[10 OCT 2011][IceCreamSandwich MARKET][SCRIPT]MarketUpdater for all Android Devices!!

Search This thread

ScumpinatoS

Apr 4, 2011
Sarno
MarketUpdater

by ScumpinatoS​

Screen
nuovo-Android-market-595x466.jpg

What is it?
This script allows you to install the Latest version of android market even if you don't live in the U.S.A!

Requirements​
  • - Windows 98 or above
    - An Android Device
    - Admin rights (Vista/7)
    - USB DEBUG ON

How to use?

• 1. Download the Link at the end of the post
    2. Double click on MarketUpdater.exe
    3. Now the script is running
    4. Choose the option that you want and the script will do everything ;)

In the guided mode the script guides you trough the script telling you something about the command and how to use them ;) It's good if you want to know how the script work or if you want to learn something about adb scripting :D

Now the download link:

MarketUpdater.exe

Changelog:

v3.2.0
1. New Ice Cream Sandwich Market (v3.2.0)
2. New style (black-cyano)

v3.1.5
1. New market (v3.1.5)
2. New style (black-red)

v3.1.3b1
1. Totally new script!
2. Added a restore mode in the specific mode
3. Now the script will work on every android device, rooted, not rooted, samsung, htc, lg and so on...I am 101% sure or that ;)
4. Small BUG fixes
5. Change of the style XD

v3.1.3
1. Totally new script
2. 3 method
3. Market updated to v3.1.3
4. More Stylish :D

v1.1:
1. Updated the Market from 3.0.26 to 3.0.27.
2. The script doesn't need the reboot anymore!!
3. Now the Market is installed in /data instead of /system ;)

Enjoy and leave a feedback :)

Who wants the source code, ask to me in PM ;)

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, PLEASE THANK ME AND CONSIDER DONATE TO ME, EVEN 1$ IS GOOD, I'M JUST A STUDENT :D

Last edited:

ScumpinatoS

Apr 4, 2011
Sarno
You're welcome ulissescg ;)
If you want, thank me clicking on the Thanks button under my first post, thank you!

Anyway...I cannot do further tests because my smartphone is blocked (Ideos U8150) on the Stock Vodafone ROM and the bootloader does not work, so if the script doesn't work for you, follow these steps:

- Extract the .exe file (You need WinRar I think)
- Take the .apk files
- Send it to the phone
- Install it manually from the phone

This should work ;)

ScumpinatoS

Apr 4, 2011
Sarno
It works like that:

-It makes the BackupMarket folder in C:\
-It copies the com.android.vending-1.apk (which is in /data/app/ and this file could not exist!) in the phone to the C:\BackupMarket folder
-It copies the file Vending.apk (whic is in /system/app/ this file exist in every devices) from the device to C:\BackupMarket
-It copies the com.android.vending-1.apk (whic is included in the script) to the /data/app/ directory into the device
-It copies the file Vending.apk (whis is included in the script) to the /system/app/ directory in the device
-The script will reboot the phone.

This is how it works, if you wants the source-code, don't hesitate to contact me in PM or at [email protected] ;)

rpitera

Mar 5, 2006
Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
No joy...

*bump*

Have you find a bug in the script? If Yes, please tell me so I can fix it ;)
BTW the script was downloaded a 191 times until now :D Thanks people!!
Doesn't work for me - creates the directory and then sits there, doing nothing. No files copied. Debug is on, USB Storage off (also tried with it on). Unarchived and ran ADB in archive with "devices" - nothing shows as connected so that's probably why.

Will try again at home where I did the original root - maybe ADB is not working here. Will update later.

Droid incredible, CM7.10 RC1 w/std kernel, Clockwork 3.0.0.8 w/ S-OFF

ScumpinatoS

Apr 4, 2011
Sarno
Doesn't work for me - creates the directory and then sits there, doing nothing. No files copied. Debug is on, USB Storage off (also tried with it on). Unarchived and ran ADB in archive with "devices" - nothing shows as connected so that's probably why.

Will try again at home where I did the original root - maybe ADB is not working here. Will update later.

Droid incredible, CM7.10 RC1 w/std kernel, Clockwork 3.0.0.8 w/ S-OFF

You have no ADB Drivers in your PC. I'm 100% sure of that, and now I will explain to you why is that:

The script controls that your phone is connected to the PC and that is correctly running with ADB. If the phone isn't working fine with ADB the script will NOT run until the phone is correctly running with ADB.

In english, that means that your ADB Drivers aren't installed properly :)

Let me know if the script works on your main PC ;)

Hi,

it isn't working for me either. tried everything i can think off.

any help

thanks scott

Can You explain a little bit more your problem? Thank you ;)

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english, but I study English only at school, other than watch series in English with English subtitles :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kaizendojo

WedgeAnt

Sep 30, 2010
Paris, FR
I've got this message (got it and another one first time, but hadn't the reflex to do a screen ...).

Running rooted HTC Desire with Oxygen ROM.
Version of Market installed shows 2.3.4 in the app list and when I run the app, it still is the old version.

kaizendojo

Jun 14, 2008
Success

You have no ADB Drivers in your PC. I'm 100% sure of that, and now I will explain to you why is that:

Yes, and I figured that out after awhile and tried to install them but was unsuccessful. I tried it again on the home PC (Vista64) where I had previously installed the SDK and it appeared to start but not finish - after showing the transfer statistics, it basically just stopped.

I did see activity on the phone, but not a full reboot. When I looked at the market however, it had definitetly updated it and it was working great. With the script still active and the phone connected, I did a manual reboot. At that point the script declared the update a success.

So guess the only thing it missed was doing a full cold reboot.

The new market looks and works great - thanks so much for putting this together for noob hackers like myself. In addition to making it easy, looking at the syntax of the script taught me a few things. Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MarketUpdater

by ScumpinatoS​

Screen
    nuovo-Android-market-595x466.jpg

What is it?
    This script allows you to install the Latest version of android market even if you don't live in the U.S.A!

Requirements​
    • - Windows 98 or above
      - An Android Device
      - Admin rights (Vista/7)
      - USB DEBUG ON

How to use?

• 1. Download the Link at the end of the post
      2. Double click on MarketUpdater.exe
      3. Now the script is running
      4. Choose the option that you want and the script will do everything ;)

In the guided mode the script guides you trough the script telling you something about the command and how to use them ;) It's good if you want to know how the script work or if you want to learn something about adb scripting :D

Now the download link:

MarketUpdater.exe

Changelog:

v3.2.0
    1. New Ice Cream Sandwich Market (v3.2.0)
    2. New style (black-cyano)

v3.1.5
    1. New market (v3.1.5)
    2. New style (black-red)

v3.1.3b1
    1. Totally new script!
    2. Added a restore mode in the specific mode
    3. Now the script will work on every android device, rooted, not rooted, samsung, htc, lg and so on...I am 101% sure or that ;)
    4. Small BUG fixes
    5. Change of the style XD

v3.1.3
    1. Totally new script
    2. 3 method
    3. Market updated to v3.1.3
    4. More Stylish :D

v1.1:
    1. Updated the Market from 3.0.26 to 3.0.27.
    2. The script doesn't need the reboot anymore!!
    3. Now the Market is installed in /data instead of /system ;)

Enjoy and leave a feedback :)

Who wants the source code, ask to me in PM ;)

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, PLEASE THANK ME AND CONSIDER DONATE TO ME, EVEN 1$ IS GOOD, I'M JUST A STUDENT :D
    It works like that:

-It makes the BackupMarket folder in C:\
    -It copies the com.android.vending-1.apk (which is in /data/app/ and this file could not exist!) in the phone to the C:\BackupMarket folder
    -It copies the file Vending.apk (whic is in /system/app/ this file exist in every devices) from the device to C:\BackupMarket
    -It copies the com.android.vending-1.apk (whic is included in the script) to the /data/app/ directory into the device
    -It copies the file Vending.apk (whis is included in the script) to the /system/app/ directory in the device
    -The script will reboot the phone.

This is how it works, if you wants the source-code, don't hesitate to contact me in PM or at [email protected] ;)
    Is it possible to make the new market update the installed cracked applications? It will only update the free ones, for the others it asks for payment.
    I'm sorry but it isn't possible to do that. To update the cracked app you need to buy them, and doing that you will do something good to the openSource family ;)
    Can't wait to try it. What exactly does this script? I mean how it is working :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
    Anyway to run this via script manager?

Teleported from my Shifty Speedy using Tapatalk

What is script manager? You mean you want TO run this script from your phone? In this case no, you can't :(

Inviato dal mio DroniX usando Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone