting logs i found fix for USB Mass Storage on Gingerbread builds. They changed some interfaces in volume manager (vold), so i prepared fixed version of vold.

Usage: BACKUP /system/bin/vold

copy fixed vold to /system/bin/
    (adb push vold /system/bin )

- also check file permissions after pushing (best to set 777)
    if your system is mounted as ro remount it by: mount -o remount,rw /system

EDIT: Forgot to mention to reboot phone after changing vold :)

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
    IF U HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THIS VOLD JUST REPLACE IT WITH BACKUP U MADE (u made backup, right ? )

dan1j3l
    For those using ClockworkMod, i made a zip to update.

Enjoy!
    Dan you my hero! :D
    Awsome!!

Fantastic... now ill have to learn how to Adb :p

Thx alot!!!
    This fix worked perfectly. If anybody has trouble, I highly recommend using Root Explorer or similar. I just pasted it in and it worked. No need to mess with adb or even change permissions.