• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods [1.0.5][Non-Root Mods] Rootless UI Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I do love this but is there any reason that when using the camera when you swap lenses or change mode ls there like a 3 second hang time, not like a lag but a wait only seems to be when I remove the gesture pill or Nav bar itself, maybe to do with screen ratio due to extra screen being utilized?

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
I do love this but is there any reason that when using the camera when you swap lenses or change mode ls there like a 3 second hang time, not like a lag but a wait only seems to be when I remove the gesture pill or Nav bar itself, maybe to do with screen ratio due to extra screen being utilized?
Thanks for creating this.

Loving it so far. The only issue I've seen is that when hiding the nav bar and pill, my typing accuracy goes out the door.

If I don't hide the items, then it's back to normal.

I have the 3 second hang time as well. Not sure what could be causing it but very often, tinkering with the system/systemui has unexpected effects because a lot of the source code is tightly knit and intricate. Some side effects are to be expected. That said, I will look to see if there is an alternative way of achieving the same result with minimal side effect.

I have the 3 second hang time as well. Not sure what could be causing it but very often, tinkering with the system/systemui has unexpected effects because a lot of the source code is tightly knit and intricate. Some side effects are to be expected. That said, I will look to see if there is an alternative way of achieving the same result with minimal side effect.
No worries at all. Super thankful for you doing this. I just have the pill hidden currently, but the nav bar area is still there, and the keyboard seems to be working normally.

Reactions: StrangerWeather

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
I just had to post and say thank you. Just got my Pixel 6 and The only disappointment was the color settings and theme, you have solved all of those issues! Incredible work! I didn't want to root my device as it disables some apps that I use a lot like my car connection.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to where this goes :)

asdor

Mar 9, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is there any way to get a real light mode? Like the one bellow, of course without inverting colors:

1639073077898.png

Reactions: StrangerWeather

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Just saw this Tweet by Mishaal Rahman: "Unfortunately, it looks like the latest Android 12L beta has patched the loophole that lets a non-root shell process access the Fabricate Overlay API."

This means that the fun is almost over for us. :(

One important thing: before you update your phone to the December update, I would recommend undoing your mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts