1/10/10 DDT ULTIMATE V2 (Final Edition) WVGA Weatherpanel - CAB Install

troed

Nov 16, 2009
Vienna
www.perfectsmileandface.com
Hi Dunc ! What a great app ! Tx to the devs here the HD2 gets better and better, even better than a Notebook.

What if You pack everything nicely in ONE Install-cab (so nobody can make mistakes :D ) and post it for download on FREEWAREPOCKETPC ? They have no limit for apps...............

Dunc001

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 6, 2010
Hiding out south of the border...
Hi Dunc ! What a great app ! Tx to the devs here the HD2 gets better and better, even better than a Notebook.

What if You pack everything nicely in ONE Install-cab (so nobody can make mistakes :D ) and post it for download on FREEWAREPOCKETPC ? They have no limit for apps...............
Never made a cab before - anyone offer any guidance (or do it for me :D)?

wakers

Jan 17, 2010
www.rushcycles.co.uk
I have followed everything step by step multiple times but when I get to the step to choose the layout, I don't see the option on the drop down for Phat+265.wpl, any ideas on this? Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Ditto this too, any ideas ?

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Ditto this too, any ideas ?
Is there any chance that someone will create a cab file that does everything you need to manually do so that this can be easily installed?
When you open the Layout dropdown it is scrollable, you just need to scroll down the list until you find the correct layout. You have to ensure you have selected the PhatPhinger theme first or the layouts won't be there.

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Europe/UK radars.txt

I've been looking for more UK specific radar images this morning and have found a few static and animated ones. I have edited my radars.txt to remove all of the North America radar urls as well. If you want to use the new list instead then just download it and move it into the Weatherpanel folder on your storage card (if that's where you have installed to), and overwrite the existing radars.txt

Anyone volunteering to make a full cab yet?

Attachments

Alx0363

Mar 2, 2010
Vercelli
When you open the Layout dropdown it is scrollable, you just need to scroll down the list until you find the correct layout. You have to ensure you have selected the PhatPhinger theme first or the layouts won't be there.
Same problem but for me also the selection of theme is not possible.....dropdown menu is empty and i put the PhatPhinger dir in theme dir.

Another question (sorry for noob): if i try to select weather images all the dropdown menus in the page are empty and program ask to refresh....HOW????

Thanks

Alex

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Same problem but for me also the selection of theme is not possible.....dropdown menu is empty and i put the PhatPhinger dir in theme dir.

Another question (sorry for noob): if i try to select weather images all the dropdown menus in the page are empty and program ask to refresh....HOW????

Thanks

Alex
Where did you install WP to? Also did you unzip the Phat folder first?

seldon

Apr 19, 2007
Hi, I have used WP for long time, I love it. In a other tread of this forum someone have make possible to create a tab in manila too, but I don't know if it works now on new manila, I think is possible!
GREAT JOB TANKYOU BOYS

Alx0363

Mar 2, 2010
Vercelli
I follow the first post instructions step by step.
I install wp on storage card and unzip Phat folder before copy it (the folder) in theme.....but dont works.....
Please can U explaying more about how to use images and setup it and if it is possible, for more clearance about icons, a treeview of a correct dir and subdirS.

IN ANY CASE GREAT JOB...THANKS FOR IT.

Hope some good guy try to make a .cab that intall all in correct way and save us (noobs) from a tons of help requests :)

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:

kangmas

Feb 13, 2008
Picture

O.K. for the benefit of those who cant configure. I try to explain using screenshot.
Read first post. At step no 9 and 10, with screenshot:

9. Open your start menu and then open the Second Today folder. Click on Second Today (NOT Settings). This first run will open the Second Today Settings. On the Plugins tab ONLY check the box beside WeatherPanel. You can then select any background image as normal at the bottom of this window (Use custom background). Then select the Settings tab and delete the word Start in the Window-Title box. Leave everything else as it is and click the right softkey to confirm. This will then open the Second Home window.

Image Hosting

10. Weather Panel will then configure. You then need to add your cities (NOTE - WP does not utilise My Location so you have to manually enter locations you want weather info for) which is just a case of clicking Add New, then entering your city name in the Search For box. Once you’ve added each new city you then need to add weather images for each city (if you want weather maps to show up). If all your cities are in the same part of the world (i.e. Europe) then you just need to add the same image(s) for each city. I’m in the UK so all my cities use the same Europe maps. Once you’ve added all your cities and images click on the Display tab.
1] In the Theme dropdown select PhatPhinger IV Altered.
2] In the Layout dropdown select Phat+265.wpl – this is really important as this is the layout file for 480x800.
3] In the Icon Set dropdown select HTC VGA Icons.
Once you’ve done this then click your hardware back key and you should then see the main WP display for the first city in your list. The up/down arrows at the bottom of the screen let you scroll through your cities. To exit the WP screen back to wherever you were simply click the right softkey (green tick on my screenshots).

Image Hosting

Hope you guys understand. :)

Alx0363

Mar 2, 2010
Vercelli
Ok...now more clear....
Only one last doubt: the right softkey to be pressed is the "ok" in upper right corner.....right? (ask this because in the bottom I havent any softkey as the images in first post....)

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Ok...now more clear....
Only one last doubt: the right softkey to be pressed is the "ok" in upper right corner.....right? (ask this because in the bottom I havent any softkey as the images in first post....)

Thanks

Alex
The images in the first post are from my install on a WM6.5.5 ROM. If you are installing on an earlier version of Windows Mobile I presume you press wherever you see OK :)

Hope you get it working!

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Problem with text on Moon page

I have this problem with the text on the upper half of the moon info page. I'm going to try and find out how to edit the wpl layout file to correct it but it may take me some time! If there is anyone out there cleverer than me who wants to have a crack at it and let me know what to do then be my guest. Oh, and while you're at it could you also see if you can figure out how to move the top bar up to cover the top of the main page text just showing at the top of the image...