1. SIM for mobile data and 2. SIM for calling?

Search This thread

Ausraster

Feb 11, 2015
Munich
Hi guys,

like the title says I want to use 1 SIM only for mobile data and the other SIM only for calling. I know there are settings for this and that this is possible but I want to know if I can use the "mobile data SIM" in LTE mode while receiving normal calls using the other SIM?

Is it even possible to use a mobile data only SIM in this phone? (just to be sure :D)
Did someone have experience with usage like this?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
Hi guys,

like the title says I want to use 1 SIM only for mobile data and the other SIM only for calling. I know there are settings for this and that this is possible but I want to know if I can use the "mobile data SIM" in LTE mode while receiving normal calls using the other SIM?

Is it even possible to use a mobile data only SIM in this phone? (just to be sure :D)

If you would have played with the settings first then you wouldn't have had asked this.

Anyway, you can choose preferred Sim for Data, Sms and Call. You may choose same sim for all 3 or 2 different as per your choice.

Whichever Sim you chose for Data will always allow you to choose from different network types like 4G/3G/2G but the 2nd sim(2nd sim in the sense the another sim, you have have chosen sim in 2nd slot for data, so in that case the sim in 1st slot) will always be on 2G. You won't be able to change that.

And I am sure you wanted to know exactly this.

And it's upto you for what purpose you use the sim.
1 use 1 sim only for data. Talk time on that is always 0. And another for call and sms.

The Sim I use for data is PrePaid and the other one a PostPaid. Just in case you had this confusion.

If you have any other confusion feel free to ask.

Reactions: Ausraster

Ausraster

Feb 11, 2015
Munich
If you would have played with the settings first then you wouldn't have had asked this.

Anyway, you can choose preferred Sim for Data, Sms and Call. You may choose same sim for all 3 or 2 different as per your choice.

Whichever Sim you chose for Data will always allow you to choose from different network types like 4G/3G/2G but the 2nd sim(2nd sim in the sense the another sim, you have have chosen sim in 2nd slot for data, so in that case the sim in 1st slot) will always be on 2G. You won't be able to change that.

1 use 1 sim only for data. Talk time on that is always 0. And another for call and sms.

The Sim I use for data is PrePaid and the other one a PostPaid. Just in case you had this confusion.

Yeah, thanks! I had no second Sim to test it, that's why I asked. :)

Sent from my XT1562 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Yeah, thanks! I had no second Sim to test it, that's why I asked. :)
    Oh! My bad. Didn't thought that could be a possibility too.

Feel free to ask any dual sim related issue/confusion. Will try my best to help.
    Yes it works and you can put them in either SIM slot. Both slots are LTE capable and it works in both configurations. Just make sure the network options are set to "LTE/4G preferred" as they might not be by default, on the data SIM.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone