[10][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [z3c]

Search This thread

oimaraf

Sep 8, 2014
Sony Xperia XZ1
Thanks for you help, Christian,
this works with power saving disabled.
But I have forgotten to mention that I have smart_pixels enabled in power saving mode and I want to deactivate it for this mode.
Found the solution:
Code:
adb shell settings put system smart_pixels_on_power_save 0

Last edited:
Reactions: Myself5

Italianhanno

May 15, 2020
After installing todays build CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200624-0205
I get a Bootloop. Instead of showing rhe Lockscreen it boots back to TWRP.
Went back to CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200617-1000.

Last edited:

deimidis

Dec 26, 2018
Hello, thanks for this release. I'm very happy with CarbonRom in my z3c. Which is the best way to upgrade version? I tried several ways, but I always end having to wipe everything and starting from zero again. My current steps:

1- Download update via configuration in the phone
2- click on flash rom
3- Phone start on twrp flash build, restart on recovery again
4- stay there until wipe everything and install the Rom via sideload

What I'm making wrong?

Thanks!

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
Hello, thanks for this release. I'm very happy with CarbonRom in my z3c. Which is the best way to upgrade version? I tried several ways, but I always end having to wipe everything and starting from zero again. My current steps:

1- Download update via configuration in the phone
2- click on flash rom
3- Phone start on twrp flash build, restart on recovery again
4- stay there until wipe everything and install the Rom via sideload

What I'm making wrong?

Thanks!
There are two things that might cause that. First and most possible one is that you have downloaded second latest build that has troubles booting up, but possibly has the same name AFAIK as latest one (see second post above this one). You may also have wrong twrp, so make sure you are using the one attached to this post.

deimidis

Dec 26, 2018
There are two things that might cause that. First and most possible one is that you have downloaded second latest build that has troubles booting up, but possibly has the same name AFAIK as latest one (see second post above this one). You may also have wrong twrp, so make sure you are using the one attached to this post.

Thanks for your answer. I thought was the second option, because this happened with every version I tried. But after flash this twrp, I still have this problem trying to flash the new version. What other thing I need to try?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Thanks for your answer. I thought was the second option, because this happened with every version I tried. But after flash this twrp, I still have this problem trying to flash the new version. What other thing I need to try?

Thanks

Solved, was that I had to install opengapps again. Now it worked

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Still no chance to get in the race with NFS No Limits. Game starts, you can do everything in the menu, but if you wanna drive a race the game fc without message. In LOS 16.0 it works fine. Any tips are helpfull, please read my earlier post what i tried to get in the race.

Greetz,

0LDST4R

REISSUE

Dec 7, 2016
Hello,

I can't install carbon rom pax or lineage 16. Twrp is saying error E3004: This package is for device: z3c; this device is aries.
However its a Z3 Compact mobile. I don't understand. Carbon Rom 6.1 noct is working.
Twrp version may be a bit older.
Can someone help me? Thy

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
Hello,

I can't install carbon rom pax or lineage 16. Twrp is saying error E3004: This package is for device: z3c; this device is aries.
However its a Z3 Compact mobile. I don't understand. Carbon Rom 6.1 noct is working.
Twrp version may be a bit older.
Can someone help me? Thy
You helped yourself. You have wrong twrp.

xavier_843

Sep 10, 2020
boot loop after weekly update

I have two Z3C and was for a long time a happy user of carbon rom 6.1 without any problems ever (despite horrible sound quality in phone calls).
End of August, both phones were entirely wiped and upgraded to carbon rom 8.0 and both were fine - but with the first weekly update one of the phones ended up in a boot loop. I wiped it again and installed the fresh version and all was fine until the next update. This week same procedure.
The second phone instead updated three times without problems. With the latest update today, also the second phone is affected and in a boot loop.
Can anyone confirm this and/or point me to a solution?

Flitzepiepe

May 11, 2020

Same for me. Happened with weekly update CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200902-0925.zip and the new one CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200909-0245.zip, too.
After installing updates, normally I have to reboot from TWRP. With both weekly updates the phone starts to reboot automatically and hangs before entering the SIM code.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
I have two Z3C and was for a long time a happy user of carbon rom 6.1 without any problems ever (despite horrible sound quality in phone calls).
End of August, both phones were entirely wiped and upgraded to carbon rom 8.0 and both were fine - but with the first weekly update one of the phones ended up in a boot loop. I wiped it again and installed the fresh version and all was fine until the next update. This week same procedure.
The second phone instead updated three times without problems. With the latest update today, also the second phone is affected and in a boot loop.
Can anyone confirm this and/or point me to a solution?
Same for me. Happened with weekly update CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200902-0925.zip and the new one CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200909-0245.zip, too.
After installing updates, normally I have to reboot from TWRP. With both weekly updates the phone starts to reboot automatically and hangs before entering the SIM code.

The automatic reboot would be expected. When the system reboots to twrp and automatically starts a flash via scripts (as it would do with an CarbonDelta update) it will also automatically reboot once installation is done.

Can you guys tell me which twrp version you use? I'll look into the issue asap.

Flitzepiepe

May 11, 2020

Hi Myself5,

my TWRP Version is 3.3.1-0.
I reinstalled CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-z3c-20200826-0627.zip and I have to reboot from TWRP. But after installing Carbonrom also Magisk is installed. Might that be the reason for the required manual rebooting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also had this situation. The upgrade from 6.1 to 8.0 ended with an unusable result, so I installed it on a cleaned (all wiped and data formated) phone. Everything started working, but the battery quickly drained even in power save mode. I tried to disable many options, but it didn't work. Then I flashed the newer twrp-3.3.1-z3c-20191212-sar.img (was 3.3.0 and not "sar") and tried to install LineageOS 17.1 for z3c. Everything worked and the battery discharged that with CarbonROM cr-6.1 [z3c] - slow. Then I installed CarbonROM 8.0 on a cleaned (all wiped and data formated) phone cr-8.0 [z3c] and everything is beautiful for me. Discharge 2 percent in three hours a night.

After a few days........
    The quick battery discharge is back and I can't resolve it. I returned to CB6.1
    Did you check with BetterBatteryStats (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-2-2-05-oct-v2-4-betterbatterystats.1179809/)?

I noticed heavy battery drain (the phone was getting hot, zero deep sleep) on every Android 9 et 10 roms.
    I checked with BetterBatteryStats on the microG LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) version and found out the culprit was the process media.extractor.

It turns out that happens because of some corrupt or unsupported media file on the microsd card or the internal storage. After removing the card, no more battery drain, so I have to check the files (the filesystem is ok).

Anyway, it seems like a bug in media.extractor.
    Here's how I worked around it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-17-1-for-z3c.4160347/post-84723935
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
    Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
    PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-08
    Last Updated 2020-05-06
    Hum this new OP looks interesting.

And what is this Twitter Post?

And did someone say May Security Patches?
    My feedback about CR8.0 (weekly build 20200513-0206) with gapps pico, magisk 20.4 and ~75 user apps.
    Using TWRP 3.3.1-z3c-20191212-sar from here
    Xposed (RiRu 20.2 from magisk repo, EdXposed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.2.4529 from here) works without problems (1st screenshot).
    I'm not using internal data encryption because of compatibility problems between ROMs/versions, tired to restore backups each time I flash new ROM.
    About 700MB of RAM free just after boot, with stock launcher.
    Battery drain fast, but my battery is very old, no complain.

Pros:
    + reliably fast
    + everything works including GPS, BT, calls/data, hotspot and all my apps
    + no problems with audio routing and mic sensitivity
    + camera is ok but I use OpenCamera anyway

Cons/bugs:
    - still no 5ghz wifi in Russia (I use my magisk-patch to fix this, may also help with other regions, try if you meet this bug)
    - ongoing call can be hanged accidentally by double-tap in any place of turned off display (e.g. by cheek) if tap-to-wake feature is active (here is my workaround using Automate tool, works like a charm). I'm not sure if this bug belongs only to my phone or to any z3c, but it was like forever on any AOSP-based ROM, starting with Android 7.
    - broken size for "Aeroplane mode" button/icon in power menu (see 2nd screenshot)
    - ringtone sound become a bit quieter after half a second from start of incoming call
    - overall loudspeakers volume is not loud enough

Features I'd like to have in this ROM:
    1) choose clock position in statusbar (only at left in CR8.0)
    2) brightness control by sliding in statusbar without opening it
    3) mess up digits on the PIN unlock screen [Carbone Fibers > Buttons > Scramble PIN]
    4) unlock instantly when entering last digit without confirmation
    5) long press power button to turn on/off torch while display turned off [Carbone Fibers > Buttons > Toggle torch]
    6) restrict/disable power menu while phone locked
    7) disable notification panel while phone locked
    8) set minimal time between notifications on per app basis
    9) wake by volume rocker buttons
    10) increasing ringing volume
    11) debugging over network (settings in devs options, absent in CR)
    Most of this stuff available in LOS and AEX roms, but also all (except: 7,10,11, with bugs: 6) can be achieved in CR by using GravityBox xposed module.

Thank you @Myself5 for continue work with our lovely z3c.
    Due to reports of complications with Google Apps we pulled the PAX builds for Z3 and Z3 Compact. I'm working on a fix and hope to release fixed builds ASAP.

If you had any weird issues, then that's why. Sorry for that.

When those builds get released however, they STILL require a clean install over CR-6.1. Dirty flashing does not work.

We found and fixed the cause. Builds for the Z3 and Z3 Compact are in the process of getting re-released. Sorry for the issues.
    New build uploaded just now has the SetupWizard fixed. The lockscreen bug is getting looked into right now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone