[1 Click Root and/or Recovery]Root and ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0 [UPDATED 02/10/11]

Search This thread

ntenisOT1948

Aug 30, 2010
Hello guys,

I change Maveric's 1Click root and recovery to work with new ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

README:
Thanks to all those who made possible this Tattoo's root
(xda-developers.com, htcmania.com and especially mainfram3 and Amon.Ra.)
HTCMANIA.COM

LIST OF COMMANDS:
RecoveryTattoo : Change new recovery. You can do a full backup. And back to original state.
rootTattoo: Change Root and new Recovery.
reboot2Recovery: Starts recovery mode.

Prerequisite:
- (PC) Close all programs / windows as possible, including Antivirus, firewall ..)
- (PC) rtattoo.zip Unzip in C:\ (must be C:\rtattoo)
- (TATTOO) All programs - USB to PC - HTC Sync
- (TATTOO) All programs - Settings - Applications - Development - USB debugging.

CONSIDERATIONS:
- You should have your functional goldcard before doing anything.
- The script takes your nCID.txt Cid and encrypted device number to nDEV.txt
(with the cid can make our goldcard)

ONLY RECOVERY:
- When you're ready from windows opened MyComputer -> (C:) -> rtattoo
- Double click on RecoveryTattoo. And do not touch anything, only when prompted to press a key.

ROOT+RECOVERY:
- Double click on rootTattoo. And do not touch anything, only when prompted to press a key.
If all goes well will have to restart our TATTOO.

Enjoy!!

ntenisOT
(THANKS TO Maveric!)

USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

DOWNLOAD
New Version
1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

DOWNLOAD
1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 3.0.2.7
MD5 Checksum: a9098a0713ae627578412cca352359d3

1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 3.0.0.5
MD5 Checksum: 67fd338e11cd378d5767ca5bd49085ca

Last edited:

luxb

Nov 15, 2010
Zagreb
Wow! It worked, thanks a lot! I've been haiving some errors when installing ClockworkMod, but this worked. Thanks a bunch!

ntenisOT1948

Aug 30, 2010
No problem mate:) I did that for my mobile so I thought it would be useful to share it with you.

I also reinstall the Stock Rom and tested everything so I am sure that is working.

After installing that you can flash your Tattoo with the latest Kalim's version 2.3.2 with working camera:)

Thanks a lot!

Prerequisite:
- (PC) Close all programs / windows as possible, including Antivirus, firewall ..)
- (TATTOO) All programs - Settings - Applications - Development - USB debugging.
Do i have to install HTC-Sync Drivers (on the PC)? What is the right way to proof if the connection is stable and all drivers are installed in the right way?

Do i have to open the command prompt of the android sdk? Or the "normal" command prompt?

And after that i only have to do following?
ROOT+RECOVERY:
- Double click on rootTattoo. And do not touch anything, only when prompted to press a key.
The currently installed original Android 1.6 with sense will be uneffected by this process? Or will all data be deleted?

ntenisOT1948

Aug 30, 2010
Do i have to open the command prompt of the android sdk? Or the "normal" command prompt?

And after that i only have to do following?The currently installed original Android 1.6 with sense will be uneffected by this process? Or will all data be deleted?

Yeah I tried that in a 1.6 installation and nothing affected until I installed a custom Rom where I had to wipe all data and cache first.. Do a nandroid backup first to be sure that you will not lose anything:) If something goes wrong you will be able to go back using the nandroid.

Reactions: tito_puente
Yeah I tried that in a 1.6 installation and nothing affected until I installed a custom Rom where I had to wipe all data and cache first.. Do a nandroid backup first to be sure that you will not lose anything:) If something goes wrong you will be able to go back using the nandroid.
Thx for your quick answer, nice! :)
Until now i never used nandroid-backup (on my desire). Making a nandroid-backup means that i can restore the original android 1.6 without wiping or flashing? 1.6 will be restored with all its apps and settings?
If i get a continuous bootloop, is it possible to enter the recovery to restore the nandroid-backup?

btw.: After rooting the superuser-app will be installed?

ntenisOT1948

Aug 30, 2010
Until now i never used nandroid-backup (on my desire). Making a nandroid-backup means that i can restore the original android 1.6 without wiping or flashing? 1.6 will be restored with all its apps and settings?
If i get a continuous bootloop, is it possible to enter the recovery to restore the nandroid-backup?

yes for the nandroid

I think you have to install the superuser app on your own..

Reactions: tito_puente

vura

Sep 14, 2010
pretoria
How to use the RecoveryTattoo script for changing my recovery from AmonRa to ClockworkMod?

Can someone please explain how to do this?

ntenisOT1948

Aug 30, 2010
How to use the RecoveryTattoo script for changing my recovery from AmonRa to ClockworkMod?

Can someone please explain how to do this?

1.Unzip the contents to c:/rtattoo
2.Click RecoveryTattoo.bat
3.Follow on screen instructions
3. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. Just wait.
4. Your Tattoo will reboot!

rootTattoo.bat worked like a charm. No errors, tattoo rebooting. Clockworkmod is available, i already did a nandroid backup.

But now i want to install Titanium Backup to backup some of the apps. But TB always say "no root rights" available. What am i doing wrong?
I also installed this Root-App. It says my device is still rooted. i rooted it again. Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 is still available, but everytime i want to use titanium it says that there are no root rights!?

palimpala

Jun 19, 2010
I also installed this Root-App. It says my device is still rooted. i rooted it again. Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 is still available, but everytime i want to use titanium it says that there are no root rights!?

i had the same problem.
start the app(titanium backup) go under problems and click to install busybox.
if the problem not solved you have to change your su.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

I change Maveric's 1Click root and recovery to work with new ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

README:
    Thanks to all those who made possible this Tattoo's root
    (xda-developers.com, htcmania.com and especially mainfram3 and Amon.Ra.)
    HTCMANIA.COM

LIST OF COMMANDS:
    RecoveryTattoo : Change new recovery. You can do a full backup. And back to original state.
    rootTattoo: Change Root and new Recovery.
    reboot2Recovery: Starts recovery mode.

Prerequisite:

CONSIDERATIONS:
    - You should have your functional goldcard before doing anything.
    - The script takes your nCID.txt Cid and encrypted device number to nDEV.txt
    (with the cid can make our goldcard)

ONLY RECOVERY:
    - Double click on RecoveryTattoo. And do not touch anything, only when prompted to press a key.

ROOT+RECOVERY:

Enjoy!!

ntenisOT
    (THANKS TO Maveric!)

USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

DOWNLOAD
    New Version
    1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

DOWNLOAD
    1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 3.0.2.7
    MD5 Checksum: a9098a0713ae627578412cca352359d3

1 Click Root and/or Recovery ClockWorkMod 3.0.0.5
    MD5 Checksum: 67fd338e11cd378d5767ca5bd49085ca
    Do i have to install HTC-Sync Drivers (on the PC)? What is the right way to proof if the connection is stable and all drivers are installed in the right way?

1. Open command prompt
    2. Navigate to rtattoo directory - C:/rtattoo
    3. Write: adb shell

If that can connect to your phone then you are 100% ready to start:)

And after that i only have to do following?The currently installed original Android 1.6 with sense will be uneffected by this process? Or will all data be deleted?

yes for the nandroid

I think you have to install the superuser app on your own..
    Want to flah Kalims Custom ROM, but want to backup some apps.

than use mybackup in the market
    its free and also good.
    if you flash a rom the problem is solved..you wont have any errors.