Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
Last Updated 2020-04-28

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
OnePlus 11
I can confirm Safetynet passing when you use MagiskHide Props config module:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228
You gotta change the fingerprint with props -f command

I installed this ROM today, first I tried LineageOs bit I got force close message with opengapps. With this ROM everything is fine and I just setup everything with no problems or glitches as of yet. So it looks great to me. Wil report back later

VibolFTW

Jun 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
OnePlus 6
Everything is great so far. The stand by drain is also good 4% overnight.

One issue is that Network Traffic Indicator is not working, it's there but display 0.00kb/s

It would be great if the rom allow display calibration like DCI-P3 and vibration motor adjustment

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

sschacko

Feb 7, 2015
Everything is great so far. The stand by drain is also good 4% overnight.

One issue is that Network Traffic Indicator is not working, it's there but display 0.00kb/s

It would be great if the rom allow display calibration like DCI-P3 and vibration motor adjustment
No touch vibration? AOD while charging? Duel sim ring tone?

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
OnePlus 11
I have been using it now for a couple of days. A few things I have noticed:
- The Mobile/data icon constantly keeps switching between LTE/LTE+. I tried changing the icon to 4G but then it keeps flipping between 4G/4G+. Also the signal icon is never full. For example in my room on the top floor I always had full signal bar with OOS
- Battery drain seems to go a little faster then OOS, any tips to improve this?
- I tried paying with my phone/bank app/nfc chip at local supermarket and it did not work.. It worked on OOS/magisk/usb debug disabled..

Is there a change to get OOS camera or anyone have a good working google camera app?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
I have been using it now for a couple of days. A few things I have noticed:
- The Mobile/data icon constantly keeps switching between LTE/LTE+. I tried changing the icon to 4G but then it keeps flipping between 4G/4G+. Also the signal icon is never full. For example in my room on the top floor I always had full signal bar with OOS
- Battery drain seems to go a little faster then OOS, any tips to improve this?
- I tried paying with my phone/bank app/nfc chip at local supermarket and it did not work.. It worked on OOS/magisk/usb debug disabled..

Is there a change to get OOS camera or anyone have a good working google camera app?

LTE+ and LTE are different modes. LTE+ means "LTE Advanced" which allows for carrier aggregation (see Wikipedia). I believe OxygenOS is not showing the + by default (Android allows to configure that internally). As for stength, it might be worth checking the actual db values as theres a few carrier know for cheating at the shown signal strength. Those cheats are "disabled" in AOSP.

Battery: So far reports all deliver an improvement or even experience with Oxygen. It might take a few cycles to "settle in".

Paying: The miracles of SafetyNet. I'm not familiar with the whole Google Pay stuff so I can't help you there unfortunately.

There are a few OxygenOS camera APKs you can install that work fine. Also all @Arnova8G2 GCam builds are fine.

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
OnePlus 11
I knew LTE/LTE+ are 2 different modes. But your story doenst explain why it keeps flipping from LTE to LTE+. Everywhere I am, walking trough the city, in the park, near the train station or at home it keeps switching from LTE to LTE+. Every 2 to about 10 seconds or so. This results in constantly moving icons in the top status bar which is pretty annoying. Also it doesn't make sense it would switch between the different modes so much right?

How do I check the db values and what are db values?

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
I've been using the first Pax build (STABLE) and just updated! Great battery! (I swapped kernel cause ViPER4Android)
There was a conflict with ViPER BT (not processing after about 5 seconds) however, kernel in 5/6 may yield stable results, we'll def find out.
kernel adjusting automatically. very stable; low load avg.
Spectacular CarbonROM, Thanks Myself5 I'll continue with the included kernel for a Carbon experience!

refai

Sep 30, 2017
Google Pixel 4a
Amazing ROM, first time user and loving it. Thanks for such a hard work!

I'm using with MinMicroG and works like perfect, amazing battery life.

Would like to know some issue, in settings, Spoof package signature is available but I can't see, for playstore/fakestore! Why is that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
    Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
    PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
    You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-04-28