[17.01.23] I N975F I N976B I N976N I N970F I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
ChangeLog R05 (For N975F/N976B/N976N only) Added R05 for N970F 10March21 - Read this

• Base of updated to N975FXXU6FUBD 1 March 21 security patch
  • SafetyNet Fix prefixed. (Needs to Apply essential fix from RM tool + Reboot), Remove if any fix installed.
  • Vanced Manager updated
  • Magisk updated to 22.0
  • All features of previous version will remain same except if mentioned above.
  • TweaksPro users needs to update to TweaksPro 3.0.2 or up.

Some Important things to note
  • Very soon after first boot, you needs to open magisk app and complete required set up.
  • After completing magisk required setup - straightway open ROM Tool and apply essential fix.
  • TWRP available in download area is official TWRP and Android 11 based, Here is thread for TWRP discussion Thanks to corsicanu
  • Included DrKetan/Cruel kernel which is compiled with source code from cruel-kernel Thanks and credit to @ evdenis for kernel. Here is OP for kernel & source code
Importan notes for N976B/N
  • This ROM is fully Single ROM for N975F and N976B/N ,While flashing ROM, N976 must select N976 kernel from aroma.
  • N976 may have network only after Applying ROM Tool essential fix + Reboot. ROM Tool with detect device and patch it accordingly.

ROM features :

- NO more Combo key requires, simple reboot will always reboot with root and any tool showing Reboot to Root will reboot to TWRP without holding any key.
- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
- Secure Folder working now.
- Recovery QS Panel Toggle (Reboots device to TWRP) PS : This needs custom kernel with built in magisk
- More secure OEM patch.
- S Pay with Gear wearable (Only supported models) - Provided you have installed required packages and hidden 'pay' stuff with magisk hide.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Debloated unnecessary craps (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Dex to PC should work out of box
- Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
- Added some important samsung stuff
  1. Calculator
  2. Music
  3. S Health
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patch for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following Options
  • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
  • Navigation Bar height
  • Scloud enable/Disable
    You can swap between Old/New anytime, simple click on required version and previous will auto deleted.
  • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
  • ROM Control - See below
  • StatusBar Icons
  • Good Lock
  • Custom Fonts
  • Youtube Vance installer
  • StatusBar Icons
    • Show/Hide 3minit battery
    • Show /Hide stock clock
    • Show /Hide 3minit clock
    • Show/Hide multiple icons (QuickStar)
  • Mods & Fix
    • Auto Call Record
    • Titanium Backup Fix - In case TB force closes even after uninstalling/Reinstalling
    • Google Pay fix
    • Amazon & Netflix HD enable/Disable
    • SafetYNet Fix
    • GoodLock (No CSC limitations) - Not available as of now.
      • LockStar
      • QuickStar
  • Update & Fix
- ROM Control
  • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
  • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
  • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
  • Double tap statusbar to sleep
PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Recommended Installation Steps

We Don't recommends/supports dirty flash, but one thing to note, you always should remove lockscreen & Biometric data before flashing ROM in case you gonna flash dirty.

ROM tested with Ian TWRP ( Download area have it) Credit & Thanks @ ianmacd Here is link for OP and source code.

MultiDisabler is require only those, who want to use stock ROM + TWRP. If you want to flash DrKetan ROM, DONT FLASH MULTIDISABLER

Once you manage to fix it, follow below given tips and go through Add On & Bug bix section below

Important Notes once you finish installing ROM

DON'T INSTALL ANY DISABLER/BT FIX/MAGISK anything after flashing ROM, as ROM already pre patched for all these stuff. Additionally flashing may cause issue. Also you shouldn't WIPE device after flashing ROM, but It should be before flashing ROM.

- It may take 6-7 minutes to finish installation. once installation finish, select reboot to system

- After this first of all open magisk and check if installed correctly, If it ask for complete additional setup, let it do and reboot.

