[10][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [fajita]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
    Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
    PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
    You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-04-28

cursist

Apr 9, 2019
    does this have face unlock? to clarify, I am NOT looking for face unlock... I am looking to avoid the closed source megvii implementation that has been used elsewhere. thanks!

cursist

Apr 9, 2019
    It does not appear to have it. It doesn't show in security settings.
    thanks, can't wait to try it then :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

No, it doesn't for the very reason of not wanting to include the closed source megvii stuff :)
    right on! I tried looking at carbon website for feature list and I remember carbon years ago being proudly open source but wanted to be sure. thanks! :highfive:

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
    Christchurch UK
    Oh this is nice, I mean really nice, it's been a while since I've been on carbon, and this is just beautiful, everything just works - so nice - thank you to carbon team bringing us this work of art and thank you @Myself5 for maintaining for us, so glad you brought this over to us, feeling kinda spoiled right now :highfive:

Cablespider

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    I installed and set it up quickly before bed last night. Paired it with NikGapps Core. Woke up to a 97% idle. Both the phone and I slept like a baby. The phone performs great while in use. Options are plentiful but not bloated. A very nice ROM indeed.

Reactions: Jsilver73

davy4475

Jan 13, 2014
    OnePlus 6T
    Installed about a hour ago and all is smooth. The only issue, at least per my preferences, is getting the dark mode for the messages and phone apps. I may be missing this option, but possibly someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks. Kudos to Carbon team and myself5. :good:
    Maybe your apps need updated for dark mode?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    I installed and set it up quickly before bed last night. Paired it with NikGapps Core. Woke up to a 97% idle. Both the phone and I slept like a baby. The phone performs great while in use. Options are plentiful but not bloated. A very nice ROM indeed.

Darkmode for Phone, Dialer and Messaging will come in the next weekly. Got to admit I forgot about them because the GApps on my daily driver replace them.

cursist

Apr 9, 2019
    Darkmode for Phone, Dialer and Messaging will come in the next weekly. Got to admit I forgot about them because the GApps on my daily driver replace them.
    speaking of updates, will we need to reflash gapps after flashing updates? I am planning on sticking with Carbon for awhile. it is soooooo polished and smooth. thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      The new builds for this rom updating monthly on website are still based on A10?
      Yes. Builds on Android 11 will be labeled CR-9.0 once released.
      uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
      Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
      PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
      3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
      You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      Meet us on Telegram
      Homepage
      GitHub
      Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
      Last Updated 2020-04-28
      Excited to try this.

Quick question, would this rom have the same bugs as Lineage 17.1?

I wouldn't be aware of any bugs on Lineage 17.1 (nor on Carbon for that matter), but we're using the same device sources as Lineage on Carbon, so if there was an issue with them, then you'd have them on Carbon too, yes.
      does this have face unlock? to clarify, I am NOT looking for face unlock... I am looking to avoid the closed source megvii implementation that has been used elsewhere. thanks!

No, it doesn't for the very reason of not wanting to include the closed source megvii stuff :)
      I just wonder why has the latest release/Update still the November 2020 Security Patch?

To be honest: We simply havn't had time to do it yet. It's currently planned that the next release (scheduled for the 20th of January) will include the December as well as the January Security Patches

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone