[10][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [guacamole]

Search This thread

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Ah thank you so much for the response, really appreciate it!

I'm gonna aim to load CarbonROM soon, hopefully tomorrow evening perhaps and I'll see if the issue exists. If it does, I'll capture a log and see it we can get to the bottom of this!

FYI @Toutatis_

:)

Keep us posted! did you see this post?

Maybe it's worth flashing global OxygenOS firmware instead of EU (I assume you usually flash EU firmware since you're in the UK?) before flashing Carbon. I never tried that before.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Keep us posted! did you see this post?

Maybe it's worth flashing global OxygenOS firmware instead of EU (I assume you usually flash EU firmware since you're in the UK?) before flashing Carbon. I never tried that before.

Yeah that is interesting to contemplate.

Would there be any disadvantage of flashing the global rather than EU? (yup, UK based).

Hmm but saying that, sounds like there could be one big advantage if it makes WiFi work! Lol

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Yeah that is interesting to contemplate.

Would there be any disadvantage of flashing the global rather than EU? (yup, UK based).

Hmm but saying that, sounds like there could be one big advantage if it makes WiFi work! Lol

I think it's safe to flash the global firmware. See this post

You might also check out this article.

Yes, it can be possible to seamlessly cross-flash the EU firmware package on top of the global and Indian OxygenOS for OnePlus 7 Pro.

It also says that global and Indian firmware have more bloat than EU. I don't know whether that's still the case on newer versions. Definitely not an issue for me since I use xXx NoLimits to debloat anyway.

Reactions: cd993

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Huawei Mate 9
I've been running this since last night. The ROM is great and super stable. The FP reader is fast and everything works as it should. The only two issues from what I can see is the FP icon is a little small which isn't really that big of an issue and I'm not getting good standby time, I only have 13 mins of screen on time and I'm at 91 percent battery already. My cell service is good in my house so that's not an issue and I haven't installed any of my apps yet so I can rule that out. I have no issues with WiFi.

Last edited:

farhan20

Dec 4, 2015
+1 could someone on this please test the WiFi connection? On other custom roms e.g Havoc, when further away from the router (therefore a weaker connection) the WiFi would disconnect/reconnect. This does not occur on OOS in the same situation. A log shows some error going on.

Also to the dev @Myself5 , if I were to switch to this rom, experience this issue, would you be willing to analyse a log in hope of finding a solution?

Out of curiosity also, is this based on the same source as Havoc?

For me wifi strength was better than any other rom I have tired. Really smooth and I had no issue with wifi my experience BTW.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I think it's safe to flash the global firmware. See this post

You might also check out this article.

It also says that global and Indian firmware have more bloat than EU. I don't know whether that's still the case on newer versions. Definitely not an issue for me since I use xXx NoLimits to debloat anyway.

Thanks mate. I think I'm gonna give this a go today.

For me wifi strength was better than any other rom I have tired. Really smooth and I had no issue with wifi my experience BTW.

Can I ask, do you use EU or global OOS rom as a base for clean flashing prior?

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
@Myself5 @@Toutatis_

See this Thread I created:

[DISCUSSION] Wifi drop-out issue on custom roms

Essentially clean flashing the global rom and then Havoc resulted in the same issue however I am pleased to confirm CarbonROM does NOT have the wifi drop out issue!!

I've gone back to stock OOS for now as there's features missing that I prefer, but perhaps we're on to something here!

Thanks for the heads up. This new thread is a good idea, hopefully it'll allow to gather more information.

Are you 100% sure the issue isn't occurring on CarbonROM? how long did you play around with the phone without any Wi-Fi drop? asking because from my experience, sometimes the Wi-Fi can be stable for half an hour or so, and then it starts disconnecting at some point.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Thanks for the heads up. This new thread is a good idea, hopefully it'll allow to gather more information.

Are you 100% sure the issue isn't occurring on CarbonROM? how long did you play around with the phone without any Wi-Fi drop? asking because from my experience, sometimes the Wi-Fi can be stable for half an hour or so, and then it starts disconnecting at some point.

No worries ?

Well, my test was: load havoc and noticed the issue (after the global OOS install) and concluded that it didn't help. An easy way for me that I used to test, was when I'm at my desk, I know the direction of where the router is and literally all I need to do is stand with my back to the router and phone in front of me - thus, my body is blocking the phone from the router a little - and it cuts out. On OOS, it doesn't do this and neither did it do it on Carbon.

That may not sound like a very scientific method lol but, nonetheless, it's a variance I can consistently repeat so something funky is going on somewhere... Back on OOS and indeed, it passes my test lol

musicman5844

Jan 27, 2016
Just to give you a heads up flashing global oos prior will not help I'm in the USA and I now after one month have started having the wifi drop out issue now for 26 hours and 5 different roms including this one I've only found one without the issue and it's Omni tresksmod I really thought I was the lucky one that never had the issue guess I was wrong .

Dbj.Dhaval

May 17, 2014
Mumbai
Used this rom for few hours. Overall nice rom only issue I have is brightness too low and vibration not good as other custom rom and oos.. No screen flicker bdw.

Brusington

Jul 31, 2010
The Greater Tampa Bay Area
So iirc for the best installation experience.
-Flash the Stockie and TWRP in both slots
(reboot recovery in between)
-Format
(reboot recovery again)
-Flash CarbonROM
(reboot recovery again)
-Flash 10.0 Open GApps *nano is favored*
-Flash Magisk *optional*

Just want make sure I'm doing this correctly. I'm aware that each rom requires a different amount of seasoning to get it to come out right. Thanks in advance.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    -Format
    (reboot recovery again)
    -Flash CarbonROM
    (reboot recovery again)
    -Flash Magisk *optional*

Just want make sure I'm doing this correctly. I'm aware that each rom requires a different amount of seasoning to get it to come out right. Thanks in advance.

I usually vouch for a "boot to Carbon first" after the GApps step before flashing Magisk as I had issues with flashing Magisk straight away in the past (not on the OP7 though IIRC). Apart from that you're good to go by your guide :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
      Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
      PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
      You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      Meet us on Telegram
      Homepage
      GitHub
      Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
      Last Updated 2020-09-09
      +1 could someone on this please test the WiFi connection? On other custom roms e.g Havoc, when further away from the router (therefore a weaker connection) the WiFi would disconnect/reconnect. This does not occur on OOS in the same situation. A log shows some error going on.

Also to the dev @Myself5 , if I were to switch to this rom, experience this issue, would you be willing to analyse a log in hope of finding a solution?

Out of curiosity also, is this based on the same source as Havoc?

I didn't experience any unnormal WiFi behavoir in the past 3 months I've been daily driving it, but if you get it I'd gladly look into it.

I don't know what kind of device sources Havoc uses, but I'm working together with the Lineage maintainers on device trees. Apart from that the only common thing Carbon and Havoc share is being based on AOSP, i think.
      Today you learned to be safe and flash the twrp zip after flashing a rom. This happens on multiple other roms as well (RR/ lineage)

To extend that, it should actually happen on all ROMs as the recovery is part of the boot.img which will be replaced upon a ROM flash and I'm not aware of any ROM shipping TWRP prebundled.

Anyways, I just had a genuine laugh at the guy trying to be a smartass about how "horrible" the recovery is just to make a complete fool of himself.
      -Format
      (reboot recovery again)
      -Flash CarbonROM
      (reboot recovery again)
      -Flash Magisk *optional*

I usually vouch for a "boot to Carbon first" after the GApps step before flashing Magisk as I had issues with flashing Magisk straight away in the past (not on the OP7 though IIRC). Apart from that you're good to go by your guide :)
      Warning - do not install this rom. You will lose TWRP. Instead, you will have carbon recovery that is useless.
      I tried to install carbon romv twrp. The installation seemed fine. I wanted to restart the system. Instead, I have some weird recovery carbon and a broken phone.
      How do I fix my phone so I can reinstall twrp and some working rom?
      Edit: long press of the power and vol + buttons triggered the carbon rom. I hope I can install twrp and reinstall this horror.
      Edit2: I miraculously managed to install twrp and erase this horror!

If you don't like the recovery you can always flash Twrp file while flashing rom or other way is fastboot method.. don't call someone's hard work horror. You can't even flash or fix properly and saying horror to ROM and dev work. Such A noob. Xda isn't for Nobs so stay away if you can appreciate people work..
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone