Development [CLOSED] [21.08.23] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 5.1 I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
Are any of you guys using the XDA version of the ROM and with the Wakelock fix enabled noticing that after some time the wakelock starts going hayware by itself?

adfd68a8-f904-422d-bb93-3e595288e3ee.jpeg

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Are any of you guys using the XDA version of the ROM and with the Wakelock fix enabled noticing that after some time the wakelock starts going hayware by itself?
If it showing 61 wakelock in 21 hrs then it is normal. As explained in previous page still wakelock will happen while screen is on on XDA version, but that doesn't make much drainage as device is alrteady awake.
Once try disabling fix and keep device in pocket and walk for few minutes, it will show difference.
Also I suggest you to use BBS instead of Gsam app and look into Partial wakelocks, which will show better stats and battery drain with wakelocks

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
If it showing 61 wakelock in 21 hrs then it is normal. As explained in previous page still wakelock will happen while screen is on on XDA version, but that doesn't make much drainage as device is alrteady awake.
Once try disabling fix and keep device in pocket and walk for few minutes, it will show difference.
Also I suggest you to use BBS instead of Gsam app and look into Partial wakelocks, which will show better stats and battery drain with wakelocks

Thank you. Will do.

sco00262

Mar 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm having lock screen issue after reboot. If i set any secure lock like 4 numbers .fingerprint....., i'll get situation like the file attached. Only slide to unlock will be fine. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20210612_060632.mp4
    34.9 MB · Views: 0

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
When you seeking help, media should be in English so other can read what is written/error there
Right? They just can't understand... So many people from so many countries and different languages and most ask for help and supply with supportive stuff in their own language. Like we are all obliged to speak everyone's languages..

Last edited:

timofonic

Right? They just can't understand... So many people from so many countries and different languages and most ask for help and supply with supportive stuff in their own language. Like we are all obliged to speak everyone's languages..

That's one of the reasons all MY devices are in English, preferably American one (I prefer words such as "favorite" instead "favourite", for example).

Reactions: babyboy3265
Your phone having both eSIM and Dual Sim menu option is some sort of mistake and likely just due to a regional bug in the software. Once you install the ROM and change the CSC (region) then the simcard options will likely just be DS.
Just looking to clarify. I haven't rooted yet but my 998B/DS has both dual SIM and eSIM. When I switch to eSIM, which I did when I went to the US last month and used an Ubigi eSIM, it switched off the second SIM and when I got back and turned on the second SIM, it switched off the eSIM. TLDR: I can choose dual SIM or primary SIM plus eSIM. That's not something I am willing to give up if you are saying installing Dr Ketan's ROM will take this away.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Just looking to clarify. I haven't rooted yet but my 998B/DS has both dual SIM and eSIM. When I switch to eSIM, which I did when I went to the US last month and used an Ubigi eSIM, it switched off the second SIM and when I got back and turned on the second SIM, it switched off the eSIM. TLDR: I can choose dual SIM or primary SIM plus eSIM. That's not something I am willing to give up if you are saying installing Dr Ketan's ROM will take this away.
Well that is indeed peculiar. If you went to the US and the esim function worked, then it is not a bug as i initially thought. The strange thing is that we have the same model phone but I don't have the esim option. However, my CSC is EUR. And yours must be different. Installing the KETAN rom does not change the CSC so logically the esim option would remain there. But @dr.ketan should confirm just in case.

Well that is indeed peculiar. If you went to the US and the esim function worked, then it is not a bug as i initially thought. The strange thing is that we have the same model phone but I don't have the esim option. However, my CSC is EUR. And yours must be different. Installing the KETAN rom does not change the CSC so logically the esim option would remain there. But @dr.ketan should confirm just in case.

I imported mine from Amazon Germany. My service provider software version is
SAOMC_SM-998B_OXM_DBT_RR_0010
DBT/DBT.DBT/EUX/DBT

I just assumed mine was the same as all other 998B from Europe. Makes it even more difficult when sourcing a phone if you cannot be sure what you are getting.

I was really pleased I could use an eSIM in the US as I did not have to try and find a local SIM and when I am home I normally use two local SIMs.

EDIT: By the way, Samsung Germany has a good record of replying to questions about specification of new phones asked on Amazon.de. They even answered a couple of mine before I bought it.

Last edited:

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
@dr.ketan Hi Doc! How can i disable fullscreen gesture? Long press to disable isn't working in tweaks pro.

Edit: All good now.
I also just turned it on and wanted it off immediately but long press and reboot doesn't work.

Go to the settings of the phone, then disable and re-enable the nav bar and press whatever you see and it will re-appear.

Edit: I noticed you figured it out but I don't know how to delete my post now :D

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I have 2 question regarding the ROM tool PRO.

1. has anyone tried the battery protector option that charges it to 85% max and is it safe?

2. Has anyone tried turning on the volume boost options and what is the difference? Any issues?

zmajns

Jun 13, 2021
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I am using dr ketans roms for a long time and never encountered this, I will try. I am trying to do a backup via TitaniumBackup and I simply can't copy the folder with files. Seems permission related, I tried some suggestions like chmod 755 via twrp, but it doesn't do the trick. If I copy something into the folder, I can copy those files out, but the files that are made my TitaniumBackup on the device, I can't. It just says "something went wrong"

Xaro2491

Nov 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It is possible that Titanium Backup is too old for Android 11. The last update of this app was at the end of '19. I also had problems with restoring apps and app datas. There is a better and newer app to make backups. Its called Swift Backup.

Reactions: timofonic

zmajns

Jun 13, 2021
It is possible that Titanium Backup is too old for Android 11. The last update of this app was at the end of '19. I also had problems with restoring apps and app datas. There is a better and newer app to make backups. Its called Swift Backup.
I don't know, it seems to still be a de facto standard. @dr.ketan since tb is included, can the folder be unlocked by default in some newer version of rom, or maybe via Pro Tools for subscribers?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I don't know, it seems to still be a de facto standard. @dr.ketan since tb is included, can the folder be unlocked by default in some newer version of rom, or maybe via Pro Tools for subscribers?
As said above TB is mess now and should earlier go with other tool (I am using Swift Backup).
Try this
Copy TitaniumBackup folder on root of storage →
In Titanium → menu → preference → backup folder location → select Storage provider file system (click here) → selectDocumenProvide storage → it will open file explorer, set TitaniumBackup folder you keep on Int storage - and then select allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

Supported device : G998B

We do support usually 2-3 years since device launched, but yet no guarantee, We may drop support for any device / any variant/s anytime without any prior notice.

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @afaneh92 for TWRP, system/vendor rw scripts and modules. @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : Link removed as project hold off. It will be live if we decide to re-open thread. Thank you for support.

Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    Here some my thoughts and explanation about TWRP backup and restore

Firstly brief explanation about what does partition contains.
    • Boot : It is Kernel
    • Recovery : It is Recovery
    • super : That contains odm,product,system and vendor partitoin all togather.
    • optics : CSC files (where we routinely making changes for csc features) and network settings depending on your carrier
    • prism : carrier related apps and other stuff . In odin when you flash CSC*_ or Home_CSC* these two optics and prism gets flashed.
    • data : That is all your installed app and made changes in settings

Now what to backup/restore?
    • boot - Helps if something messed up with magisk or waht to restore kernel after flashing custom.
    • recovery - usually it doesn't require but if you flash some other recovery(TWRP) and you want to restore one in backup, that helps
    • super : As stated above these is main system, if something you have messed up in system/vendor (usually with flashing something, or erasing something) you can restore by super.img.
    • optics and prism : as explained above are CSC files, Rather than restoring it, I prefer to flash HOME_CSC*.tar.md5 to make csc compartment clean. So to backup or not not much important.
    • data : This very sensible part. I prefer to make data backup when there is no samsung a/c or Lockscreen protection there. Also don't restore it cross version of ROM. Also some common mistakes user making is, He/She clen install ROM and then restore data partiton of previous ROM. This is worst then even dirty installing ROM, never do it. It is just false sense of satisfaction that you made a clean install. According me, data partiton backup best to be made just after complete clean install ROM and setting up device without adding any account and lockscreen protection. So when you restore this backup, you will have a device just like you recently completed clean install and save your time to setup initial wizard
    Backup Application,Call logs,Contacts,SMS etc

Titanium backup was ruling for decade for these but since A11 it's not trust worthy and on A12 almost useless.
    Swift Backup is now my choice (Some other like Migrate, App dash (by RD XDA dev flar2) also alternatives)
    For contacts : I do prefer google sync. Just adding google ac everything will be restore on it's own, provided you are saving contacts in google. In case you want to make off line backup of contact, there is a built in utility in phone. Contact - settings - export - This will create a file. Similarly browse same file while you want to import contacts. Catch in this is your contact image will not retain size and it just backup thumbnail picture.
    Only one utilility I have found that makes offline contact backup without distoring image quality is My Phone Explore client (needs on both PC and Phone). Also this utility is best for wireless file manager.

Schheduled backup - A must needed utility.

I always prefer clean installation (Factory reset withot wiping media files) and really it takes less than 30 minutes to setup everything.
    If you enable schedule backup utility in your Backup app (e.g Swift backup have this) and make some profile like
    1.Backup - new app at X time then it will auto backup all app that you have new installed at given time
    2.Backup updated app at x time - This will make backup of any app that you have updated in store will backup at given time
    3.Any app which get data changes frequently and you needs data changes like whatsapp then create a profile favorite app - add whatsapp in favorite and schedule it to make backup daily at given time.

with these your device always remain ready to clean install anytime instead of last moment backup or some urgent clean install needed.

Also Folder Sync is good utility if you needs duplicate copy of files from Internal storage with scheduled operation.

Hope this may helpful and answer lots of queries for many.