[10 Dec 2009] Morphgear HD2 porting (Emulator for NES, SNES, Gameboy, etc..)

Search This thread

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
I Started porting Morphgear 2.4.0.9 to work better on our beloved HD2 (actually for every WVGA, but don't expect much without 1GHZ and multitouch)

If you find my work useful please so I can keep maintain it, thanks

Done
v0.8 <--latest, get this

v0.7
* first multithreaded sound & input morphgear

v0.6
* reduced some landscape latency

v0.5
* Yet another multitouch fix, this one reduces some lag.
* Replaced Cutom File Dialog to useful one. for the native wm file dialog, go to Global Settings -> Tweak -> uncheck Custom File Dialog

v0.4
* fixed multitouch
* gamepad (any gamepad) now underlays the game on landscape mode (east/west orientation)
* added WVGA landscape pad (choose on each module settings with arrows and enter key) best use with "Auto Scale" screen size, so you can see part of the pad on the sides
* fix in global settings - double click selects item on combo box

v0.3
* added tactile feedback (enable/disable) to global settings
* rescaled the menu icons
* rescaled the default game pad (so its not necessary to install the WVGA skin)
* added the SNES module to the cab

v0.2
* added real multi-touch to game pad (HD2 only)
* fixed tactile feedback
* added shortcut in start menu -> games

v0.1
* Rebuilt Morphgear with larger space to menu icons (but didn't replace the icons them self, just made them clickable on HD2)
* Added tactile feedback (vibration) to Virtual Game Pad

ToDo
* transparent overlay gamepad for landscape mode
* Probably more stuff..

How to use it?
* Install my rebuilded cab from this thread
* optional - Install WVGA virtual pad from here (follow all the instructions)
* Install desired modules from Morphgear official website
* Google for the game roms

What Not
* I Can't replace the settings screen as it precompiled into the modules. find your way around it, mostly by using the keyboard arrows and Enter for selection (double-clicking on item might work as well)
* I Won't answer generic usage questions, please help each other / search on Google
* I Won't develop game pads, it can be done easily if anyone is up to it, just check the WVGA skin posted here..

Attachments

• MorphGear2.4.0.9_HD2v0.4.CAB
    3.2 MB · Views: 6,214
  • MorphGear2.4.0.9_HD2v0.6.CAB
    3 MB · Views: 2,409
  • MorphGear2.4.0.9_HD2v0.8.CAB
    3 MB · Views: 56,620
Last edited:
Reactions: ojbolt

Dakey

Nov 10, 2008
Paris
Nice todo list, because it's running game so fine we just need multitouch support (I'm sure is not easy) and if it possible to make a skin not invisible but transparent, I don't no if morphgear support that actully, but it's hard to play without seeing buttons.

Anyway keep going on with your dev. and good luck

I will keep an eye on that thread ...
See you

Last edited:

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Nice todo list, because it's running game so fine we just need multitouch support (I'm sure is not easy) and if it possible to make a skin not invisible but transparent, I don't no if morphgear support that actully, but it's hard to play without seeing buttons.

Anyway keep going on with your dev. and good luck

I will keep an eye on that thread ...
See you

that's why I added vibration to the game pad, so you know when you hit the right spot.. but I think transparent game pad might actually be possible.. added to my todo list :)

tgwaste

Apr 21, 2006
www.twg.org
nice to see morphgear getting some love again.

any way you could add a quick save/load option thats mapable to buttons? (maybe save to slot 0)

one of the biggest reasons why i use smartgear over morphgear is because it takes so many damn steps to save or load a game. would be nice to just hit one button for load and one for save.

thanks and keep up the great work!

jamuk2004

Mar 8, 2007
I really miss full screen, full speed, full sound from my omnia one.

Thank you for making this and I really look forward to using this when multi-touch is implemented :D

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Wow, great!

Can't wait for updates!

Any screenshots of the WVGA virtual pad? Or is that the invisible one? Speaking of, I would also love it to be a transparent-type overlay...

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
tactile feedback a bit hit and miss on my HD2 (causes very long vibrations), how can I disable it.

Looking forward to more updates.:)

what response do you get when you hit one button slightly?
long vibrations caused when keeping the finger on the button, but I think I'm going to disable that.

as soon as I'll repair the settings, I will add the vibration there

reeco

Nov 20, 2009
Swansea, Wales
Thank you very much for working on this, I just managed to use the normal morphgear with fullscreen landscape, but its not ideal as you cant see the pad and the buttons are not exactly in the perfect position. Multitouch would be amazing if you can implement it and cant wait to be able to play Mario kart Super Circuit.

I'll be following this closely. Ohhh and here is a vid of me running it in fullscreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFaZvqK0Fkw

:)

brooon

May 11, 2009
Hmm,...i´ve installed morphgear and SNES9x on my storage card, but i can´t find the program on my device (?!?). Wether it is in my "programs" folder on the storage card nor in my programs list on the device itself.

What did I wrong??

Orofar

Oct 16, 2008
cant open snes rom:

MorphGear was unable to open the file Most often this due to insufficient memory. The console will now be displayed.

:confused:

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Hmm,...i´ve installed morphgear and SNES9x on my storage card, but i can´t find the program on my device (?!?). Wether it is in my "programs" folder on the storage card nor in my programs list on the device itself.

What did I wrong??

my cab doesn't seem to install a start menu shortcut (should be under games)
i will fix it in the next release..
meanwhile you can find the program on \storage card\program files\games\morphgear or program files\games\morphgear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Started porting Morphgear 2.4.0.9 to work better on our beloved HD2 (actually for every WVGA, but don't expect much without 1GHZ and multitouch)

If you find my work useful please so I can keep maintain it, thanks

Done
    v0.8 <--latest, get this

v0.7
    * first multithreaded sound & input morphgear

v0.6
    * reduced some landscape latency

v0.5
    * Yet another multitouch fix, this one reduces some lag.
    * Replaced Cutom File Dialog to useful one. for the native wm file dialog, go to Global Settings -> Tweak -> uncheck Custom File Dialog

v0.4
    * fixed multitouch
    * gamepad (any gamepad) now underlays the game on landscape mode (east/west orientation)
    * added WVGA landscape pad (choose on each module settings with arrows and enter key) best use with "Auto Scale" screen size, so you can see part of the pad on the sides
    * fix in global settings - double click selects item on combo box

v0.3
    * added tactile feedback (enable/disable) to global settings
    * rescaled the menu icons
    * rescaled the default game pad (so its not necessary to install the WVGA skin)
    * added the SNES module to the cab

v0.2
    * added real multi-touch to game pad (HD2 only)
    * fixed tactile feedback
    * added shortcut in start menu -> games

v0.1
    * Rebuilt Morphgear with larger space to menu icons (but didn't replace the icons them self, just made them clickable on HD2)
    * Added tactile feedback (vibration) to Virtual Game Pad

ToDo
    * transparent overlay gamepad for landscape mode
    * Probably more stuff..

How to use it?
    * Install my rebuilded cab from this thread
    * optional - Install WVGA virtual pad from here (follow all the instructions)
    * Install desired modules from Morphgear official website
    * Google for the game roms

What Not
    * I Can't replace the settings screen as it precompiled into the modules. find your way around it, mostly by using the keyboard arrows and Enter for selection (double-clicking on item might work as well)
    * I Won't answer generic usage questions, please help each other / search on Google
    * I Won't develop game pads, it can be done easily if anyone is up to it, just check the WVGA skin posted here..