[10.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v8.x [raphael][19/12/2020]

Search This thread
Hai guys and gals just one quick question : is there a way on system level to have both pattern and fingerprint active as way of unlocking the phone or apps trough app lock. So, thats basicly two way authentication to achieve unlock state for phone and apps. Why I'm asking is I have sensitive data on phone and want additional security in a way if someone snatch my phone if someone wants to access my phone, app or data they have to input both fingerprint and pattern/pin. Is there a way on system level and not trough separate app. If there is no way on system level then what app do you recommend?

Ggesus

Apr 15, 2018
Was wondering if it was only me who noticed that the design as well as the estimated battery capacity was removed from the battery page in the latest build (8.6.4) ?

MJ.nfl

May 8, 2019
Bug report:
1. Volume control doesn't work during phone calls while the screen is off.
2. Slim recents: Changing memory bar color and memory bar text color makes memory bar invisible.

PS: After clearing recents I've got only 2358 MB free. Is that normal amount? Just asking for opinion...

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Known bugs so far> (bug 1. and 2. I've also seen in other ROM's that I've tried)

1. Power button ends the call.
Currently (when the screen is off) you need to press the power button two times to end the call.

2. Status bar gestures - Brightness control
Adjusting brightness by sliding across the status bar doesn't work when auto brightness is on.

3. USB Tethering doesn't work.

4. Volume control doesn't work during phone calls while the screen is off.

5. Slim recents: Changing memory bar color and memory bar text color makes memory bar invisible.

Last edited:

nairitb

Jul 3, 2017
I also noticed that the estimated battery capacity was removed in this build.

Moreover, I am facing a peculiar issue with UPI apps in this build.

Since this build suggested a clean install, I did that and had to install all apps again. I have Axis Pay and SBI Pay UPI apps. Every time I reboot my phone, I am asked to re-register in these apps. The registration is successful but I can neither make a payment nor can I check balance in the connected bank accounts. However, I can add beneficiaries though.

I am not using Magisk and did not use Magisk in the previous builds. But UPI apps were working fine in previous builds.

BlackCommando

Feb 12, 2014

Since this build suggested a clean install, I did that and had to install all apps again. I have Axis Pay and SBI Pay UPI apps. Every time I reboot my phone, I am asked to re-register in these apps. The registration is successful but I can neither make a payment nor can I check balance in the connected bank accounts. However, I can add beneficiaries though.

I am not using Magisk and did not use Magisk in the previous builds. But UPI apps were working fine in previous builds.

I'm using Amazon as UPI app. Working fine for me.

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg

I'm sure you're allowing fingerprint to bypass security after reboot. Turn that setting off. It causes the problem. I don't know what happens in background upon reboot but it makes the system thinks that the security setting has changed and therefore you have to re-register.

nairitb

Jul 3, 2017
Hai guys and gals just one quick question : is there a way on system level to have both pattern and fingerprint active as way of unlocking the phone or apps trough app lock. So, thats basicly two way authentication to achieve unlock state for phone and apps. Why I'm asking is I have sensitive data on phone and want additional security in a way if someone snatch my phone if someone wants to access my phone, app or data they have to input both fingerprint and pattern/pin. Is there a way on system level and not trough separate app. If there is no way on system level then what app do you recommend?

You can go to Security Settings of your android and check the system level App Locker there.

nairitb

Jul 3, 2017
I'm sure you're allowing fingerprint to bypass security after reboot. Turn that setting off. It causes the problem. I don't know what happens in background upon reboot but it makes the system thinks that the security setting has changed and therefore you have to re-register.

I am not sure about what you meant. Did you mean Fingerprint unlock on reboot? If that's the case, I think I can't do it since my phone is encrypted. Screenshot attached.

However, it seems PayTM is working in my phone. @BlackCommando reported that Amazon UPI is working as well in their phone.

SBI Pay and Axis Pay are facing Registration loop problems. Today, I checked the latest reviews of Axis Pay app in Google Play store. Seems like some other people are facing the same issue. I suppose its not an issue with the ROM (unless they are using the same RR 8.6.4 :D).

Last edited:

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
I am not sure about what you meant. Did you mean Fingerprint unlock on reboot? If that's the case, I think I can't do it since my phone is encrypted. Screenshot attached.

However, it seems PayTM is working in my phone. @BlackCommando reported that Amazon UPI is working as well in their phone.

