Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    Hi @NeoArian, i want to ask you if is possible to add miracast function to the rom..
    And ask you if you have do anything about the advanced calibration display settings..
    Hi,
    I'm still on vacation currently, that's why I am a bit away from here these days. I didn't do anything about live display or anything else yet. I can add Miracast but if I recall correctly it was not really working when being connected to a WLAN network at the same time, it was lagging hard then. When not connected to a WLAN network it worked good though. I can see about that when I am back from my vacation.

Greetings, arian.

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    Hey there!

I have had a night session yesterday/today for our sweet z3c.

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    * Update fingerprint from 23.5.A.1.291
    * Fix issue of NULL pointer access in mtp_read, that fixes soft reboot when selecting MTP or PTP
    * Build livedisplay sysfs service, that fixes the greyed out live display and also adds a screen calibration menu
    * Updated SEPolicy for Android 10, switched to enforcing
    * fixed encryption
    * Trim Area Daemon moved to vendor
    * LineageOS 17.1

I have updated the main post and post #2 with a new twrp build and instructions for Over the Air updates.
    About NFC, i have tested Google Pay and card reading, both seemed to work fine.

Happy flashing and have a nice day!

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
    Hey there!

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    * Update fingerprint from 23.5.A.1.291
    * Fix issue of NULL pointer access in mtp_read, that fixes soft reboot when selecting MTP or PTP
    * Build livedisplay sysfs service, that fixes the greyed out live display and also adds a screen calibration menu
    * Updated SEPolicy for Android 10, switched to enforcing
    * fixed encryption
    * Trim Area Daemon moved to vendor
    * LineageOS 17.1

I have updated the main post and post #2 with a new twrp build and instructions for Over the Air updates.
    About NFC, i have tested Google Pay and card reading, both seemed to work fine.

Happy flashing and have a nice day!
    I am asking from pure curiosity. What is the difference between LOS 17.0 and 17.1. Did they add something big?

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    Hey there!

Download

Changelog

I am asking from pure curiosity. What is the difference between LOS 17.0 and 17.1. Did they add something big?
    The version has been highered to 17.1 because we have rebased on android-10.0.0_r18 that means all the changes over aosp had to be applied again.

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
    @NeoArian

Thanks for the update, I've updated to 17.1 but is there any chance you could add the word clock/time back to the lock screen, I really like that clock and its not in the latest version?

EDIT: also flashlight is broken in this update, cannot even get 3Rd party apps to get it working

Last edited:

Gelindo67

Apr 4, 2019
    The version has been highered to 17.1 because we have rebased on android-10.0.0_r18 that means all the changes over aosp had to be applied again.
    It is possible to force the enabling of CAMERA 2 API and install the GCam.
    Can you do it?
    Or is it impossible to do it on the sony z3 compact and nobody can do it?

rustem1

Jan 5, 2020
    bug with a microphone

Hello friends.

Found a bug. When a person calls, he doesn’t hear me very well + he has some kind of echo. And on social networks, when recording voice messages, the MICROPHONE is VERY quiet and records somehow intermittently ..
    The microphone in the camera records normally.
    There are options how to fix?;)

UPD.
    specially set stock 6.0.1
    everything works fine there, everyone hears me well and there are no problems!

Last edited:

vilcoyote

Jan 15, 2007
    Hi @NeoArian,
    I didn't manage to OTA update from LOS 17.0 to 17.1 using your magisk module (not allowed) - and I didn't spend time on checking why. Factory reset and twrp install fixed it in a simple way ;)
    Pixel launcher kept crashing as soon as the configuration completes but it allowed me to find a new beta launcher: Niagara.
    For now, everything runs smoothly - and LiveDisplay does the job, I missed it in LOS 17.0! 32GB SD format as internal storage ends up with error message but works fine after reboot.
    Last but not least, volume issues (high volume, noise, poor micro) that I met in LOS 16 and 17.0 seem to be less present now. Unless I'm used to them :)
    Thanks for your hard work, I can continue to use my z3c d5803 as daily driver.

Hooin Kyoma

Jun 23, 2012
    Is it possible to disable WIFI MAC randomization without setting kernel security into permissive mode? There is no "Privacy" option (to allow use device MAC) in wifi network options, also no "settings_wifi_mac_randomization" feature flag in Developer options. I need this because I use MAC filter on my router at home and also at work.

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
    Is it possible to disable WIFI MAC randomization without setting kernel security into permissive mode? There is no "Privacy" option (to allow use device MAC) in wifi network options, also no "settings_wifi_mac_randomization" feature flag in Developer options. I need this because I use MAC filter on my router at home and also at work.
    Is the MAC changing while device is turned on? It was a bug in LOS16, maybe it is also the bug here.

Hooin Kyoma

Jun 23, 2012
    I don't think this is a bug, rather a feature. But according to the article there should be a "Privacy" option in wifi networks config, allowing to disable randomization on a per-network basis. But in LOS 17.1 we have no such option (see my first screenshot). Only way I found to disable it is disabling selinux in kernel (setting into permissive mode) - idk how it's related, but it works (can't be considered as a fix tho).

Btw, still no Deep Sleep in fresh installed 17.1 (and same in latest 16). It's weird that only me and few others have this problem, not everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-174752_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20200106-174752_Settings.png
      67.3 KB · Views: 267
    • Screenshot_20200106-180227_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
      Screenshot_20200106-180227_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
      92.2 KB · Views: 267
    • Screenshot_20200106-180348_Kernel_Adiutor.png
      Screenshot_20200106-180348_Kernel_Adiutor.png
      79.9 KB · Views: 265

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    I don't think this is a bug, rather a feature. But according to the article there should be a "Privacy" option in wifi networks config, allowing to disable randomization on a per-network basis. But in LOS 17.1 we have no such option (see my first screenshot). Only way I found to disable it is disabling selinux in kernel (setting into permissive mode) - idk how it's related, but it works (can't be considered as a fix tho).

Btw, still no Deep Sleep in fresh installed 17.1 (and same in latest 16). It's weird that only me and few others have this problem, not everyone.
    Hehe seems like enforcing prevented the Mac address setup to work. Mac address randomisation is not supported by our device that why I disabled it. On my device the Mac is correct set on enforcing. Probably I addressed the denial after I uploaded the build.

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
    @NeoArian thanks for the update but flashlight is now broken on a fresh clean install, I've flashed it twice now clean both times and it does not work.

Also you removed the word clock from the lock screen?

Hooin Kyoma

Jun 23, 2012
    I confirm that flashlight doesn't work by switching tile nor by long press power button. Camera flash works.

And another complaint :rolleyes: :)
    BUG: Recents are self-clearing occasionally (sometimes I press square and see nothing except currently running app), don't know is this a bug or feature, but I don't like this.
    Now in 17.1 I'm suffering the opposite - too much apps cards in recents menu causing lags when scrolling (like fps drop to 15 or something), need to long scroll left to "clear all" every few hours of high activity. Is it possible somehow to limit cards to... 10 maybe? In all Androids before Pie (good old vertical layout) I never cleared recents, collected hundreds of them and have no lags, now I have to clear or (better) limit them.
    ---
    Is "Backup" broken? Stuck at this (see first screenshot) few hours, tried to restart backup, no success. Looks like it works for some of my apps and settings, but not for calls/sms though (not a problem since I use third party tools for this anyway).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200107-152332_Google_Play_services.png
      Screenshot_20200107-152332_Google_Play_services.png
      67.5 KB · Views: 269
    • Screenshot_20200111-154530_Google_Play_services.png
      Screenshot_20200111-154530_Google_Play_services.png
      63.9 KB · Views: 165
    Last edited:
    Reactions: mindyabiznis

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
    Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
    Hello Everybody,

I use the LOS16 rom with my Z3c every day. Still two problems annoying :

- Very loud call and high volume when we take a call on the phone. Only one solution : play with volume level before start to speak. Not very pratical.
    - When the phone is connected in bluetooth and when I receive a call, I cannot hear the caller. No problem when it's me making a call.

Is someone can tell me if these problems are still there with LOS17.1 ROM ?

Thank you for your feedback.

BigBrother84

May 25, 2019
    Hello,

I'm interested to switch roms, from carbon, I had there problem with media volume.

I have questions:
    -Is it possible to install edxposed (I need it for xprivacy lua)
    -Is it possible to install viper4android from xda labs?

Edit: edxposed didn't work I got bootloop, so I'm back to the LOS 16 OFFICIAL.

I have one more question: did anyone try to install swipe up gestures (could be found on crdroid or rr). I don't know where to get it but I really care about them - Z3C has really small screen and it is useful. E.g. I use tested them on xz1c and for now I don't want to use any other navigation way ;) Android 10 gestures are hmm... just OK and works just with one launcher, I really like Xperia 11.3.A.0.17 launcher.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      url]

Code:
      [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Navy"]/*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */[/COLOR]

Introduction
      LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
      with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
      Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
      If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
      Individuality
      Customization is paramount to productivity.
      That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
      Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
      Security
      Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
      Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
      We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
      And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
      Longevity
      LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation instructions
      Prerequisites:
      • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
      • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
      • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
      Install:
      1. Reboot to TWRP. *
      2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
      3. Install ROM.
      4. Install 10.0 Gapps for ARM. **
      * recommended TWRP: Post #2
      ** optional, opengapps

Downloads
      Download the ROM

Over the Air Updates
      To use OTA updates please read Post #2

Sources
      DEVICE:
      https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_z3c
      https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_msm8974-common
      https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_shinano-common

KERNEL:
      https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

Addons
      OpenGapps
      Magisk

Thanks
      Whole LineageOS Team for this amazing ROM
      @koron393
      @SpiritCroc
      @Myself5
      @nailyk
      @drakonizer
      @rcstar6696
      @tomascus
      I hope I haven't forgot anyone :)

Bugs
      Current hardware support state: Gist
      WHAT'S BROKEN
      • You tell me.

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 17.1 for z3c, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
      NeoArian
      ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
      ROM Firmware Required: 23.5.A.1.291
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-10-02
      Last Updated 2020-01-04
      OTA and TWRP recovery

Over the Air Updates
      My upload script automatically pushed OTA updates to my GitHub.
      If you want to make them visible through the Updater you can flash the attached magisk module LineageOS-17.1_z3c-OTA-v1.zip or add the line
      Code:
      lineage.updater.uri=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ArianK16a/OTA/lineage-17.1/z3c.json
      manually to your build.prop. You should use the recommended TWRP so that the updates flash fine.

TWRP recovery

TWRP 3.3.1 for our z3c with Android 10!
      The TWRP for Android 10 is attached to this post.
      Source is available at: https://github.com/z3c-pie/twrp_device_sony_z3c/tree/android-10.0

Changelog for twrp-3.3.1-1-z3c-20191212-sar.img
      • Improved System as root support, /system is a symlink to /system_root/system now

Changelog for twrp-3.3.1-1-A10.0-z3c.img
      • Added Bootlogo, booting from offline state will display the original sony logo now instead of nothing
      • Fixed fastboot boot
      • Updated kernel cmdline from 23.5.A.1.291

How to install this build:
      • Reboot to fastboot by holding volume up while connecting your device to your computer
      • Open a terminal and move to the directory with TWRP in it
      • Rename the downloaded image to twrp.img
      • Type
        Code:
        fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
      • Boot into TWRP while the device is powered off press the power and volume down button

Feel free to ask questions or give feedback about TWRP here .

Have a nice day!

Additional information about the recovery on this device:
      First of all we should make the basics clear: On our Z3 Compact we have got a bootloader update which can boot a recovery from powered off state by pressing volume down and the power button. Because we haven't ever had this updated bootloader and not all sony devices received the update, there have been some intelligent people who brought a special init binary which can handle recovery boots during a normal boot. This means when using advanced reboot from the ROM or pressing a volume key while the sony logo appears at boot. https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_common/commits/lineage-16.0

To make this work there is this method to extract the ramdisk: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...eage-16.0/extract_ramdisk/extract_ramdisk.cpp which uses zlib to decompress it. So far so good, zlib can decompress the default compression for recovery ramdisk which is gzip. However LZMA is more effective to reduce the size so we took it's advantage: https://github.com/omnirom/android_...mmit/885b01223a460d3f2500155ea415bdc8573679bc in order to fit recoverys compiled from recent environments (android-9.0 in my case) into our small FOTAKernel partition.

According to this change the init_sony can't handle the recovery boot anymore because it can't decompress the recovery's ramdisk so nailyk and Diewi (as far as i know) added support to decompress LZMA compressed ramdisk's with this chain: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-common-init/pull/20/commits
      However these commits have never been merged into the LineageOS/android_device_sony_common nor the sonyxperiadev/device-sony-common-init. Since your ROM, CarbonROM, is using a fork of LineageOS/android_device_sony_common is missing these commits the recovery boot fails with a kernel panic, like this: https://del.dog/egawososux.htm

So you can either use a recovery which doesn't compress the ramdisk with LZMA (for example the one from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-3-0-aries-t3837192 or ask your ROM developer to pick the according commits into the sony_common tree/use my fork of LineageOS's one https://github.com/z3c-pie/android_...mits/fa85dfcc07f42d73f9a1abf1f4c82d8bf0486a93 which would enable you to use recent TWRP builds with a LZMA compressed ramdisk.

I hope i presented it clearly and in the right way,
      Have a nice day!

EDIT: Minimized patch for LZMA is available here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_common/+/252923
      The new build is up!
      Get it from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...age-17.0-20191002-UNOFFICIAL-z3c.zip/download
      Make sure to use the new TWRP from Post #2 because Android 10 introduces System-as-Root which can lead to weird behaviour in the old TWRP.
      Note that there are not all features from LineageOS 16.0 ported over yet and there can be unexpected, yet unlisted bugs.

MY personal hardware support list can be found here: https://gist.github.com/ArianK16a/1e46c463a5c910efb322d9cf0e16c3c0 but as always, i can't guarantee you anything!

Happy flashing!
      MOD EDIT: quote removed

While I appreciate the advertisement, its absolutely disrespectful to Arian to advertise it in *this thread*. It's like going to Ferrari and showing all the customers that Lamborghini released a new car...
      Hi there!

I have built an update for z3c.
      This build includes latest lineageos sources and a few device side fixes. It would be cool if you can specifically test GPS, audio and the time after a reboot.
      At all this build should be release quality. Please report back if there are any further issues.
      You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/z3c/lineage-17.1/
      If nothing goes wrong i plan to go official 17.1 within the next days.

Happy flashing!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone