1/10/10 DDT ULTIMATE V2 (Final Edition) WVGA Weatherpanel - CAB Install

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
Any IDEAS?!

I am loving this app I must say.

I have one issue with my install. I have a Exclamation pic over the weather jpg file for my weather conditions. I don't know why it's there. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Below is a pic of the problem I'm having.

Attachments

Slide

Nov 4, 2004
Hello, is there a description or instructions for Weather Panel 2010 to create a theme or change it?

Greeting Slide

Dunc001

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 6, 2010
Hiding out south of the border...
Hello, is there a description or instructions for Weather Panel 2010 to create a theme or change it?

Greeting Slide
Slide, for layout you can try here - http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpanel/wiki/index.php/Layout_Reference
It's pretty sketchy but it is all I could find. A bit of reading and re-reading, and a lot of messing about and you should be able to figure it out. For icons, just open the PhatPhinger theme folder and you'll be able to see all of the png files that are involved if you want to edit them or make your own.

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010

I have one issue with my install. I have a Exclamation pic over the weather jpg file for my weather conditions. I don't know why it's there. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Below is a pic of the problem I'm having.
Not seen it on mine but give me a few hours and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
No problem for me, bro. Text layout is o.k. It just that I am missing some words. "The next phase will be, ............." . Dunno why :confused: :confused:

Image Hosting
OK, so I've figured out which files in the theme control the layout and content on each window. The one for the moon screen is called popup_moon.wpx. If you can post a copy of this file from your install I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's wrong. Your moon image to the right of the text should also be bigger than it is.

I've managed to edit the main screen layout to bring the current temp and update time down slightly so the other windows now completely hide it - if anyone else has this issue let me know.

Geordie502

Jan 17, 2010
Hi all

This is trully a great application. The only problem I seem to be having is when you select a new city it overlaps the first one. At present I have London all looking good and working. I then select my next city and it sits on top off the London so it sort off overlaps.

I am hoping there is a simple fix for this, as once again credit to the person who has worked on this for all to use.

Thanks

Geordie502

remak

Nov 9, 2007
Warszawa
Hi all

This is trully a great application. The only problem I seem to be having is when you select a new city it overlaps the first one. At present I have London all looking good and working. I then select my next city and it sits on top off the London so it sort off overlaps.

I am hoping there is a simple fix for this, as once again credit to the person who has worked on this for all to use.

Thanks

Geordie502
to new city add setting according weather images (radars). It will be ok

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010

The exclamation is the weather alert icon so I can only assume that there is a weather warning out for your area. Does anything happen if you touch on it, or if you touch on the first of your 5 small weather icons (for today) is there any mention of the warning on the forecast page? If you like I'll have a look through the layout files and see if there is any way of disabling it.

Slide

Nov 4, 2004
Thank´s for your answer Dunc001,

is it possible in the "Phat +220 + PBst.wpl" Skin Additional to the temperature and rain graphic on the home screen still make a Windsepped graphic.

Greeting Slide

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Hi, this may sound silly. Is it necessary to install the "Second Today"?
Yes, you need to install Second Today. Weatherpanel is a Today Plugin, and as Sense replaces a standard Windows Mobile Today page you need somewhere on your phone for Weatherpanel to 'live'. The only options are Second Today or something like ManilaTodayPage (MTP) which lets you add a new Sense tab.

curtin88

Nov 4, 2006
Yes, you need to install Second Today. Weatherpanel is a Today Plugin, and as Sense replaces a standard Windows Mobile Today page you need somewhere on your phone for Weatherpanel to 'live'. The only options are Second Today or something like ManilaTodayPage (MTP) which lets you add a new Sense tab.
Thank you Dunc001 for your reply.

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Cleaned up main screen layout

I've just about managed to get my head round editing the wpl and wpx files in the theme folder to adjust the layout of the various pages. So far I have managed to slightly tweak the main page layout to bring the city, current condition and time texts down slightly. This has then allowed me to bring the current condition weather icon down a bit. I think this makes the main page better balanced visually. I have also moved the large temp and update time texts down slightly so they are no longer just visible above any of the other page top box. Finally I have amended the width of the city text box so the city/country name can now take up the whole width of the screen if required.

I have also made a minor tweak on the moon phase page as I found that in certain moon phases the length of the text became too big to fit into the text box causing it to flow out right across the screen. I have basically reduced the text size by 1 point on all of the descriptive text on the page so now all moon phases will fit OK.

If you want to apply these changes download and unzip the attached file. In the folder you will find two files which you need to copy into the PhatPhinger folder (in the Themes folder) and overwrite the existing files.

Attachments

lasai

Feb 25, 2009
I have done all the steps as indicated, but when I finish point 9 and click the softkey to confirm, I get the following message at the bottom of the screen "WeatherPanel: Waiting for storagecard... or invalid layout type". After this nothing happens. If I click on the message the Today WeatherPanel opens and I can add cities, but I can add any weather image or layout. ¿Does anyone knows the reason for this? Thank you

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
I have done all the steps as indicated, but when I finish point 9 and click the softkey to confirm, I get the following message at the bottom of the screen "WeatherPanel: Waiting for storagecard... or invalid layout type". After this nothing happens. If I click on the message the Today WeatherPanel opens and I can add cities, but I can add any weather image or layout. ¿Does anyone knows the reason for this? Thank you
If you've got your phone connected to a PC in Disc Drive mode it won't work as the phone locks out the storage card and WP can't initiate - don't know if this is your problem?

adaduk

Jul 4, 2008
West London
WOO HOO AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Works like a charm, all we need now is for some clever herbert to get it to work with "my current location" and we're laughing!!!

Thanks a million!!

lasai

Feb 25, 2009
If you've got your phone connected to a PC in Disc Drive mode it won't work as the phone locks out the storage card and WP can't initiate - don't know if this is your problem?
Maybe I did this way before, but I have repeated it with the phone disconected from the PC and the same happens.

Geordie502

Jan 17, 2010
Hi

Thanks for the help, however still having problems....I have only 3 citys (London / Grays / Colchester. I have checked the settings and the weather images are all set to Europe.. have rebooted the phone ans still there is a overlap when shifting through the citys.....Not sure whats happing....

Any further help would be great

Thanks

Geordie

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Hi

Thanks for the help, however still having problems....I have only 3 citys (London / Grays / Colchester. I have checked the settings and the weather images are all set to Europe.. have rebooted the phone ans still there is a overlap when shifting through the citys.....Not sure whats happing....

Any further help would be great

Thanks

Geordie
Are you using the arrows to shift between cities? Also, in Settings>Display have you unchecked the box beside 'Automatically Cycle Cities'?