• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

09-10 - ViperExperience Beta 7 | Android 11 | September 2021 Security Patch |GSI

Do we still need Aroma installer for HTC U12+

• Yes

Votes: 83 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 18 15.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
i can't opend download mode or recovery in spite of Laptop get devices seri
You'll need to get to bootloader if I recall correctly to enter the unlock code. Sorry, I don't remember exactly. I haven't unlocked the bootloader on an HTC device since the 10 came out in 2016.

You can find the serial number and IMEI in settings > about > phone identity (at least that's where it's at on my 10 ~ it should be something similar if not exact)

Reactions: Djnhjmg11

cash1220

Aug 7, 2010
i can't opend download mode or recovery in spite of Laptop get devices seri
I think you're asking how to recover your phone...

download the RUU and rename it to 2Q55IMG.zip and put it onto a 16 or 32GB SD card. after inserting reboot into download mode and follow the instructions.

and, yes, you should be able to access download mode on your U12+, although it can be a bit tricky to execute

Djnhjmg11

Aug 27, 2021
Tôi nghĩ bạn đang hỏi cách khôi phục điện thoại của mình ...

tải xuống RUU và đổi tên nó thành 2Q55IMG.zip và đặt nó vào thẻ SD 16 hoặc 32GB. sau khi chèn khởi động lại vào chế độ tải xuống và làm theo hướng dẫn.

và, vâng, bạn sẽ có thể truy cập chế độ tải xuống trên U12 + của mình, mặc dù có thể hơi phức tạp để thực thi

[URL Unurl = "true"] https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...us-1-factory-image-firmware-boot-ota.3794664/ [/ URL]
i can't open download mode

Reactions: Joenrobe1970

mikalovtch

Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2010
Moscow
ViperExperience Beta 7 Update

1631266675345.png

ViperExperience Beta 7 (10 September 2021)

Fixes& Updates
  • 5 September 2021 Security patch.
  • Fixed FC in Settings search engine
  • Small invisible fixes and updates for future releases.
Guys, who has issue with brightness slider. Select option 'Force alternative backlight scale' in PHHTrebleSettings and then reboot. Brightness slider will work.

Enjoy using ROM!

Download:
AndroidFileHost

Last edited:

samevo8

May 17, 2006
ViperExperience Beta 7 Update

View attachment 5406229

ViperExperience Beta 7 (10 September 2021)

Fixes& Updates
  • 5 September 2021 Security patch.
  • Fixed FC in Settings search engine
Guys, who has issue with brightness slider. Select option 'Force alternative backlight scale' in PHHTrebleSettings and then reboot. Brightness slider will work.

Enjoy using ROM!

Download:
AndroidFileHost
Thanks. I'll try Beta 7 soon! In noticed in Beta 6 that the wired HTC headphones weren't detected, the HTC camera app was unstable, and occasionally the phone would become mostly unresponsive (requiring a long press of the power button to reboot). Does Beta 7 address some of these issues in Beta 6?

samevo8

May 17, 2006
你的指紋識別有效嗎?
My U11 doesn't work.
Do you mean the finger sensor? I installed Beta 7 onto my HTC U12+. Beta 7 finger sensor works for me. The set up was a bit weird in that it'd look like the set up prematurely would end before my last capture touch. However that didn't seem to affect the unlocking ability.

Here are some observations after installing Beta 7:
1. HTC wire headphones now work. Yay! My phone launched a Google Assistant feature. I haven't figured out how to set up the headphone customization like in stock.
2. HTC camera app is working so far.
3. Need to use the phone more to see if I get the random freezes but so far no freeze.

Chaplin0906

Sep 10, 2021
你是說手指傳感器嗎?我在 HTC U12+ 上安裝了 Beta 7。Beta 7 手指傳感器對我有用。設置有點奇怪,因為看起來設置會在我最後一次捕獲觸摸之前過早結束。不過這似乎並不影響解鎖能力。

以下是安裝 Beta 7 後的一些觀察結果:
1. HTC 有線耳機現在可以使用了。好極了!我的手機啟動了 Google Assistant 功能。我還沒有弄清楚如何像庫存一樣設置耳機定制。
2. HTC 相機應用程序運行至今。
3. 需要更多地使用手機,看看我是否得到了隨機凍結但到目前為止沒有凍結。
No, is Fingerprint recognition to unlock

xxzxzx

Mar 20, 2010
istanbul
XVPIcVb.png

ViperExperience 11 GSI for U12+

"Choose your flavor! - The next Generation Viper ROM"

Dear Community,

Venom ROMs takes the next big step for your HTC, as well as other Treble A/B devices out there! You want Android 11, but don't want to miss out on the hardware benefits of your HTC U12+? Or you want to enjoy all of your beloved HTC Apps on another OEM? Then we have the best of both worlds for you today (or very soon)! Decide for yourself between an Android Stock Experience, or an HTC Sense Experience by choosing between Pixel Launcher and HTC Sense 10 UI Launcher. On your HTC U12+ you can in addition continue to use your popular HTC features like HTC Edge Sense, HTC FaceUnlock and the HTC Camera!

We at Venom ROMs are using the AOSP GSI based on Android 11 to bring you the best HTC features paired with the latest Android AND Pixel experience from Android 10.

Thanks to @phhusson for his Treble experimentations repos, @JEANFRIVERA, @5m4r7ph0n36uru, @Captain_Throwback, @MassStash, @donmarkoni for all tests you did for me to make this ROM.

devs.png

mikalovtch

Installation.png

1. Must have unlocked bootloader from htcdev.com or factory S-OFF
  2. Download Viper Experience 11 GSI from Androidfilehost.com
  3. Download „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ from Androidfilehost.com
  4. Download latest TWRP from #2 post or Download latest PBRP from here: PBRP
  5. Boot your Device in Bootloader Mode
  6. Boot to TWRP or PBRP, using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot nameoftwrpimage.img
  7. Rename „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ to „update.zip“ and place it inside your adb/fastboot folder
  8. Push „update.zip“ to your device, using the following command:
    Code:
    adb push update.zip /update.zip
  9. Make sure you are on slot A on reboot page of TWRP or PBRP if not switch to slot A and fasboot boot twrp.img again
  10. Flash „update.zip“ from recovery UI
  11. Reboot to Download from recovery UI
  12. Erase userdata and system using the following commands: (THIS WILL FORMAT INTERNAL STORAGE!)
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    and:
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
  13. Flash Viper Experience 10 GSI, using the command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system nameofimage.img
  14. Rebootyour device, using the command
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  15. Setup and enjoy an mew ROM on your HTC U12+!

XDA:DevDB Information
23-11 - ViperExperience Alpha 7 | Android 11 | November 2020 Security Patch |GSI , ROM for the HTC U12+

Contributors
mikalovtch, JEANRIVERA
Source Code: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 9 Pie
Based On: AOSP HTC Sense

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2020-12-22

Created 2020-03-07
Last Updated 2020-12-22
hello
thank you for your work
how to ı makesure twpr on slot a or slot b

samevo8

May 17, 2006
Do you mean the finger sensor? I installed Beta 7 onto my HTC U12+. Beta 7 finger sensor works for me. The set up was a bit weird in that it'd look like the set up prematurely would end before my last capture touch. However that didn't seem to affect the unlocking ability.

Here are some observations after installing Beta 7:
1. HTC wire headphones now work. Yay! My phone launched a Google Assistant feature. I haven't figured out how to set up the headphone customization like in stock.
2. HTC camera app is working so far.
3. Need to use the phone more to see if I get the random freezes but so far no freeze.
I finally found a bug with Beta 7: When connected to my car's bluetooth, I can play music from my phone to the car. However, for phone calls, audio does not stream to the car's bluetooth. Note that I can control my phone from my car's touchscreen.

RA_MK1

Oct 4, 2021
Thanks por this great rom. Very smooth and usefull. Im competely new around here (in posting) and with few experience in flashing (I tried succesfully with my m8 and HTC10 en U Ultrabefore) and after some days reading a lot here, I finally unbricked muy U12+ and bring it back thanks to all your knowledge

One strange thing I noted is that My security patch says December 1 2025

This is the second time I flash the rom in my device. The first try the security patch said September 2019.

Dont know if this is big deal but doesnt bother the operación of the phone

Everything else is running like a charm

Last edited:

Gentren

Jun 28, 2014
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
HTC U12+
I use this ROM from beta6. I discovered several issues in beta6 and beta7:
  1. The time will reset to 02 o'clock AM everytime after reboot and will not sync unless you insert a SIM card.
  2. Finger print unlock not working after device running for days. It will show "fingerprint hardware not work" in lock screen.
For anyone that cannot connect to mixed WPA3/WPA2 encryption Wifi AP. Put the APK file attatched to /vendor/overlay/ and reboot.

Attachments

• WifiOverlay.apk
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: mikalovtch

samevo8

May 17, 2006
  1. The time will reset to 02 o'clock AM everytime after reboot and will not sync unless you insert a SIM card.
  2. Finger print unlock not working after device running for days. It will show "fingerprint hardware not work" in lock screen.
For anyone that cannot connect to mixed WPA3/WPA2 encryption Wifi AP. Put the APK file attatched to /vendor/overlay/ and reboot.
I also noticed that finger print sensor will stop working after some time. A reboot will bring it back for some time. Also found that my Google Podcast won't play on Ford Sync (but plays fine connected to other bluetooth speakers).

Agressor83

Apr 29, 2016

Finally I can connect to mixed WPA3/WPA2 encryption Wifi. Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XVPIcVb.png

ViperExperience 11 GSI for U12+

"Choose your flavor! - The next Generation Viper ROM"

Dear Community,

Venom ROMs takes the next big step for your HTC, as well as other Treble A/B devices out there! You want Android 11, but don't want to miss out on the hardware benefits of your HTC U12+? Or you want to enjoy all of your beloved HTC Apps on another OEM? Then we have the best of both worlds for you today (or very soon)! Decide for yourself between an Android Stock Experience, or an HTC Sense Experience by choosing between Pixel Launcher and HTC Sense 10 UI Launcher. On your HTC U12+ you can in addition continue to use your popular HTC features like HTC Edge Sense, HTC FaceUnlock and the HTC Camera!

We at Venom ROMs are using the AOSP GSI based on Android 11 to bring you the best HTC features paired with the latest Android AND Pixel experience from Android 10.

Thanks to @phhusson for his Treble experimentations repos, @JEANFRIVERA, @5m4r7ph0n36uru, @Captain_Throwback, @MassStash, @donmarkoni for all tests you did for me to make this ROM.

devs.png

mikalovtch

Installation.png

1. Must have unlocked bootloader from htcdev.com or factory S-OFF
    2. Download Viper Experience 11 GSI from Androidfilehost.com
    3. Download „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ from Androidfilehost.com
    4. Download latest TWRP from #2 post or Download latest PBRP from here: PBRP
    5. Boot your Device in Bootloader Mode
    6. Boot to TWRP or PBRP, using the following command:
      Code:
      fastboot boot nameoftwrpimage.img
    7. Rename „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ to „update.zip“ and place it inside your adb/fastboot folder
    8. Push „update.zip“ to your device, using the following command:
      Code:
      adb push update.zip /update.zip
    9. Make sure you are on slot A on reboot page of TWRP or PBRP if not switch to slot A and fasboot boot twrp.img again
    10. Flash „update.zip“ from recovery UI
    11. Reboot to Download from recovery UI
    12. Erase userdata and system using the following commands: (THIS WILL FORMAT INTERNAL STORAGE!)
      Code:
      fastboot erase userdata
      and:
      Code:
      fastboot erase system
    13. Flash Viper Experience 10 GSI, using the command:
      Code:
      fastboot flash system nameofimage.img
    14. Rebootyour device, using the command
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    15. Setup and enjoy an mew ROM on your HTC U12+!

XDA:DevDB Information
    23-11 - ViperExperience Alpha 7 | Android 11 | November 2020 Security Patch |GSI , ROM for the HTC U12+

Contributors
    mikalovtch, JEANRIVERA
    Source Code: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 9 Pie
    Based On: AOSP HTC Sense

Version Information
    Beta
    Beta Release Date: 2020-12-22

Created 2020-03-07
    Last Updated 2020-12-22
    ViperExperience Beta 4 Update

1618215934657.png

ViperExperience Beta 4 (12 April 2021)

Fixes& Updates
    • 5 April 2021 Security patch.
    P.S. I had some overloaded months but now I'm back to work on this ROM. Hope to make you happier in near future
    Download:
    AndroidFileHost
    ViperExperience Beta 1 Update

teamVENOM_threadheadings.png

ViperExperience Beta 1 (22 December 2020)

Finally it happened, we have got almost stable ROM with minimal bugs and we are ready to move from Alpha to Beta version. Let's hope Stable version will be soon as well and we will do all the best to bring new features to the beautiful HTC U12+.

Fixes& Updates
    • 7 December 2020 Security patch.
    • Added FaceUnlock feature.
    • Small fixes and updates.
    Download:
    AndroidFileHost
    ViperExperience Alpha 5 Update

changelog.png

ViperExperience Alpha 5 (16 August 2020)

Fixes& Updates
    • 5 August 2020 Security patch
    • @phhusson patches v222
    • Added EdgeSense settings to Settings
    • Added EdgeSense QS Tile
    • Some unvisible changes in system for futher updates like OTA, FaceUnlock

P.S. At this moment I'm not able to work on ROM fully. Unfortunately, my U12+ doesn't turn on anymore and I have to wait and send all my builds to testers that not so much effective like when you do it by yourself. I hope all problem will be solved soon and I will be able to work on the rom fully. A lot of things like FaceUnlock, all Camera features and OTA Updates require deep learning of all mechanisms in original HTC U12+ ROM and it take a lot of time. So please be patient and sorry me if smth doesn't work properly. I'm trying to do all my best that I can.

[MANUAL] Fix CTS Profile Mismatch

Initial situation: most GSIs are rooted to a certain extent. This also applies to the AOSP GSI, which is the basis of our ViperExerience ROM.

Precondition: To correct the CTS mismatch, it is necessary that Magisk is installed.

If the precondition is fulfilled, proceed as follows:

1. Install the Magisk modules "Busybox" from Osmosis, and "MagiskHide Propst Config" from Didgeridoohan
    2. After a device restart, open a Terminal App on your HTC U12+ and go through the following steps
      • Request root privileges by typing
        Code:
        su
      • Start the Props module by typing
        Code:
        props
      • Type
        Code:
        to set a new fingerprint for the device
      • Follow the instructions in order by selecting
        Code:
        f