[08/07/10] **UPDATED** Large VGA HTC Home OEM & CAB

Search This thread

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
Hi all,

I've seen others looking for this here, and while looking for something else, found a large VGA HTC Home in an Athena AX7510 ROM. I've extracted it from the Athena's OEMAPPS package and created a separate package with the relevant registry entries.

http://rapidshare.com/files/128346384/PJC_HTCHome.rar ---- OEM Package

http://rapidshare.com/files/128745613/PJC_HTCHome.cab --- CAB Installation

Note 1 - CAB Updated 08/07/10 - fixed "single tab" issue with some ROMs.

Note 2 - No Media player yet - looking into that now...

Note 3 - WARNING - the CAB is unsigned, and apparently this means that on some ROMs it won't install correctly.

-PJC

Last edited:

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Does this htc home solves freezing issues in UNI?

Hi

I would be very happy to test it soon as someone can convert it in a .cab file
But I´ve tried a lot of ROM´s and several different htc home applications and always the same, when I recieve a call my UNI freezes imediatly.

I´ll wait for more comments

Cheers

Gracias

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Cant use wheather

Hi sorry to ask, but too many information, how can i use wheather tab? nothing happens when I try to select my city. the rest of the buttons same problem.
Already read all the posts and links but, I have to say honestly I´m kinda lost...

Any help would be apreciated!
It´s the first htc home I can use wothout incomming calls freezing!!!

Gracias

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
Hi sorry to ask, but too many information, how can i use wheather tab? nothing happens when I try to select my city. the rest of the buttons same problem.
Already read all the posts and links but, I have to say honestly I´m kinda lost...

Any help would be apreciated!
It´s the first htc home I can use wothout incomming calls freezing!!!

Gracias

Weather (and contacts) should now be working correctly. Please try the new CAB in post #1.

Let me know of any other problems.

Thanks,
PJC.

euclanville

Dec 28, 2007
Manila, Philippines
i hope this is not from mobility touch commander..
cause i downloaded from the other thread and it is..
my problem is it consumes up to 6mb of my ram using tomal 8.0 beta

lorgem

Jun 18, 2007
HEY MAN GREAT JOB....AFTER INSTALLING THE CAB ALL ICON ARE MISSING EXECPT THE "HOME"....HARD RESET AND RE INSTALL AGAIN BUT THE RESULT STILL THE SAME:confused:

I'LL STICK WITH SNAPVUE PERFECTLY WORKED ON ALL UNI'S ROM'.

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/Tools/

Last edited:

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
HEY MAN GREAT JOB....AFTER INSTALLING THE CAB ALL ICON ARE MISSING EXECPT THE "HOME"....HARD RESET AND RE INSTALL AGAIN BUT THE RESULT STILL THE SAME:confused:

I'LL STICK WITH SNAPVUE PERFECTLY WORKED ON ALL UNI'S ROM'.

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/Tools/

If all icons are missing the likelihood is the CAB couldn't update your registry properly (it isn't "signed") -- it's working as stated on my ROM (based on Tomal V7.7) which has security checking disabled.

-PJC

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
i hope this is not from mobility touch commander..
cause i downloaded from the other thread and it is..
my problem is it consumes up to 6mb of my ram using tomal 8.0 beta

I took it from the Ahtena X7510 ROM, but as with ALL versions of HTC Home, it likely will use a large amount of memory.

(I'm looking into something else at the moment, so can't check).

-PJC

lorgem

Jun 18, 2007
hmmm strange im using tomal v7.7 and v8.0:confused: hard reset doesn't work i think the only solution is to reflash my uni.

Anyway great job:D

V3S

Apr 18, 2006
nice job...

BTW: chande the links in the first post.. you have cab on the oem link..

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
hmmm strange im using tomal v7.7 and v8.0:confused: hard reset doesn't work i think the only solution is to reflash my uni.

Anyway great job:D

Hmmmmm - I got the chance to test on a different ROM, and saw the same as you. HTC Home Customizer let me bring the other tabs back, and after a soft reset, it worked fine.

Let me know if you want HHC uploaded (I can't remember where I found it, sorry!).

-PJC

akpe

Jan 25, 2006
Athens
Google Pixel 5
Somehow I can't get it to work. It installs fine (along with HTC Home Customiser) but it doesn't show on my today screen when I select it, even after a soft reset :/ any ideas?

pjc007

Feb 23, 2008
Weather (and contacts) should now be working correctly. Please try the new CAB in post #1.

Let me know of any other problems.

Thanks,
PJC.
(Quote)

Hi PJC

I simply can´t see the rest of the icons...
What I´m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Gracias

As I mentioned earlier, I see this too with a different ROM. On further investigation, it seems that the registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCHome\Tabsettings is being set to '1'.

*DELETING* this setting from the registry worked for me, and all the tabs appeared.

I'll see if I can see if there's something wrong with the CAB, and if so I'll fix it and re-upload, but you should be OK by making that registry change.

-PJC

Bennyjoe

Mar 10, 2007
Its very closer like, this make lot of consumable memory, try to install at storage card, can do this?

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
As I mentioned earlier, I see this too with a different ROM. On further investigation, it seems that the registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCHome\Tabsettings is being set to '1'.

*DELETING* this setting from the registry worked for me, and all the tabs appeared.

I'll see if I can see if there's something wrong with the CAB, and if so I'll fix it and re-upload, but you should be OK by making that registry change.

-PJC (Quote)

Did you mean deleting this registry? or just the value of "1", in that case which number I should put?

Thanks a lot!