I recommend to disable magisk notification (Magisk - setting - superuser notification - none (This will make mods to work much faster)

After looking magisk is installed properly, open ROM Tool and apply essential Fix - Reboot device after applying essential fix

If you are using Gear watch or other accessory, setup it and finish rest of personal installation.

Done !

Special Note for Gear wearable & Gear SPay

Spay (Gear) working out of box (As per my test), provided you have installed required apps.
To connect it flawlessly,
1.Clean Install ROM + Open ROM Tool and Apply Essential Fix - Reboot
2.Make sure Magisk manager safetyNet check pass
3.Connect gear with Bluetooth (Gear should factory reset) and this will auto install all required apps.
Once Gear connects, simply open Samsung Pay from Galaxy Wearable app - Hide it in Magisk Hide and you should able to add card.

Important : If you want to use EdXposed with Gear Spay then first add your card before installing EdXposed

I recommend clean Installation only. If you are able to handle consequences with dirty flash then proceed, but don't post bugs in forum without clean installing ROM.

Tips,AddOn & Fix

- SafetyNet Fix - Read Here

- Rebooting device after appearing lockscreen

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

- Stuck while flashing something (Bootloop), How can I reboot to download
There is a golden rule that always works when you stuck anywhere (bootloop). Follow this -
1.Plugin device to PC
2.Keep holding power + vol down
3.As soon as screen goes blank, keep holding vol up + vol down (here you needs to be quick)
And you are in download mode.

- EdXposed You can directly install from Magisk download repositories

- Read ROM Tool - Update & Fix if any new available.

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

This is a customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM/mods not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM/ part of other ROM.

Last edited:

{C0deF0x}

Feb 3, 2013
St. Louis
Hello! I am currently on Dr Ketan's Q08 with Tweaks Pro. I was wondering if anyone could quickly break down the process of moving from Q ROM to R ROM? Do I need to flash the R factory firmware first? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Flame Red

My Good Doctor, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I flash the TWRP in the download area, then do a wipe, then even an advance wipe and wipe everything but external SD. Then I try to flash R05.

During the install, I get messages:

Magisk Manager will not be uninstalled. Please uninstall it manually after reboot.

I reboot, and I do not have root. I try to install Magisk and it does the normal reboot and then goes into a boot loop.

I repeated the procedure three times. Obviously I am doing something very wrong but I am not sure what exactly. Any advice please?

dr.ketan

My Good Doctor, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I flash the TWRP in the download area, then do a wipe, then even an advance wipe and wipe everything but external SD. Then I try to flash R05.

During the install, I get messages:

Magisk Manager will not be uninstalled. Please uninstall it manually after reboot.

I reboot, and I do not have root. I try to install Magisk and it does the normal reboot and then goes into a boot loop.

I repeated the procedure three times. Obviously I am doing something very wrong but I am not sure what exactly. Any advice please?
Probably message form magisk installer. Ignore it.
Simple factory reset should be fine. Check md5 of rom. Flash it and straightway look for magisk app. It must be there

dr.ketan

IMPORTANT

I have find minor issue with R05 and this may cause issue in certain condition.
I have fixed it. R05_New will be available in 30 min. If you have already flashed R05 and don't have issue with root, you don't need to re-flash R05_New

Sorry for inconvenience.

Edit : R05_New is online now.

Last edited:

Flame Red

IMPORTANT

I have find minor issue with R05 and this may cause issue in certain condition.
I have fixed it. R05_New will be available in 30 min. If you have already flashed R05 and don't have issue with root, you don't need to re-flash R05_New

Sorry for inconvenience.

Edit : R05_New is online now.

Thank you kind Doctor, the error messages on flash regarding Magisk I was getting are now gone and everything looks normal!

(y)

saifkhan9187

Jul 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
ChangeLog R05 (For N975F/N976B/N976N only)

• Base of updated to N975FXXU6FUBD 1 March 21 security patch
  • SafetyNet Fix prefixed. (Needs to Apply essential fix from RM tool + Reboot), Remove if any fix installed.
  • Vanced Manager updated
  • Magisk updated to 22.0
  • All features of previous version will remain same except if mentioned above.
  • TweaksPro users needs to update to TweaksPro 3.0.2 or up.

