[10] GlassROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Flashing instructions are not verry clear. How can we flash Lineage recovery?
And then what commands we have to use to flash GlassROM?

I did some digging around and found this

Output of payload extractor includes this line:
Code:
Extracting 'recovery.img'
This means that recovery is treated like just another A/B partition and flashed whenever you flash the ROM in recovery

The fastboot zip already includes a recovery.img you can flash yourself

You need to use fastboot for the first flash like any other ROM. After the first flash you can use the lineage recovery to flash. Google added some extra nonsense and the initial flash fails when done from recovery with dynamic partitions. To flash from recovery you need to use adb sideload

Reactions: knpk13

RicardoDimm

Jan 3, 2016
Deventer
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Code:
This means that recovery is treated like just another A/B partition and flashed whenever you flash the ROM in recovery

You need to use fastboot for the first flash like any other ROM. After the first flash you can use the lineage recovery to flash. Google added some extra nonsense and the initial flash fails when done from recovery with dynamic partitions. To flash from recovery you need to use adb sideload

I dont get it to work. I flashed Lineage 17.1 as instructed by LineageOS.
The I reboot to fastboot and command ''fastboot update signed-image-full''. Then I reboot to Lineage recovery, ADB Sideload ''signed-ota_update''. But I get an error: 26.
Any help?

beaverhead

Nov 29, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
thxs for this. will try asap.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn OnePlus 7T Pro met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Is there even a Lineage recovery specifically for this device?

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs
if you flash lineage you have a recovery like pixels. in big red letters fastbootd.

or take the img recovery from the zip of lineage and flash this in fastboot like twrp.

i try it on this way. report asap.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

The I reboot to fastboot and command ''fastboot update signed-image-full''. Then I reboot to Lineage recovery, ADB Sideload ''signed-ota_update''. But I get an error: 26.

Any help?
try to flash the recovery on a and b slot maby?
and then go to fastbootd and flash the rom?

just flash the recovery img in fastboot like twrp.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
thxs for this. will try asap.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

if you flash lineage you have a recovery like pixels. in big red letters fastbootd.

or take the img recovery from the zip of lineage and flash this in fastboot like twrp.

i try it on this way. report asap.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

try to flash the recovery on a and b slot maby?
and then go to fastbootd and flash the rom?

just flash the recovery img in fastboot like twrp.

But there is no official lineageOS, only an unofficial one and I'm not sure if that one contains the recovery image.

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Is there even a Lineage recovery specifically for this device?

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs

I am just reusing the same base as op7pro

I did some basic testing and it seemed to work fine but there may be breakages I'm not aware of yet. This is why the OP says alpha

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Any help?

I'll have to check this in a bit

Since fastboot worked you can go ahead and boot the ROM without worrying about the recovery

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Any help?

I haven't gotten around to trying this yet as I'm reluctant to wipe userdata right now, but have you wiped data as instructed before flashing "signed-image-full" via fastboot? The release announcement mentions that it uses some encryption method so wiping data is necessary. You don't need to flash both "signed-image-full" and "signed-ota-update". The initial flash should only work via fastboot based on what the release announcement on GitHub (link in OP) says, but you should be able to flash subsequent updates via lineage recovery.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I assume this feature list applies to the 7T pro as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...ross-device-development/glassrom-8-1-t3876869

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
I have bad news but nobody at glassrom has an op7tpro anymore

Updates can continue if people are willing to test builds but otherwise it looks like I'll be closing the thread soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: removed as I no longer have the device

I'm terribly sorry guys
    Flashing instructions are not verry clear. How can we flash Lineage recovery?
    And then what commands we have to use to flash GlassROM?

Code:

But there is no official lineageOS, only an unofficial one and I'm not sure if that one contains the recovery image.

If you check the glassrom fastboot zip there is indeed a recovery image inside
    I'm sorry guys but without testers and a device to work on (friend switched to op7pro) I cannot work on this anymore
    This thread will be closed. If someone wants to maintain this they can contact my via pm or through my email (you can get my email through my git commits) or on telegram

For maintaining you must either have the device or have a sufficiently large group of testers as a prerequisite

Also in case I don't respond, a lot of people message me so just message me again in case I missed your message. I will read it

Moderators please close the thread

Moderators please close the thread
    That's bad to hear but THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED on request of OP!

@ all: Stay safe and stay healthy!
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke