[10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.3][2.3.7][Stable]

Search This thread

kushdeck

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2007
kila kali
www.dev-host.org
Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
For information about rooting, please go to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=932153

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

[size=+1]For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..[/size]
[size=+1]We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #gingerbread-deck on freenode..[/size]

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
gingerbread shift 1.3 Stable
Gapps 8-28-2011
Gapps 8-28-2011 with Voicemail

[size=+1]*Official thread and ALL Downloads*[/size]
[size=+1]*Issue Tracker*[/size]
[size=+1]*Changelog*[/size]

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery.
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
-deck

Last edited:

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
I'm going to check this out...man I've flashed my phone like 6 times this weekend lol. What's the one with voicemail, is that the sprint vvm?

Sent from my CM7 powered Shift

Last edited:

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
many thanks. Looking forward to getting home and flashing this. I enjoyed your ROM on my Evo. I'm sure this will be more of the same goodness.

Aaargh!

Jan 19, 2011
California
Just curious if hot-spot and 4g work? Love all these different roms, but have no desire to use one that does not have these options. Thanks for the work.

drob311

in reference to flashing a custom kernel, are there any custom kernels available to flash with gingerbread yet?

You can flash any of the aosp kernels that work on the latest releases cm7 or evervolv. Bcnice has a couple, x99 has one and scaryghoul has 1. There probably are more than that but that's all I got off the top of my head...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: voshell

thehawdis

Feb 8, 2011
I just loaded this ROM to try it out and agreeably it was SUPER FAST to boot and use. Big problem I noticed right away after letting the phone sit for about 15 minutes idle the phone was very hot to to the touch (stock kernel that came with rom), freaked me out and i nandroided back to CM7

nbunn

Oct 1, 2009
I just loaded this ROM to try it out and agreeably it was SUPER FAST to boot and use. Big problem I noticed right away after letting the phone sit for about 15 minutes idle the phone was very hot to to the touch (stock kernel that came with rom), freaked me out and i nandroided back to CM7

Didn't have a temperature problem for me. Nice to see something new in here. Thanks! I've got a new daily!;)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010

Did you check your clock speed? May have been set funny or set on performance.

bobtsunam

Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
Is there an option to lock home screens in portrait? Looked through settings and didn't see anything aside from the auto-rotate. Would like to lock home screens in portrait and let everything else auto-rotate.

<Blaze One>

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You can flash any of the aosp kernels that work on the latest releases cm7 or evervolv. Bcnice has a couple, x99 has one and scaryghoul has 1. There probably are more than that but that's all I got off the top of my head...

The kernels you speak of work with 2.3.4? I was under the impression they did not.....

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

karnoff

Jan 18, 2010
just flashed this. I'm going to be using this for a little now and check how batt life is on it.

drob311

The kernels you speak of work with 2.3.4? I was under the impression they did not.....

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

The new cm7 and evervolv are 2.3.4... Only the latest releases of the kernels will work... I'm not sure exactly which ones but I ran cm7 for last couple months and bc's kernel and the stock cm7 kernel worked best on my shift.

I'm almost positive that the kernel devs state in their threads if the kernel will work with 2.3.4...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
    For information about rooting, please go to:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=932153

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

[size=+1]For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..[/size]
    [size=+1]We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #gingerbread-deck on freenode..[/size]

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
    gingerbread shift 1.3 Stable
    Gapps 8-28-2011
    Gapps 8-28-2011 with Voicemail

*Install Instructions*
    1. Reboot into recovery.
    2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
    3. Wipe Everything.
    4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
    5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
    6. Flash gapps zip.
    6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
    7. Reboot.
    8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
    -deck
    Can someone post a mirror to the latest update thanks?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

Here ya go.

Shift-deck-1.2x: http://db.tt/ya5h5cn

Google apps with vm: http://db.tt/xA9aFNt

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App
    Also - does anyone know if there's a way to keep netflix fromk checking if there is an update (or where the newest version is???)

Thanks!

Here's the newest version of Netflix http://db.tt/yhIKmZC it's been running perfect on this ROM.

1.2.1 has been released! please check changelog and OP for more information.

-deck
    Could you post a link of which Scary kernel your using..? I've tried the most recent one that I know of but can't get past the HTC screen.

I downloaded and installed it from kernel manager. It's his scary stable v2.0 for aosp.

<Blaze One>