BY : @[COLOR=red]Ahmed Shaikh[/COLOR]

Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
Boot into recovery
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
Device Source
Kernel Source
Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
LineageOs Team
AICP
Crdroid
AOSIP
DU
Xtended
Evolution X
Bliss
Omni Team
And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

XDA:DevDB Information
Resurrection Remix , ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
ahmedshaikh, varund7726, SonalSingh18
Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 8.6.5
Stable Release Date: 2020-12-10

Created 2020-08-15
Last Updated 2020-10-08

Attachments

• 00ccebe2-3520-4af8-bfe4-9e486550f676.jpg
    00ccebe2-3520-4af8-bfe4-9e486550f676.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 505
  • 49d49be0-76b4-454d-b6f2-fab28a28c26b.jpg
    49d49be0-76b4-454d-b6f2-fab28a28c26b.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 65e71a38-56b6-44c8-8468-af6854285b26.jpg
    65e71a38-56b6-44c8-8468-af6854285b26.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:

kayamokid

Jan 29, 2013
Earth
anyone facing this issue? first i set it in permissive, then after a reboot in zenparts, it shows permissive but actually its in enfocing status. it not working man....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-133752456.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-133752456.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 291

negativman

Jul 19, 2010
Double tap does not work after reboot. You have to turn it off / on again in the settings.

Can I wake up the screen with a gesture (letter)? Other ROMs have it.

anubis5555

Jan 16, 2015
DT2W not work me too after reboot, always need to reenable it. Maybe not rom specific, same on crDroid. Anyway, it is one of the best rom, many many thanks devs!

SayanChakroborty

Mar 7, 2016
Kolkata
Incoming calls not showing up and Camera flash out-of-sync

I have been testing this rom since 3 or 4 releases up until the 8.6.0-20200918 release and it's surprising that no one has talked about the incoming calls not being shown until the calls end. This is a major breaking bug. I can guess that probably no one has used the rom without gapps like me (I don't use gapps, I use microg and f-droid) so maybe it's a bug with the default aosp dialer but I can confirm that the default aosp dialer works fine on other Q roms like crdroid, carbonrom. So I'm asking @ahmedshaikh to please look into this bug. It's a basic feature of a phone to receive incoming calls. I appreciate your work and love the fact that you are maintaining RR for our device which has been one of my favourite roms since more than 5 years now.

Details of what is happening when there is an incoming call:

1. If the device is locked or display is turned off, the display does not turn on though you can manually turn on display but then there is no notification heads-up or any full screen indication that there is an incoming call.

2. If the device is already unlocked and display is on and there is an incoming call, then there is still no heads-up or any indication of incoming calls.

3. But the phone rings and you can silent the ring by pressing volume buttons. This stands for all the cases (whether display is on/off).

4. After waiting till the ring ends you finally get a heads-up showing an incoming call, but nothing happens when you press Answer or Reject buttons. The heads-up stays for a couple of seconds until it goes away and you get a notification that there is a missed call.

5. Also the home button/gesture is unusable while the there is an incoming call, only back and recent buttons/gestures work.

So that sums up the situation. I have tested this multiple times.

Ok, and now I come to camera. I think it would be better to ship the rom with open camera (if possible) or at least default lineageos camera (snap) as the pre-installed google camera go does not work well with flash. I could not capture a single photo with flash turned on. But open camera worked fine (with camera2api turned on which is the default setting).

Please do tell me if there is anything else I can help you with. I really wish to keep this rom alive for as long as possible.

Last edited:

ahmedshaikh

Jul 28, 2016
Mumbai
I have been testing this rom since 3 or 4 releases up until the 8.6.0-20200918 release and it's surprising that no one has talked about the incoming calls not being shown until the calls end. This is a major breaking bug. I can guess that probably no one has used the rom without gapps like me (I don't use gapps, I use microg and f-droid) so maybe it's a bug with the default aosp dialer but I can confirm that the default aosp dialer works fine on other Q roms like crdroid, carbonrom. So I'm asking @ahmedshaikh to please look into this bug. It's a basic feature of a phone to receive incoming calls. I appreciate your work and love the fact that you are maintaining RR for our device which has been one of my favourite roms since more than 5 years now.

Details of what is happening when there is an incoming call:

1. If the device is locked or display is turned off, the display does not turn on though you can manually turn on display but then there is no notification heads-up or any full screen indication that there is an incoming call.