Some Important things to note
  • Very soon after first boot, you needs to open magisk app and complete required set up.
  • After completing magisk required setup - straightway open ROM Tool and apply essential fix.
  • TWRP available in download area is official TWRP and Android 11 based, Here is thread for TWRP discussion Thanks to corsicanu
  • Included DrKetan/Cruel kernel which is compiled with source code from cruel-kernel Thanks and credit to @ evdenis for kernel. Here is OP for kernel & source code
Importan notes for N976B/N
  • This ROM is fully Single ROM for N975F and N976B/N ,While flashing ROM, N976 must select N976 kernel from aroma.
  • N976 may have network only after Applying ROM Tool essential fix + Reboot. ROM Tool with detect device and patch it accordingly.

ROM features :

- NO more Combo key requires, simple reboot will always reboot with root and any tool showing Reboot to Root will reboot to TWRP without holding any key.
- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
- Secure Folder working now.
- Recovery QS Panel Toggle (Reboots device to TWRP) PS : This needs custom kernel with built in magisk
- More secure OEM patch.
- S Pay with Gear wearable (Only supported models) - Provided you have installed required packages and hidden 'pay' stuff with magisk hide.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Debloated unnecessary craps (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Dex to PC should work out of box
- Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
- Added some important samsung stuff
  1. Calculator
  2. Music
  3. S Health
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patch for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following Options
  • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
  • Navigation Bar height
  • Scloud enable/Disable
    You can swap between Old/New anytime, simple click on required version and previous will auto deleted.
  • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
  • ROM Control - See below
  • StatusBar Icons
  • Good Lock
  • Custom Fonts
  • Youtube Vance installer
  • StatusBar Icons
    • Show/Hide 3minit battery
    • Show /Hide stock clock
    • Show /Hide 3minit clock
    • Show/Hide multiple icons (QuickStar)
  • Mods & Fix
    • Auto Call Record
    • Titanium Backup Fix - In case TB force closes even after uninstalling/Reinstalling
    • Google Pay fix
    • Amazon & Netflix HD enable/Disable
    • SafetYNet Fix
    • GoodLock (No CSC limitations) - Not available as of now.
      • LockStar
      • QuickStar
  • Update & Fix
- ROM Control
  • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
  • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
  • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
  • Double tap statusbar to sleep
PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Recommended Installation Steps

We Don't recommends/supports dirty flash, but one thing to note, you always should remove lockscreen & Biometric data before flashing ROM in case you gonna flash dirty.

ROM tested with Ian TWRP ( Download area have it) Credit & Thanks @ ianmacd Here is link for OP and source code.

MultiDisabler is require only those, who want to use stock ROM + TWRP. If you want to flash DrKetan ROM, DONT FLASH MULTIDISABLER

Once you manage to fix it, follow below given tips and go through Add On & Bug bix section below

Important Notes once you finish installing ROM

DON'T INSTALL ANY DISABLER/BT FIX/MAGISK anything after flashing ROM, as ROM already pre patched for all these stuff. Additionally flashing may cause issue. Also you shouldn't WIPE device after flashing ROM, but It should be before flashing ROM.

- It may take 6-7 minutes to finish installation. once installation finish, select reboot to system

- After this first of all open magisk and check if installed correctly, If it ask for complete additional setup, let it do and reboot.

I recommend to disable magisk notification (Magisk - setting - superuser notification - none (This will make mods to work much faster)

After looking magisk is installed properly, open ROM Tool and apply essential Fix - Reboot device after applying essential fix

If you are using Gear watch or other accessory, setup it and finish rest of personal installation.

Done !

