Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fajormein

Aug 25, 2014
Wroclaw
17949314.png

LineageOS 17

I proudly present Lineage 17 for our Redmi 7A - pine.
Bugs
As far as I can tell, none! :D
Downloads
MOD EDIT: DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED
Gapps
You might have to install the Certification Patch!

Install guide[/CENTER]
  • Mount System in TWRP
  • Install rom from img
  • Wipe dalvik+cache
  • Install Gapps
  • Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17 for pine, ROM for the Redmi 7A

Contributors
Fajormein
ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-11-30
Last Updated 2019-11-30

Last edited by a moderator:

artaxisbored

Apr 12, 2018
Vancouver
Is this the same LOS 17 GSI image posted by Andy Yan? If so, I've loaded it and no wifi as of yet.

11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: finit_module return: -1: Required key not available
11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to load WiFi driver
11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller
11-17 03:51:08.149 710 710 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Wifi HAL start failed

depaul9999

Jul 10, 2016
Can we please confirm if this rom has wi-fi problem or not?
Since my Redmi 7A MIUI 11 is working flawlessly, is there a way to backupit and test this ROM, and possibly revert to backup?

Thanks.

jmo707

Sep 8, 2015
Rosario
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Can we please confirm if this rom has wi-fi problem or not?
Since my Redmi 7A MIUI 11 is working flawlessly, is there a way to backupit and test this ROM, and possibly revert to backup?

Thanks.

Hi depaul9999
I'm certain you could help with that. I tried the ROM, and didn't have any issue with the Wi-Fi. You could make a nandroid backup in TWRP and then try the ROM to tell us your case.

depaul9999

Jul 10, 2016
Hi depaul9999
I'm certain you could help with that. I tried the ROM, and didn't have any issue with the Wi-Fi. You could make a nandroid backup in TWRP and then try the ROM to tell us your case.

Thank you jmo707.
I tried it yesterday but I encountered two issues:
-I can compose the number but when I touch the call button it freezes until I restart the phone.
-Google Play store isn't installed by default. I downloaded APK versions of Google Play, and Google Play Services, but nevertheless Google Store keeps crashing whenever I launch it.

That's it : good Android 10 rom but maybe it still needs some improvement, and I can't complain since I was just testing and I probably missed something.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmo707

jmo707

Sep 8, 2015
Rosario
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thank you jmo707.
-I can compose the number but when I touch the call button it freezes until I restart the phone.
-Google Play store isn't installed by default. I downloaded APK versions of Google Play, and Google Play Services, but nevertheless Google Store keeps crashing whenever I launch it.

That's it : good Android 10 rom but maybe it still needs some improvement, and I can't complain since I was just testing and I probably missed something.

I don't have a clue about the phone issue, but regarding the Play Store not being installed... is that so even if you install Gapps? The only time I had to install Play Store as a package was when I installed gappless roms, with Microg.

You are probably right about the improvements still ahead. We will need to do more testing and give feedback whenever possible, since this is not exactly a wildly popular phone here en XDA and the development has his own rythm.

Reactions: depaul9999

artaxisbored

Apr 12, 2018
Vancouver
I'm following up to my comment/ask about the wifi issue. I'm sure others have had this issue as well since there is another thread that talks about this (custom GSI).

The wifi problem is based on the boot.img. If you ordered the Global edition of this phone, you may have gotten the EU version. How do you know? My guess is that you'll get the EU charger with US attachment. I ordered the Global version and got the EU one. I, mistakenly, was using the Global boot.img (and patched varieties) to boot it, and it would boot fine. But the wifi would never work. When I reverted to using the EU boot.img, it booted and had wifi working.

For those that want to replicate this: download the STOCK rom from a reputable source (try xiaomifirmwareupdater dot com/miui/pine and getdroidtips dot com/xiaomi-redmi-7-stock-firmware). Mods, please advise if these are not preferred sites for whatever reason.

• Once you get the stock rom, unzip it and look for the boot.img file. Make sure it is for your correct version (Global or EU).
  • Reboot to fastboot.
  • Run: fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Reboot.
  • Should boot fine, but I think you will need to repatch with Magisk if you use it (in TWRP).

Since doing this, the phone works fine. Let me know if there are any errors in this post.

boody shaban

Oct 11, 2014
Perfect smooth ROM. But how to root?

The ROM appears to he bugless compared to the other havocOS 3.0 gsi, only fee things don't work in lineage settings, like immersive mode. But useless tho, you can install any immersive mode apk and it will work fine. Only thing I need rn is a way to root it because the redmi 7a seems impossible to be rooted, I tried to flash magisk it says nit installed in magisk installer although in recovery it says flashed successfully. I tried SuperSU it says binary occupied. Only way I rooted this phone was on mokee os, by flashing add-on su and activating root permissions from developer options. But this ROM doesn't have built-in root which is annoying. But I'm still testing and its so stable so far. Thank you for sharing the ROM :eek:

jmo707

Sep 8, 2015
Rosario
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Hi,
I've tried to install the BitGapps provided in the OP, but the message, everytime, says "Incorrect SDK version"

I've not found the BitGapps arm32-64 binder version on the official thread, neither.

Any idea?

LilXon

Dec 15, 2019
Which one would you recommend? Mokee or is it?

The ROM appears to he bugless compared to the other havocOS 3.0 gsi, only fee things don't work in lineage settings, like immersive mode. But useless tho, you can install any immersive mode apk and it will work fine. Only thing I need rn is a way to root it because the redmi 7a seems impossible to be rooted, I tried to flash magisk it says nit installed in magisk installer although in recovery it says flashed successfully. I tried SuperSU it says binary occupied. Only way I rooted this phone was on mokee os, by flashing add-on su and activating root permissions from developer options. But this ROM doesn't have built-in root which is annoying. But I'm still testing and its so stable so far. Thank you for sharing the ROM :eek:

I'm not interested in rooting, I just want more fluency

Xiaoming Lee

Aug 16, 2019
Bug: 1 SMS can't be received, 2 camera can't shoot video, 3 black mode can't be set

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

LineageOS 17

Bugs
Downloads
v1
Gapps

Install guide
Mount System in TWRP
Install rom from img
Wipe dalvik+cache
Install Gapps
Reboot

Contributors
Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-30
Last Updated 2019-11-30

Bug: 1 SMS can't be received, 2 camera can't shoot video, 3 black mode can't be set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    17949314.png

LineageOS 17

Bugs
    Downloads
    MOD EDIT: DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED
    Gapps

Install guide[/CENTER]
    • Mount System in TWRP
    • Install rom from img
    • Wipe dalvik+cache
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

Contributors
    Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-30
    Last Updated 2019-11-30
    I'm following up to my comment/ask about the wifi issue. I'm sure others have had this issue as well since there is another thread that talks about this (custom GSI).

The wifi problem is based on the boot.img. If you ordered the Global edition of this phone, you may have gotten the EU version. How do you know? My guess is that you'll get the EU charger with US attachment. I ordered the Global version and got the EU one. I, mistakenly, was using the Global boot.img (and patched varieties) to boot it, and it would boot fine. But the wifi would never work. When I reverted to using the EU boot.img, it booted and had wifi working.

For those that want to replicate this: download the STOCK rom from a reputable source (try xiaomifirmwareupdater dot com/miui/pine and getdroidtips dot com/xiaomi-redmi-7-stock-firmware). Mods, please advise if these are not preferred sites for whatever reason.

• Once you get the stock rom, unzip it and look for the boot.img file. Make sure it is for your correct version (Global or EU).
    • Reboot to fastboot.
    • Run: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Reboot.
    • Should boot fine, but I think you will need to repatch with Magisk if you use it (in TWRP).

Since doing this, the phone works fine. Let me know if there are any errors in this post.
    Hi depaul9999

Thank you jmo707.

Thank you jmo707.

I don't have a clue about the phone issue, but regarding the Play Store not being installed... is that so even if you install Gapps? The only time I had to install Play Store as a package was when I installed gappless roms, with Microg.

You are probably right about the improvements still ahead. We will need to do more testing and give feedback whenever possible, since this is not exactly a wildly popular phone here en XDA and the development has his own rythm.
    @Fajormein thank you for your work on this. Do you intend this project to become [OFFICIAL] LOS17?