SBI Pay and Axis Pay are facing Registration loop problems. Today, I checked the latest reviews of Axis Pay app in Google Play store. Seems like some other people are facing the same issue. I suppose its not an issue with the ROM (unless they are using the same RR 8.6.4 :D).

Yes, that's the option I mean. Afaik, if your phone encrypted, you have to enter pin 2 times. The first one is before rebooting to the rom and the second is when you unlock the screen for the first time after reboot. The option effects the second one. If you turn it on, it will bypass so that you can unlock the phone only with fingerprint. The side effect is like your experience: you have to reregister for some apps (usually banking and financial related apps) after each reboot because somehow the security setting is changed in the background.

Had the same problem with Paypal and banking apps. Turning the option of resolve the problem.

StoopidStargazer

Mar 23, 2016
hello guys. I recently flashed this rom and I can tell that it's so smooth.
I just have a question.
I came from MIUI 12 ROM (android 10) and you could use FOD even when the screen is off.
In this ROM, I need to turn on the screen (double-tap) to access the FOD.

is there a workaround for this? or is it not supported?

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
I just have a question.
I came from MIUI 12 ROM (android 10) and you could use FOD even when the screen is off.

Fingerprint settings-Experimental features.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

nairitb

Jul 3, 2017
I just have a question.

Go to Always On in Ambient Display settings. Much easier and more options if you do that through Resurrection Tools menu.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Yes, that's the option I mean. Afaik, if your phone encrypted, you have to enter pin 2 times. The first one is before rebooting to the rom and the second is when you unlock the screen for the first time after reboot. The option effects the second one. If you turn it on, it will bypass so that you can unlock the phone only with fingerprint. The side effect is like your experience: you have to reregister for some apps (usually banking and financial related apps) after each reboot because somehow the security setting is changed in the background.

Had the same problem with Paypal and banking apps. Turning the option of resolve the problem.

Yes, that's the case. But it is already disabled in my case. And I cannot enable it anyway since my phone is encrypted. So I always have to use PIN to unlock my phone the first time after every reboot. Only after that, can I use the fingerprint unlock.

Is there any way I can send the logs to the developer? I cannot locate that option in this ROM. Earlier in Lineage OS, there was an in-built option to generate logs in the phone.

You can go to Security Settings of your android and check the system level App Locker there.

Yeah, that's all fine and dandy but I was asking if there is a way of enabling two way authentication lets say on App Lock security option. What that means is - when you want to open some app that is under app lock management you HAVE TO input both fingerprint and pattern - that's two way authentication . The same rule can be applied when you want to unlock the phone you have to use both security measures - fingerprint (pass) and then also pattern (pass) or pin (pass) - whatever you chose - when both passes are valid you can unlock the phone or app trough app lock. Its important for me cos when somebody wants to unlock lets say an particular app - if they cant unlock trough fingerprint they have an option to unlock trough pattern - but pattern can be guessed - which means somebody can access my app or data - so two way authentication will be a solution cos that somebody have to input both security measures. Is there a way - anybody?

nairitb

Jul 3, 2017
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy but I was asking if there is a way of enabling two way authentication lets say on App Lock security option. What that means is - when you want to open some app that is under app lock management you HAVE TO input both fingerprint and pattern - that's two way authentication . The same rule can be applied when you want to unlock the phone you have to use both security measures - fingerprint (pass) and then also pattern (pass) or pin (pass) - whatever you chose - when both passes are valid you can unlock the phone or app trough app lock. Its important for me cos when somebody wants to unlock lets say an particular app - if they cant unlock trough fingerprint they have an option to unlock trough pattern - but pattern can be guessed - which means somebody can access my app or data - so two way authentication will be a solution cos that somebody have to input both security measures. Is there a way - anybody?

I can understand your concern :eek: . I have a similar phobia regarding what if somebody can access my app or data because pattern lock can be guessed. That's the very reason I never use pattern unlock on my phone. I use a PIN (12-digit) on my phone. I may be wrong, but it seems PIN is the one of the toughest to crack to among the three (pattern, PIN, fingerprint).

You can use this as a temporary solution, until you find a way to implement two way authentication the way you described. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there. Does anyone managed to install Gcam + 48MP FIx on resurrection remix? I'm trying since monthes, with no success.

Gcam (7.2, 7.3, 8.1 - equal) is installed and works fine without 48MP fix.
    Magisk installed and phone is definitelly rooted.

48MP fix - troubles. If I install from celsoazevedo.com/ with specified fix - nothing happens. The module does not apper under Magisk modules. I've found a couple of other 9t pro specific fixes and indeed they were installed properly and appears in magisk(ever only one tried. Not all together :)) . But in this case gcam crashes just after granted permissions.
    build.prop HAL3 flag changed to 1 - no result

Any idea what do I do wrong? Do you have dumb prooven workaround for me?
    Can't understand where the problem is... Maybe I install under magisk wrong? I'm just installing under magisk and press restart. Then the phone goes to TWRP and... nothing... What should I do? In TWRP I just reinstall this module from TWRP and restart. Maybe this is the problem?

P.S: ANX works fine with and without 48MP fix (from ANX). But I want to have Gcam :)

Thanx alot in advance!
    Hi, I have it working for months... so I can't remember what I did but I think it worked quickly.
    Here's what I see installed in my Mi 9T Pro RR 8.6.7 related to GCam :
    GCam Urnyx05 2.5
    microG Services Core Version 0.2.13.203915
    Eszdman Mi 9T Pro v2.1 (under Magisk)

And... it works !
    I see a round button on the GCam display (bottom right) that allows me to switch between "48 MP" and "12 MP".
    I've been using RR since January, latest release its rock solid, has everything I need: call recording, screencasting, safety net pass without magisk and smart charging. Thanks to @Pavan Parmeshwar for such a great rom.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 5 minutes.
    Notice: ROM is based on MIUI Vendor. So firmware requirements are similar to that of LineageOS.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source: Prebuilt MIUI Kernel
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users.

Also this wouldn't have been possible without the support of,

Abhishek Aggarwal
    Akhil Narang
    Abdulwahab Isam

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [10.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v8.x [raphael][15/11/2020], ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    Pavan Parmeshwar, akhilnarang, varund7726
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stable MIUI Vendor of your specific region
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.5.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-13

Created 2020-08-14
    Last Updated 2020-11-15
    New build is UP!
    Changelogs:
    • Bump up to 8.5.9
    • Ability to wake screen instead of pulsing
    • Improvements to quick qs slider
    • Improvements to ime key
    • 3 new fod anim from Mi10 Ultra (neon, glow, starlight)
    • Cpu info toggle with temperature
    • Fix FOD animation on aod and screen off
    • LTE toggle
    • QS tint fixes
    • LineageOS Firewall tab in settings
    • Support for more custom headers

Download: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/ten/raphael/RROS-Q-8.5.9-20200824-raphael-Official.zip

Support Group: https://t.me/rr_raphael

Note: You need to flash Gapps and magisk after flashing this ROM if you are doing a dirty flash.
    New Build is up!

Chagelogs for 18/08/'20
    - Upstream to 8.5.8
    - Fix Call Recording on stock dialer
    - New Asus Longshot Implementation
    - Fix Advanced Reboot Issues
    - New Vowifi Icons support
    - New FPS QS tile toggle.
    - Fix Pitch Black theme issues
    - Fix Smart Charging & GPU, Battery Info in Quick QS
    - Fix multi-touch issues when enabling 3 finger Screenshot
    - Changed default FOD pressed icon to MIUI Cyan
    - Remove Settings UI blur
    - Fix Screen Off toggle when only pin was registered
    - Address some sepolicy denials
    - ResurrectionRemix Source Upstream
    - Some small fixes here and there

Note: OTA Pushed to existing users. If it doesn't, Please Dirty flash the ROM. If the ROM doesnt update via the updater, go to /data/rr_updates and dirty flash the ROM
    Dirty Flash users need to flash ROM+GAPPS. If you had installed magisk, flash that too.

Download: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/ten/raphael/RROS-Q-8.5.8-20200818-raphael-Official.zip

New Build is Up!

• Bump up to 8.6.5
    • December Security Patch
    • Translation Upstream
    • Fix network isolation for secondary users
    • Launcher updates
    • Update SoundFX libs from OP7Pro, so should fix audio crackling
    • Some other minor changes, check RR github for more info.

Note:
    • Don't ask me or anyone in the RR Team for when Android 11 is dropping. It will come eventually, do have patience. I will provide security patch updates for Android 10 as long it gets updated until we jump to Android 11 completely. As for features, if there is something you'd like which is missing, ask me in my support group and I will try my best to add them.

Download : https://get.resurrectionremix.com/ten/raphael/RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201219-raphael-Official.zip

Changelogs
    - Initial Official Build
    - Based on MIUI Kernel and is based on LOS FOD Implementation
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone