1.28GHz IS NOT REAL

Search This thread

ziggy471

Nov 5, 2006
St. Pete
www.ziggy471.com
1.28GHz IS NOT REAL

I know I posted it, and people have been running it. But after looking over the code more last night, I realized that I had been had. I took the word of another developer on the line for 1.28GHz, added it to my kernel, and it magically worked. After looking at it closer, whether intentional or not, he had the multiplier set at 0x1E(30), which is 1.152GHz. So even though it's reporting 1.28GHz, it's really running at 1.152GHz.

I've learned my lesson trusting someone else for what I should have looked into more closely, and I hope you all don't think worse of me for doing that. I apologize for leading people astray with this, but hey, at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Again, I really feel bad for misleading people on this, it's not in my nature to do that, ok maybe some, but not with something like this.

With that all said, I could do one showing maybe 4.71GHz, now that'd be awesome for screenshots. lol

Z

Ianxcom

Aug 26, 2010
No worries. The cool thing is that my phone was actually mostly stable at 1.15 which was never really possible before. Usually i get freezes and bootloops. On yours the worse i got was an app quitting once in awhile.

adamd1169

Sep 15, 2010
So if I get up to 88 miles per hour my phone won't put out the 1.28 gigawatts to make me time travel? That's a shame.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
brownie points for coming clean :p

has anyone made a custom oc uv with the new .17 kernel yet?

EDIT: i feel dumb...didn't realize source wasn't out for the new kern.

Last edited:

ziggy471

Nov 5, 2006
St. Pete
www.ziggy471.com
No worries. The cool thing is that my phone was actually mostly stable at 1.15 which was never really possible before. Usually i get freezes and bootloops. On yours the worse i got was an app quitting once in awhile.

no worries dude you did the right thing

brownie points for coming clean :p

has anyone made a custom oc uv with the new .17 kernel yet?

EDIT: i feel dumb...didn't realize source wasn't out for the new kern.

I didn't use the kernel, but you doing this makes me (and hopefully everyone else) respect you even more as a developer.

At least I'm getting the response I was hoping for, thank you all for understanding. I'll be re-doing all my kernels this evening. I may even do some capped at 2.6496GHz, that way people can play to see how high they really can go. Brownie points to anyone that figures out why I choose that freq. lol

So if I get up to 88 miles per hour my phone won't put out the 1.28 gigawatts to make me time travel? That's a shame.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Sorry dude, I was hoping for time travel myself, but for now, we're stuck in the present. :(

Z

whewstoosae

May 23, 2010
SC
Not a problem man, it wasn't like you were doing it on purpose. So all is good. We appreciate your work!

elpeterson

May 2, 2009
Makes sense. I tried it on the Feather ROM and was getting almost exactly the same performance/scores.

Much appreciated for coming clean and letting everyone know. I doubt anyone would hold it against you.

khanam

Jul 26, 2010
Miami
Z,

You are a good person for accepting the blame for somebody else's mistake. Either way your kernels are better than almost all others on the desire ports so I am sticking to them. Happy with the performance and it being stable at 1.152. Made me follow you on twitter.

2 other comments/questions:

1. did u take out the debug script that you had posted about on twitter? I did not see battery loss anyways...
2. I tried your incredible AOSP kernel on ultimate droid 1.0.0 but it turned the touch screen into unresponsive mode. Did dalvik wipe etc. Given that UD is like CM, I would have thought it would need an AOSP kernel but perhaps I was wrong. Could you please take a look at that?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

IncredibleDoes

Apr 20, 2010
Lone Tree
twitter.com
1.28GHz IS NOT REAL

I know I posted it, and people have been running it. But after looking over the code more last night, I realized that I had been had. I took the word of another developer on the line for 1.28GHz, added it to my kernel, and it magically worked. After looking at it closer, whether intentional or not, he had the multiplier set at 0x1E(30), which is 1.152GHz. So even though it's reporting 1.28GHz, it's really running at 1.152GHz.

I've learned my lesson trusting someone else for what I should have looked into more closely, and I hope you all don't think worse of me for doing that. I apologize for leading people astray with this, but hey, at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Again, I really feel bad for misleading people on this, it's not in my nature to do that, ok maybe some, but not with something like this.

With that all said, I could do one showing maybe 4.71GHz, now that'd be awesome for screenshots. lol

Z

Placebo I love it, lol Hey thanks for clearing that up ziggy!! :)

ID

P.S. Can we get a placebo of over 9000!!!!! I kidd

whewstoosae

May 23, 2010
SC
Z,

You are a good person for accepting the blame for somebody else's mistake. .......

I'm currently using the aosp kernel with shadow rom and it's working great. Just that slight battery drain with screen on is the only issue I have with it currently.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk.

willhill

Aug 1, 2010
I hadn't heard of your kernels before this thread, but I'm giving the latest a try. I'm one of the lucky few that can run stable at 1.19 GHz, so 1.28 would have been insane.

bilbobrian

Mar 26, 2007
big D
The latest kernel is running great. The only issue I'm having, I can't connect to wifi file explorer. Anyone have any suggestions?