Special Note for Gear wearable & Gear SPay

Spay (Gear) working out of box (As per my test), provided you have installed required apps.
To connect it flawlessly,
1.Clean Install ROM + Open ROM Tool and Apply Essential Fix - Reboot
2.Make sure Magisk manager safetyNet check pass
3.Connect gear with Bluetooth (Gear should factory reset) and this will auto install all required apps.
Once Gear connects, simply open Samsung Pay from Galaxy Wearable app - Hide it in Magisk Hide and you should able to add card.

Important : If you want to use EdXposed with Gear Spay then first add your card before installing EdXposed

I recommend clean Installation only. If you are able to handle consequences with dirty flash then proceed, but don't post bugs in forum without clean installing ROM.

Tips,AddOn & Fix

- SafetyNet Fix - Read Here

- Rebooting device after appearing lockscreen

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

- Stuck while flashing something (Bootloop), How can I reboot to download
There is a golden rule that always works when you stuck anywhere (bootloop). Follow this -
1.Plugin device to PC
2.Keep holding power + vol down
3.As soon as screen goes blank, keep holding vol up + vol down (here you needs to be quick)
And you are in download mode.

- EdXposed You can directly install from Magisk download repositories

- Read ROM Tool - Update & Fix if any new available.

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

This is a customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM/mods not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM/ part of other ROM.

Thanks for such an amazing Rom. Everyth8ng seems fine. Only one issue which i face, from tweaked pro, viper4android is not working, it's force closing, in R04, it was fine

forid200

May 2, 2013
London
Upgraded from R04 to R05 on N976B, had some issues with Magisk auto patching DTB0. Managed to fix this by removing magisk app and re-flashing the ROM.

Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_flm

dr.ketan

Thanks for such an amazing Rom. Everyth8ng seems fine. Only one issue which i face, from tweaked pro, viper4android is not working, it's force closing, in R04, it was fine
Could be dirty flash /restore app with some app? TweaksPro must be install as apk and never restore with any backup app. Also before installing ROM it is recommend to uninstall it
Try this - From TweaksPro - activate Pro and reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: saifkhan9187

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
Viper doesn't work for me either. I had to flash clean because I had the Samsung Account Login error. Now everything is messed up.. Banking App won't let me in because of root, PayPal too and Font Changer can't be installed anymore on magisk. And as mentioned viper can't get the driver working. I wish I stayed at One Ui 3.0 as everything was perfect.. Maybe Magsik 22 is messed up and thats why it cant hide probably.

dr.ketan

Viper doesn't work for me either. I had to flash clean because I had the Samsung Account Login error. Now everything is messed up.. Banking App won't let me in because of root, PayPal too and Font Changer can't be installed anymore on magisk. And as mentioned viper can't get the driver working. I wish I stayed at One Ui 3.0 as everything was perfect.. Maybe Magsik 22 is messed up and thats why it cant hide probably.
Dirty/Clean install?
It seems you have installed some safetynet fix ?

#Liut#

Nov 6, 2014
Deepest NorthEast
Hello Doc, I've made a stupid mistake with my N975.
These were the steps I've got:
odin and install new twrp
odin and install new modem and bootloader
restart in twrp and factory reset
install R05 and restart system
Controll the install of magisk and I've seen that it was not installed, and now as a really stupid I've installed it directly from magisk.
Now I' m in a costant bootloop because I can't to restart in twrp mode.
I've tried to reinstall again twrp in odin mode and bootloader and modem, but the bootloop continue. Have you got any suggestion to help me?

simonk206

Controll the install of magisk and I've seen that it was not installed, and now as a really stupid I've installed it directly from magisk.
I've tried to reinstall again twrp in odin mode and bootloader and modem, but the bootloop continue. Have you got any suggestion to help me?

Reflashing ROM should fix the bootloop

dr.ketan

- Make sure you have downloaded R05_New (R05 was withdrawn)
- Never flash magisk in N975/6/0 from twrp
- A11 needs device to connect to PC to reboot to recovery

Top Liked Posts