2. If the device is already unlocked and display is on and there is an incoming call, then there is still no heads-up or any indication of incoming calls.

3. But the phone rings and you can silent the ring by pressing volume buttons. This stands for all the cases (whether display is on/off).

4. After waiting till the ring ends you finally get a heads-up showing an incoming call, but nothing happens when you press Answer or Reject buttons. The heads-up stays for a couple of seconds until it goes away and you get a notification that there is a missed call.

5. Also the home button/gesture is unusable while the there is an incoming call, only back and recent buttons/gestures work.

So that sums up the situation. I have tested this multiple times.

Ok, and now I come to camera. I think it would be better to ship the rom with open camera (if possible) or at least default lineageos camera (snap) as the pre-installed google camera go does not work well with flash. I could not capture a single photo with flash turned on. But open camera worked fine (with camera2api turned on which is the default setting).

Please do tell me if there is anything else I can help you with. I really wish to keep this rom alive for as long as possible.

Set ur phone app as ur default app for call

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-235804927.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-235804927.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 137

SayanChakroborty

Mar 7, 2016
Kolkata
The AOSP Dialer app is the only Phone app and set as default already, though I still have manually selected the Phone app as default as that was the first thing that crossed my mind. So, no effect. Can you try reproducing the issue on your device? Just don't flash anything (gapps or magisk or microg) except the rom and try to receive an incoming call. Best of Luck.

TBC6

Aug 24, 2019
Vadodara
The AOSP Dialer app is the only Phone app and set as default already, though I still have manually selected the Phone app as default as that was the first thing that crossed my mind. So, no effect. Can you try reproducing the issue on your device? Just don't flash anything (gapps or magisk or microg) except the rom and try to receive an incoming call. Best of Luck.
Since it's not some crash or reboot issue, I think you can get logcat easily. It may help dev with understanding the issue.

badsubrat

Oct 1, 2020
Prayagraj
How to activate 'Settings - System - Gestures - Touchscreen Gestures'?
I'm enabling it, but it not working??
Please help...

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Auto rotate is not working in any app, tried using other apps as well nothing works for that.:(:(

It's working fine for me, try checking sensors settings, maybe you have disabled sensors...:good:

SayanChakroborty

Mar 7, 2016
Kolkata
Found the culprit

Since it's not some crash or reboot issue, I think you can get logcat easily. It may help dev with understanding the issue.

Strangely enough it's been working fine since I disabled the app "Sounds" that enables Google Pixel Sounds as ringtones and alert tones. I have tested with and without the Sounds app enabled and I can confirm that app is causing this incoming call issue.

Unpopular opinion: Please don't ship Google apps as system apps in RR rom. Both google apps (Google Camera Go and Sounds) are problematic and causes serious regressions. When you ship these google apps pre-installed you are basically limiting the rom to users who use gapps. There are many users who don't use gapps and actually prefer the default LineageOS apps instead. So I'm requesting OP to not ship any google apps as system apps. Yes I know I can disable those apps or better remove using magisk, but you know, users could also install those apps if they wanted with gapps. Thanks for understanding.

ahmedshaikh

Jul 28, 2016
Mumbai
Strangely enough it's been working fine since I disabled the app "Sounds" that enables Google Pixel Sounds as ringtones and alert tones. I have tested with and without the Sounds app enabled and I can confirm that app is causing this incoming call issue.

Unpopular opinion: Please don't ship Google apps as system apps in RR rom. Both google apps (Google Camera Go and Sounds) are problematic and causes serious regressions. When you ship these google apps pre-installed you are basically limiting the rom to users who use gapps. There are many users who don't use gapps and actually prefer the default LineageOS apps instead. So I'm requesting OP to not ship any google apps as system apps. Yes I know I can disable those apps or better remove using magisk, but you know, users could also install those apps if they wanted with gapps. Thanks for understanding.

Report ur problem to RR team

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

BY : @[COLOR=red]Ahmed Shaikh[/COLOR]

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix , ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    ahmedshaikh, varund7726, SonalSingh18
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 8.6.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-10

Created 2020-08-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-08
    If you like my work, you can buy me a coffee or a pizza...
    Paypal :- https://paypal.me/ahmedsk69
    UPI :- [email protected]
    We have one last update?
    Respected Dev, When are we gonna get android 11 on Resurrection Remix? We have been waiting for long now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone