[10/10/13]neXusKERNEL v4.0 with Sweep2Wake ALPHA [JB]

Search This thread

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
you havent switched to the correct tree (https://github.com/ProtoU/neXusKERNEL/tree/s2w). I always keep my github updated with local changes.
Thanks, my github skills are a little rusty. :laugh:

Been testing alpha build in meantime, woke up from deep sleep this morning with a swipe (two actually). Wonder if I'm gonna be another perfect tester. :p

Edit: BTW, for live kmsg,
adb shell cat /proc/kmsg
Sorry if it was already figured out. Just realized my successful wake this morning may have been bugged. Haven't used s2w since then, so it should be easy to spot the flags in last_kmsg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Jay

-Johan

Jan 31, 2013
Noob question incoming.. How would I install this? Installing it with the toolkit doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

Tresox

Aug 7, 2013
Noob question incoming.. How would I install this? Installing it with the toolkit doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

Just boot into bootloader and choose fastboot.
Make sure that the kernel is named boot.img NOT boot1.img or boot.img(1) .
Then connect your phone on your PC with a usb.
Open your toolkit and select install kernel, it's gonna say phone not detected.
So close that window and another one will popup and then it's done:D

Reactions: -Johan

-Johan

Jan 31, 2013
In fastboot do ''fastboot flash boot kernelname.img'' with cmd

Just boot into bootloader and choose fastboot.
Make sure that the kernel is named boot.img NOT boot1.img or boot.img(1) .
Then connect your phone on your PC with a usb.
Open your toolkit and select install kernel, it's gonna say phone not detected.
So close that window and another one will popup and then it's done:D

So I did the right thing before, how long is the 'waiting for device' window meant to be there though? It doesn't seem to be closing.
Thanks for the replies!

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
So I did the right thing before, how long is the 'waiting for device' window meant to be there though? It doesn't seem to be closing.
Thanks for the replies!
It should close as soon as you connect the device via cable. Do you happen to be working on Windows 8? If so, you'll need to do this on an older box or from the terminal in a linux distro until HTC updates the drivers to be Windows 8 compatible. Even if you don't have windows 8, try on a different machine anyway, low-level drivers tend to be weird. If you happen to have an android tablet with a usb port, there are arm builds of fastboot as well.

Reactions: -Johan

-Johan

Jan 31, 2013
It should close as soon as you connect the device via cable. Do you happen to be working on Windows 8? If so, you'll need to do this on an older box or from the terminal in a linux distro until HTC updates the drivers to be Windows 8 compatible. Even if you don't have windows 8, try on a different machine anyway, low-level drivers tend to be weird. If you happen to have an android tablet with a usb port, there are arm builds of fastboot as well.

Well yeah, I have Windows 8. I'll try it on another computer when I can get my hands on one, thanks!

Edit: Well, now it doesn't automaticly reboot to the bootloader and says 'can't find path 'C\users\pcname''. It does open a reboot CMD after exiting the 'can't find path' one now, though.

Last edited:

McGrady

Aug 18, 2009
i hate my new Desire X for the PowerButton before i use your Sweep2Wake feature ;) now its no problem to wake up the phone... Thank You !
But there are there any chances of success for a solution to the display problem? I know the problem is known. The funny thing is sometimes it works without reboot.

When I turn on the screen, I sometimes can not pull the lockscreen ring. Screen on and off after press the power-button. But can not do anything.
Press Screen off.... wait a little ... then sometimes goes again. Sometimes wait a little longer

can i help ... More information, logcat or something else?

kostovdean

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for testing.... Yes, there are buggy wakeup by sweep sometimes which cause hangup.... Known issue, but I will try to fix it when I find some free time from office....

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Why don't you make several kernels for testing so we can report back?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Why don't you make several kernels for testing so we can report back?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

As i said, i cant find time... if you guys wanna help me here, find some patterns, do this...
Any compiler out there, please make a boot.img using my tree
https://github.com/ProtoU/neXusKERNEL/tree/s2w

After you have forked it, go in below file:
https://github.com/ProtoU/neXusKERN...4cfe63/drivers/input/touchscreen/himax8526a.c

Put some flags in suspend, resume, earlysuspend, and early resume functions.... compile it... and post the boot.img here

THen people flash it, use the s2w a lot of times, copy the kmsg from device, and post here.... reading that kmsg, and the flag sequnce when a freeze occurs, we can find the culprit and go on debugging it.

So anyone up for it?

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Can someone actually describe me how the freezes were? I am asking it in the point of view of a user and not a developer.

filipcar

Jun 17, 2013
Belgrade
Can someone actually describe me how the freezes were? I am asking it in the point of view of a user and not a developer.

For me the freezes were happening when you unlock your phone (button or swipe) you cant do anything the screen is not responding .You can still unlock and lock your phone with swipe2wake and the only solution i to wait(hour or something ) or just reboot .Maybe it wont freeze if you disable lockscreen , maybe the lock screen freezes i dont know i forgot to test it im on V3 and its awesome and it is great for the battery.
Hope this helped.

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan

The resume function to wake screen called by a Swype sometimes remained incomplete... Causing the touch screen to be disabled.... However display lights up.... If you wait a couple of minutes, the kernel sorts out the bug, recovers, and then swipes work again....

Just the temporary screen disable caused by some buggy swipes is the issue.... Otherwise it work ok 90% of the time

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ladalgigi

alkox

Dec 19, 2012
Mumbai
any idea when desire x will get complete s2w...
I will have to rely on it as my power button is almost dead.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: //.dax

McGrady

Aug 18, 2009
When I turn on the screen, I sometimes can not pull the lockscreen ring. Screen on and off after press the power-button. But can not do anything.
Press Screen off.... wait a little ... then sometimes goes again. Sometimes wait a little longer, than goes again or i must restart the DX.
When the Screen is on without Touchscreen working i test the vol + and vol - keys and this works! But it probably seems to be a pure touchscreen problem.
After i Install no-frills cpi with 1008 ghz, 245 mhz smartass V2 and bfq I have a feeling that the problem is not so common. But just a feeling;)

it would be awesome if S2W would run stable! :good:

McGrady

Aug 18, 2009
i know... but InfinityShooter ask if a user can describe the error. or have I misunderstood?

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Debug Build

Here you go, debug build as requested by nexus PRIME (Sorry for being late, I was too busy with school to do big stuff)

Instructions for testers:
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in developer settings!
1. Test till the screen freezes.
2. Once you get it to freeze, hold down the power button till your phone reboots (It should display a message saying "Your phone is rebooting in [x] seconds" or something similar)
3. Once rebooted, connect your phone to your PC and type the following command in a command prompt.
Code:
adb pull /proc/last_kmsg KernelLog.txt
This will generate a file called "KernelLog.txt" in the working directory.
Post KernelLog.txt to this thread with any other information you can provide about the circumstances!
Thanks in advance to all testers.

Attachments

• nexus4_debug.img
    4.6 MB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting...
    neXusKERNEL
    with SWEEP2WAKE (alpha)
    by neXusPRIME

CHANGELOG:
    V4.0
    1. Sweep2Wake........ do you want anything else??? :highfive::highfive:
    It is in alpha mode, so dont blame me for bugs, use v3.

V3.0

V2.0
    1. Added "BFQ Scheduler", my favourite
    2. Added experimental GPU OC

V1.0
    1. HTC Write protection disabled.
    2. Enabled swap support.*
    3. Added scheduler "sio"
    4. Added Smartassv2 governor
    5. HTC perflock disabled
    6. Enable KSM support (Flash zip in link to enable KSM http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38569436&postcount=8)
    7. No modules needed, everything inside boot.img
    8. Init.d supported. Use app in link to verify init.d support http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849

DOWNLOADS (JB):

OLD ICS VERSIONS:

V3: http://d-h.st/7C6
    OLD VERSION: V2: http://d-h.st/HcS
    OLD VERSION: V1: http://d-h.st/dOq

SOURCE:

CREDITS
    atis112 - for My 1st ClassRoom
    cybojenix - for S2W
    galaxyfreak - for S2W
    helicopter88 - for S2W
    zarboz - for S2W
    franco-c - for USB Fast Charge
    cute_prince - for OC attempts, not final yet
    KonstaT - for general performance patches
    and maybe a few others
    Guys
    New release
    http://d-h.st/zuB

Version 2
    1. Added "BFQ Scheduler", my favourite
    2. Added experimental GPU OC

Recommended settings for max performance:
    GOV=SMARTASSV2
    IOSCHED=BFQ
    MIN=245
    MAX=1000

Features will come at a crawling pace, because i want to make every release BUG-FREE. Stability is first priority, features is last.

Regards
    Yasir
    Behold...V3 is LIVE.

Feature/Changelog:
    1. FAST CHARGE toggle

Background:
    When you connect Phone via USB cable, it charges using 0.5A current by default
    When you connect Phone via Wall charger, it charges using 1A current by default

What this FEATURE Does???
    Ans: When you are connected via USB, the current drawn is 0.5A by default. but when you activate FAST_CHARGE, the Phone thinks the USB cable is AC adapter and draws the current as if it was AC charger hence charging your phone faster.

How to toggle???
    Using terminal/adb to change value of this "/sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge" to "1". Change to "0" to turn it off.
    Using a Play Store app e.g. "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.org.winters.android.gnfastcharge&hl=en"

SEE ATTACHED PICS FOR REFERENCE.

Is it Safe?
    Yes, coz the laptop USB2.0 and above can Easily give out the required current and you are not super charging, just using what AC adaptor gives, so phone wont be damaged

Are you SURE its safe??
    NO, im not sure... Like everything in the world, it could go wrong. Damage your battery, usb port, or Phone itself. So dont come crying to me. Please.

So Enough talking, where is it ???
    http://d-h.st/84i LINK UPDATED, first release was bugged, this is ok

PROCEDURE TO USE:
    1. UNPLUG ALL CABLES.
    2. TOGGLE using script or Play Store APP to turn fast_charge ON
    3. CONNECT Cable

PROOF:
    Some might think its just a value spoof, however see the this value while fast charge OFF, and again while ON.
    "/sys/devices/platform/msm_otg/msm_hsusb/gadget/chg_current"
    Its value changes on AC adaptor and USB cable.

Have a nice time. I need DETAILED REPORTS comparing charging time using fast charge and without it on USB cable.... plus compare AC adaptor charge time with Fast charge enabled USB cable.
    Always delivering quality at a SLOW and STEADY pace...........
    Guys i have the best feature yet to be announced for our beloved Dx User.

SWEEP2WAKE is HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No freezes from the day you released :p Happened just today that some invisible touches were happening when I unlocked my phone, I checked no oil/water drop on screen...

those are not invisible touches i think.... the sweep vector extends and release function is triggering a bit late.
    The normal length of vector unlocks the phone, but the remaining extension causes the phantom touches. I'm working full time on fixing this.... dont worry. either the bug will leave, or i will:silly: