• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[10.0][OFFICIAL][EOL] LineageOS 17.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016
There is an interesting more recent addition to this issue on Gitlab by Mark Williamson: "I think this may be the same issue as #2514 (closed) , I do have restricted mobile data applied for "Google Play Services""

I had restricted mobile data for Google Play Store (not for Services!) so far.

Anyone else restricted mobile data?

Upgraded now to 210322 build (and TWRP 3.5.1) and activated mobile data for the Google Play Store. Let's see. Since the above post, I ran on 210118 without any issues.

Update 23.3.: Seems like the restricted mobile data could be triggering the 'soft reboots' - crossing twice a border today caused no 'soft reboots'! So far, same was a guarentee for a cascade of 'soft reboots'. Will continue testing and report. Still, I wouldn't define unrestricted mobile data for Google Play Store as a solution but rather a workaround. While it seems that a change in LineageOS is decisive, I can't judge who to point to for the underlying cause - Google, OpenGAPPS, LineageOS or a combination. Anyone an idea?
If it is supposed to work, I will get it fixed. I'll figure it out soon.
Thank you for very in-depth help for the issue.

Reactions: js-xda

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
If it is supposed to work, I will get it fixed. I'll figure it out soon.
Thank you for very in-depth help for the issue.

Thank you for all your work!

We were writing in parallel - just updated my post as activating full mobile data access continues to prevent the issue for now.

Update 27.3.: Not a single 'soft reboot' since upgrade to 210322 from 210118 and un-restricting mobile data for Google Play Store.

Last edited:
Reactions: T1mb3

Thimoteo

Aug 13, 2015
I can no longer restore TWRP back-ups on my OnePlus 5T. Any tips will be appreciated.

I keep separate back-ups for Google-disabled and Google-enabled, always have been able to switch between them easily with wipe, restore.

Not today.

When I restored the Google-enabled back-up, Lineage took a loooong time to boot, then vibrated as the screen dimmed, then went to an endless hang with "Phone is starting ...".

I installed TWRP 3.5.2, re-installed the 10 firmware, restored different back-ups, installed the latest Lineage after restoring and before re-booting. Always the same problem. I can do a fresh install of Lineage from scratch, but if I then try to back up, wipe and restore that install in TWRP, I get the same symptoms: long, long boot, screen dim, brief vibration, then endless "Phone is starting ..." And I can't restore any of the back-ups now on my handset.

I'm stumped.

daywalk3r666

Apr 21, 2013
Frankfurt
android-freaks.de
OnePlus 5T
I can no longer restore TWRP back-ups on my OnePlus 5T. Any tips will be appreciated.

I keep separate back-ups for Google-disabled and Google-enabled, always have been able to switch between them easily with wipe, restore.

Not today.

When I restored the Google-enabled back-up, Lineage took a loooong time to boot, then vibrated as the screen dimmed, then went to an endless hang with "Phone is starting ...".

I installed TWRP 3.5.2, re-installed the 10 firmware, restored different back-ups, installed the latest Lineage after restoring and before re-booting. Always the same problem. I can do a fresh install of Lineage from scratch, but if I then try to back up, wipe and restore that install in TWRP, I get the same symptoms: long, long boot, screen dim, brief vibration, then endless "Phone is starting ..." And I can't restore any of the back-ups now on my handset.

I'm stumped.
you must remove your screen protection before you make a backup. all your backup with screen protection are useless

Reactions: Thimoteo

Thimoteo

Aug 13, 2015
That fixed the restore problem, daywalk. Thank you!

I'll now go to the 18.1 forum for another issue. I should have posted there in the first place!

csoller

Nov 16, 2008
Sorry for reposting, I asked this in the 18.1 thread but I got no answer...

As you all know for magisk 23 to install you need a ramdik image.
I read somewhere that you can not just use the ramdik.img that's in the root folder of lineage 18.1.

So how do you root lineage 18.1 with magisk 23?
Sorry for the basic question I might be missing something obvious.

Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: OpenGAPPS
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

CONTRIBUTORS
    T1mb3, codeworkx

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree: android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger, android_device_oneplus_dumpling, android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel: android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 10
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    LineageOS 18.1 is now official, 17.1 will not be updated anymore.
    See thread for 18.1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-official-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-5-5t.4173997/
    Next weeks update fixes offline charging(y)
    Next update fixes VoWIFI, thanks for all who helped fixing it(y)
    i just encountered two phone freezes in like half an hour and one yesterday.. yesterday was weird(er), i was watching some videos in youtube vanced, when suddenly the sound stuck at one very unpleasant tone, after few second screen turned black, notification diode went from off to white/very light purple..
    cant tell much about first today, but second happened when i was typing reply to other thread on xda (in chrome) when all of sudden screen went black and diode start to glow in white/very light purple..
    the only solution (since it happens when i dont have pc with adb nearby) i was able to find was to press power button to "hard power off"..
    did anyone came across similar issue, or are these freezes signs, that my op5 is going to "silicon heaven"?
    and one question, is there a way to get the log after freeze and hard reboot?

We have two 5T's, both running this ROM and both have experienced a couple freezes in the past week. No idea why, one was in the middle of browsing with Fennec, the other while closing NewPipe. The only way out was to press the power button long enough for the device to reboot. Then all was fine again.

This issue will be fixed soon.