Development [10.05.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
Have you ever experienced any issues with the top MIC after using v4a?

In my last 2 phones, Note 5 and S9+, when being on loudspeaker in a call, the other side would hear me poorly, it's almost as if once I install v4a, something happens to my top mics.

So although I want it now on the s21u, I am kinda scared. And I know it makes no sense as logically v4a is not supposed to touch the mic but.. :/
Hello. I've tested it using voice recorder, they seem to be working fine. I set the recorder to stereo mode, spoke to top and bottom mic. I played the recorded voice, I can hear my voice panning without distortion or voice getting weaker. So I assume they are fine.

Or your problem occurs only when on a loudspeaker in a call?

Reactions: babyboy3265

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Hello. I've tested it using voice recorder, they seem to be working fine. I set the recorder to stereo mode, spoke to top and bottom mic. I played the recorded voice, I can hear my voice panning without distortion or voice getting weaker. So I assume they are fine.

Or your problem occurs only when on a loudspeaker in a call?
    Sadly my issue seems to be in the top MIC regardless of the situation. It's there even when performing the sound loop test. So I would assume either my mic is damaged or it got full of dust somehow. Probably it is just a coincidence that it happened and has nothing to do with v4a.

Thanks though!

Srbija2012

• Apr 12, 2012
    Canberra
    Thats something i wanna know too,couldnt get it to work with the new patch😑
    @zidane02 posted these steps on the previous page, and it worked for me.. You will need a root file explorer.. the SH file you need is also on page 6, post #102, you will need to download that first, then follow the instructions below.

Install in order

Viper4androidFX via Magisk
    Reboot
    Audio Modification Library via magisk
    Reboot
    Push the file to data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/ that i have uploaded and set permission 644
    (it should now be data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/post-fs-data.sh)
    Reboot
    Open viper, set to legacy mode, then check if status is now normal

Thats what i did when i can't make it work. the .sh file did the trick.

Reactions: zidane02
    What version of ViperFX do people recommend with this rom?
    Thats something i wanna know too,couldnt get it to work with the new patch😑
    @zidane02 posted these steps on the previous page, and it worked for me.. You will need a root file explorer.. the SH file you need is also on page 6, post #102, you will need to download that first, then follow the instructions below.

Install in order

Viper4androidFX via Magisk
    Reboot
    Audio Modification Library via magisk
    Reboot
    Push the file to data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/ that i have uploaded and set permission 644
    (it should now be data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/post-fs-data.sh)
    Reboot
    Open viper, set to legacy mode, then check if status is now normal

Thats what i did when i can't make it work. the .sh file did the trick.
    Yeah i readed the post carefully and i got it working
    Thanks anyway😝

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Hello! Does this rom works with SM-G998N version?
    Thank you.
    N must be the Single Sim Korean version of the phone?

In this case it will most likely work, but it would be best to get a confirmation from the Doc.

A while ago I got a Korean Note 9, which I flashed with a standard B version ROM and it works flawlessly.

The N and B are practically the same, other than maybe just the single sim..?

Valt101

Sep 8, 2017
    N must be the Single Sim Korean version of the phone?

In this case it will most likely work, but it would be best to get a confirmation from the Doc.

A while ago I got a Korean Note 9, which I flashed with a standard B version ROM and it works flawlessly.

The N and B are practically the same, other than maybe just the single sim..?
    I think so too. G998N is Korean Single-sim phone so i hoping it could work.
    I think i will wait till Doc confirms.

matth.nicolas

Sep 8, 2011
    I don't know if due to stock ROM or this ROM but... In landscape mode in camera app press "more" button in shoot modes will force close camera app...
    Only me or general bug?
    Video: Camera bug

Good Sunday everyone!
    Matt

Last edited:

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
    Sadly my issue seems to be in the top MIC regardless of the situation. It's there even when performing the sound loop test. So I would assume either my mic is damaged or it got full of dust somehow. Probably it is just a coincidence that it happened and has nothing to do with v4a.

Thanks though!

But that's very weird. You said you had that problem on your 2 previous phones. 3 phones in a row (including your S21U). Maybe some software conflicting the mic? I can't assume. The best way to test is perform a factory reset. Install v4a only and its related modules then test. If mics work, then some of your software probably is the culprit. I doubt that your mic is damaged or caught a lot of dust since it is new.

I have tried, same problem....

How was it? Did you manage to resolve your issue? Is it present when you were still on Stock ROM?

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    But that's very weird. You said you had that problem on your 2 previous phones. 3 phones in a row (including your S21U). Maybe some software conflicting the mic? I can't assume. The best way to test is perform a factory reset. Install v4a only and its related modules then test. If mics work, then some of your software probably is the culprit. I doubt that your mic is damaged or caught a lot of dust since it is new.
    No no the issue is only on my previous 2 phones. The s21u is fine but i have not yet installed v4a due to my fear haha :D

The v4a being a culprit was just a theory. It seems more likely that the top MIC of the 2 previous phones got clogged with dust and maybe humidity reinforced the clogging. From steam in the shower to 60-70% humidity in the air where I live, could all be related. I would assume that the hole leading to the top mics is narrower than the hole on the bottom mic so that is why the bottom mics work fine overall :D Too many theories haha

Reactions: zidane02

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
    I have tried, same problem....

No no the issue is only on my previous 2 phones. The s21u is fine but i have not yet installed v4a due to my fear haha :D

The v4a being a culprit was just a theory. It seems more likely that the top MIC of the 2 previous phones got clogged with dust and maybe humidity reinforced the clogging. From steam in the shower to 60-70% humidity in the air where I live, could all be related. I would assume that the hole leading to the top mics is narrower than the hole on the bottom mic so that is why the bottom mics work fine overall :D Too many theories haha
    I see. Then you can try installing v4a now, you can just undo everything related to viper if things gone bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Testing now R03 (May security Patch)
      If no major bug found then it will be released tomorrow.
      ChangeLog R03

• Based on G998BXXU3AUDA May 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
      • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
      • ROM Tool added option to remove warning text on bootsplash.
      • Magisk canary verson included (Needs for safetynet fix)
      Samsung base update ChangeLog :
      • The performance of Camera has been improved
      • Enhanced Quick Share
      • Improve file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quick Share.
      • The security of your device has been improved.

IMPORTANT : New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.

TweaksPro recommended version is 1.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
      - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
      - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
      - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
      - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
      - Removed carrier bloatwares
      - More secure OEM patch.
      - High Volume warning disabled
      - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
      - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
      - Internet browser Secret mode
      - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
      - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
      • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
      • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
      • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
        1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
        2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
      • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
      • StatusBar Icons
        1. Show/Hide stock battery
        2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
        3. show/hide stock clock
        4. show/hide 3minit clock
      • ROM Control - See below
      • Mods & Fix
        1. Titanium backup FC fix
        2. Google Pay Fix
        3. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
        4. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
        5. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      • Update & Fix
      - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
        • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
        • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
      PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide :
      Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
      Installation guide included in zip inside
      Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
      : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
      R03 is On line now.

Thank you guys for keeping patience. Situation is improving little now.
      Downloaded latest base today, hopefully start working tomorrow (can't promise though). Expecting to release before weekend.
      Stay healthy....
      Thank you guys for keeping patience. Situation is improving little now.
      Downloaded latest base today, hopefully start working tomorrow (can't promise though). Expecting to release before weekend.
      G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
      Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
      ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Stock
      ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2021-03-15
      Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
      - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
      - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

R03 is On line now.

ChangeLog R03

• Based on G998BXXU3AUDA May 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
      • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
      • ROM Tool added option to remove warning text on bootsplash.
      • Magisk canary verson included (Needs for safetynet fix)
      Samsung base update ChangeLog :
      • The performance of Camera has been improved
      • Enhanced Quick Share
      • Improve file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quick Share.
      • The security of your device has been improved.

IMPORTANT : New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.

TweaksPro recommended version is 1.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
      - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
      - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
      - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
      - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
      - Removed carrier bloatwares
      - More secure OEM patch.
      - High Volume warning disabled
      - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
      - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
      - Internet browser Secret mode
      - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
      - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
      • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
      • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
      • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
        1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
        2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
      • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
      • StatusBar Icons
        1. Show/Hide stock battery
        2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
        3. show/hide stock clock
        4. show/hide 3minit clock
      • ROM Control - See below
      • Mods & Fix
        1. Titanium backup FC fix
        2. Google Pay Fix
        3. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
        4. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
        5. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      • Update & Fix
      - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
        • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
        • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
      PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide :
      Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
      Installation guide included in zip inside
      Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
      : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
      Testing now R03 (May security Patch)
      If no major bug found then it will be released tomorrow.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone