• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[10.x][H870][H872][US997] AOSP Extended v7.3 [UNOFFICIAL]

dom133

Mar 4, 2016

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We aim to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Code:
[B]
-AOSP Font Engine
-Permission Manager
-Statusbar Date Customizations
-Increasing Volume in Ringtone
-Detailed Location QS Tile!
-Statusbar Traffic Indicators
-DT2S On Statusbar and Lockscreen
-QS Quick Pulldown
-QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
-QS Tiles Animations
-Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
-Flashlight Notifications
-Toast Icon
-Power Menu Customizations
-Additional Battery Saver steps
-Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
-Fingerprint Gestures Support
-One Tap Data & Wifi Tile
-Auto-Brightness Icon Toggle
-Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
-Show 4G instead of LTE switch
-Long press Caffeine Tile Action
-Customize QS Rows/Columns
-Customize small QS Tiles
-StatusBar Brightness Control
-Lockscreen Shortcut
-Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
-Battery Styles and Percentage
-Flip Button Animation
-Unlink Notification Volume
-Camera Sound Toggle
-Advanced Ambient Display Customizations
-Long-press Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch
-Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
-Disable QS on Secured Lockscreen
-Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen
-Heads up Customizations
-Button Backlight Customizations
-Toggle power menu on Secured Lockscreen
-Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
-AEXPapers - our wallpaper app
-Via/Jelly Browser
-Pixel's UI and Ringtones
-Incall Vibration Option
-Option to Disable Data Disabled Indicator Icon
-Option to Disable Roaming Indicator
-Option to Disable Hardware Navigation Keys
-Volume Key Cursor Control
-Hardware Buttons Customization
-CPU info overlay
-Option to use power key as shutter
-Option to Wake on plug 
-Running services icon toggle in quick settings
-Lockscreen Visualizer
-Smart Pulldown
-Option to Move QS Brightness Slider [Top/Bottom]
-QS Brightness Slider Buttons
-BatteryBar customization

NOTE: Few features might be missing in our initial release

And many more coming in the future! Many extensions are added in each update so we miss out adding new extensions to this list. 
So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our [URL="https://blog.aospextended.com/"]Official Blog[/URL], and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come![/B]

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

H870 - H872 - US997

Google Apps
-GApps

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
[b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
-Backup every partition from TWRP Recovery
-Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
-Flash AEX Package
-Install GAPPS package
-Wipe cache!
-And at last Reboot!
 [First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
 Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

Monitor the changelog here!

Code:
[b] AospExtended v7.3 Changelog - 13/06/2020

[LIST]
[*]Merge June security patch (10.0.0_r39)
[*]Update all of our packages
[*]Update launcher
[*]Add support for data restriction
[*]Add gaming mode
[*]Add live display
[*]Add reading mode QS tile
[*]Add live display QS tile
[*]Add compass QS tile
[*]Add lock screen charging animation
[*]Unlink ringer and notification sounds
[*]Improve QS panels and tiles
[*]Improve lock screen
[*]Improve volume panel
[*]Improve MicroG
[*]Bug fixes and performance improvements
[/LIST]

A clean flash is always recommended​. Bug reports are not appreciated if not clean flashed.
Remove any kind of security PINs/Password and Fingerprints before flashing this build.

[/b]

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

Visit our Website. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

Want to contribute to the development of this ROM?
Checkout our Github and Gerrit

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
-JDC Team
-DirtyUnicorns
-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
-TeamSubstratum
-Nitrogen Project
-Pure Nexus
-OmniROM
-AOSPA
-ABC ROM
-GZOSP Community
-Lakor Tools for Via Browser
-@AlienCreature7, @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?
->The updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-How do I root this ROM?
->We recommend Magisk

-Does this ROM Support Substratum?
->Google killed Substratum support in Pie. You can use it, however, you need to be rooted. We don't support rootless Substratum.

-Which Gapps are recommended?
->OpenGapps and BitGappps

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
->No.

-What about XPOSED?
->XPOSED is still in the beta stage. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have Xposed uninstalled.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with the latest security patches and new features.

-Adaway is not working :(
->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

//Thread designed by Shubham Singh and Amol Amrit//

XDA:DevDB Information
AEX, ROM for the LG G6

Contributors
dom133
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-05-13
Last Updated 2020-06-26

motes

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks! Just one thing, camera app don't work with rear camera! How can i remove it? Where is installedthe camera app? I taked a look into apps and priv-app but didn't see... [emoji2373][emoji2373]

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

Vatt`ghern

Oct 20, 2015
I've been using this ROM for a while now and the only bug I've found is when I try to use the flashlight from the power menu and by the power button (while the screen if off) it blinks for a second and the system ui crashes.

motes

Dec 20, 2010
Someone tried to share internet conection via wifi?? I can connect to it with my tablet, but i haven't internet connection...

byronsa

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
For the h872 guys, do you flash the Nougat bootstack (20g) before or after flashing the rom? Everything else in the installation the same? Also, Gapps are included in this rom correct?

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
For the h872 guys, do you flash the Nougat bootstack (20g) before or after flashing the rom? Everything else in the installation the same? Also, Gapps are included in this rom correct?
Gapps appears to be included. I got a message saying the gapps I was adding was overwriting the rom gapps. I did a re-wipe and flashed only the rom and magisk and the install went without problem. I don't know about nougat but I'm certain my bootstack is Oreo, ( need Oreo for havoc rom).

My phone is h872 and I am not an expert not a developer.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Gapps appears to be included. I got a message saying the gapps I was adding was overwriting the rom gapps. I did a re-wipe and flashed only the rom and magisk and the install went without problem. I don't know about nougat but I'm certain my bootstack is Oreo, ( need Oreo for havoc rom).

My phone is h872 and I am not an expert nor a developer.

byronsa

Jan 27, 2010
NJ

My phone is h872 and I am not an expert nor a developer.
Thank you for your answer, so you didn't need to flash the nougat bootstack to get the fingerprint reader to work? Just flashed normally? I was reading other users needing to do that to get it to work in the other thread. I'm already on stock oreo so that didn't make sense to me that I would need to flash the previous version

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
My h872 is having a charging issue, same as when I use havoc. When phone is off and I plug in to charge, the phone boots up, but the touch screen does not work. Only way to get phone to reboot and act properly is to do power plus vol down button combo. Phone charges without problem if it is on when plugged in.

BTW my bootloader is unlocked, I get the unlocked warning everytime I start the phone. Should I go and re-lock via ADB or leave as is?

Oh yeah, very nice rom, very smooth.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Thank you for your answer, so you didn't need to flash the nougat bootstack to get the fingerprint reader to work? Just flashed normally? I was reading other users needing to do that to get it to work in the other thread. I'm already on stock oreo so that didn't make sense to me that I would need to flash the previous version
Yes, sorry. I don't use fingerprint but I recall many posts in the havoc forum on this issue and I think the switch to nougat solved it. Please confirm yourself as I am not an expert.

That was dumb of me. Switching to nougat would rule out being able to install havoc, so obviously it would not help with fingerprint. But I know there are posts in havoc that discuss it.

Last edited:

motes

Dec 20, 2010
Fingerprint works with oreo bootloader, I come from 20I stock and just flashed the zip file! [emoji1419][emoji1419]

db1901

Apr 14, 2012
Hi! I have problems with my camera app. Whenever I want to tap on settings it force closes. Anyone else with this problem?
Besides this thing it works pretty smooth until now

byronsa

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
For the h872 guys, I flashed the bootstack linked here and can confirm fingerprint reader works.

Hi! I have problems with my camera app. Whenever I want to tap on settings it force closes. Anyone else with this problem?
Besides this thing it works pretty smooth until now
Sorry bud, I have no issues with the camera on my end (h872). In fact I haven't encountered any bugs at all :good:

Reactions: alliance1975

newskin

Mar 29, 2008
For the h872 guys, I flashed the bootstack linked here and can confirm fingerprint reader works.

Sorry bud, I have no issues with the camera on my end (h872). In fact I haven't encountered any bugs at all :good:
Not sure if this is specific for the US997, but I can't get wifi hotspot to stay on.. Anyone else?

motes

Dec 20, 2010
I can active and connect mi MiPad to wifi HotSpot, but i have no internet conection on h870... Where can we advice about this bug?? Who is compiling Aex for G6??

PerséidesRL

Aug 18, 2017
Contactless mobile payment

Hey guys, I changed my bank to Orange Bank, they say LG G6 is compatible with contactless mobile payment but I didn't succeed to enable it into the app from Orange.

I enabled NFC, also tried on Havoc OS and tried it from Orange Bank app, Google Pay app without making it working

Am I doing something wrong or did i missed something ? Could it be an issue on custom pie roms ?

dom133

Mar 4, 2016
Hey guys, I changed my bank to Orange Bank, they say LG G6 is compatible with contactless mobile payment but I didn't succeed to enable it into the app from Orange.

I enabled NFC, also tried on Havoc OS and tried it from Orange Bank app, Google Pay app without making it working

Am I doing something wrong or did i missed something ? Could it be an issue on custom pie roms ?
On all pie custom rom we have safety net faill, you need magisk module to fix it

Wysłane z mojego LG-H870 przy użyciu Tapatalka