100% WiFi Monitor Mode using Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) Step by Step

Search This thread

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
Hi xda-mates. In this post I'm gonna show you, How to get wifi monitor mode on your device without external wifi adapter. If you don't know what is "wifi mode" goto wikipedia. The package consist from drivers, some wifi tools and aircrack.

Monitor Mode getting steps:
1. You have to root your device.
2. Flash CM 9.1.0.
3. Check out, your using originally cwm kernel included in the firmware you flashed.
4. Download my package(the password is my nickname).
5. Extract it to your sd.
6. Open up the terminal.
7. Type
Code:
su
cd pathToYourSd
sh install.sh
it will simply install all stuff to your system.
8. Type 'wmon on' in the terminal to activate monitor mode (type 'wmon off' to activate managed mode).
That's all. You have installed all that you needed, activated monitor mode and now you can use aircrack.

Troubleshooting:
Problem:
Code:
cannot find wireless tools, exiting!
Solution:
a) You must execute wifi tools (aircrack also) from root directory!
Code:
cd /
b) Check out of iwconfig, iwmulticall, iwpriv existance in /data/local/bin/.

Problem:
Code:
insmod: can't insert 'dhd.ko': invalid module format
error: SIOCGIFFLAGS (No such device)
Solution:
a) Make sure you are in supported rom and kernel.
b) Check out the file existance in /data/wmon/ (3 file).

Credits:
Aspartame21
Omri Ildis
Ruby Feinstein
Yuval Ofir
MemoryController

Attachments

• wmon.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 28,857
  • wmon_siyah4.1.5.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 8,719
Last edited:

tutchthesky7

Feb 24, 2011
GREAT!

Thanks man! i was waiting for someone to go into this much detail, but does the wmon siyah mean that i can dualboot CM 9 and w/e rom ( in my case alliance) and get this to work? my problem with this before is that nothing would happen after my wifi is disabled and module is "loaded", also what do you mean run aircrack from the root dir? like root of the sd?

P.S. Testing now on the Galaxy S2 LTE version ( Rogers)

Last edited:

tutchthesky7

Feb 24, 2011
Thanks man! i was waiting for someone to go into this much detail, but does the wmon siyah mean that i can dualboot CM 9 and w/e rom ( in my case alliance) and get this to work? my problem with this before is that nothing would happen after my wifi is disabled and module is "loaded", also what do you mean run aircrack from the root dir? like root of the sd?

I get suck after airmon-ng wlan0

says cannot find wireless tools, exiting!

Some help please and thanks?

tutchthesky7

Feb 24, 2011
Nada

Use iwconfig wlan0 instead of airmon-ng wlan0. And make sure that you are in the root directory.

Code:
su
cd /
wmon on
iwconfig wlan0

# wmon on
Original module loaded. disabling wifi
LOADING MODULE
insmod: cant insrt dhd.ko : file exists error : SI0CIFFLAGS (no such device)

then i tried iwconfig wlan0
wlan0 No such device

so i checked iwconfig to see whats up
and my Wlan0 isn't there.. hmmm

Edit: I typed in wmon on and it responded with LOADING MODULE, then i did iwconfig wlan0 and it showed it in manage mode, what next?

Last edited:

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
# wmon on
Original module loaded. disabling wifi
LOADING MODULE
insmod: cant insrt dhd.ko : file exists error : SI0CIFFLAGS (no such device)

then i tried iwconfig wlan0
wlan0 No such device

so i checked iwconfig to see whats up
and my Wlan0 isn't there.. hmmm

Edit: I typed in wmon on and it responded with LOADING MODULE, then i did iwconfig wlan0 and it showed it in manage mode, what next?

Don't pay attention to "managed mode" lettering, you are in monitor mode. To test monitor mode working type 'airodump-ng wlan0' and you will see that everything works perfect.

Reactions: Clitoris Errante

tutchthesky7

Feb 24, 2011
errrm.. not QUIIITEE, it says cannot find wireless tools, exiting. then it deletes all the files i extracted

Clitoris Errante

Oct 6, 2012
IT IS WORK! one little question

THIS WORK, first, and ofc, THX man

I had a sgs2(official), rooted in gingerbread, and then i flashed ICS with CM 9.1, then i folllow yours steps, y putted my sgs2 in mode monitor and i checked.

Just one question, i searched in google, and ask in IRC, but i don't find the answer:

¿Do can i use the same steps to get WPA as Ubuntu or Backtrack? else... ¿do you know some link where a tutorial get wpa via sgs2?

I want complete the last step, thx for your time, and sry for my english :(

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
THIS WORK, first, and ofc, THX man

I had a sgs2(official), rooted in gingerbread, and then i flashed ICS with CM 9.1, then i folllow yours steps, y putted my sgs2 in mode monitor and i checked.

Just one question, i searched in google, and ask in IRC, but i don't find the answer:

¿Do can i use the same steps to get WPA as Ubuntu or Backtrack? else... ¿do you know some link where a tutorial get wpa via sgs2?

I want complete the last step, thx for your time, and sry for my english :(

You can use all stuff like in ubuntu/bt.

Clitoris Errante

Oct 6, 2012
Mode inyecction?

Thx for answer me, i did decide install another time backtrack in my sgs2(i removed :(), but i want crack wpa without brute force or diccionaries, because it is imposible.

¿Is there some way to crack a wpa without brute force or diccionaries? ¿Do i could implement rainbow tables in sgs2, or is there some way to hashing with aircrack?

Thx for your time,

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
Thx for answer me, i did decide install another time backtrack in my sgs2(i removed :(), but i want crack wpa without brute force or diccionaries, because it is imposible.

¿Is there some way to crack a wpa without brute force or diccionaries? ¿Do i could implement rainbow tables in sgs2, or is there some way to hashing with aircrack?

Thx for your time,

Aircrack-ng is included to the package you installed. Just type aircrack-ng after switching wifi monitor mode

Clitoris Errante

Oct 6, 2012
from a day to other, i can't use this

i didn't use somedays, and now i can't use, it is appears as delete, or simplely, not work. I did install applications in my sgs2.
But now i can't run it. I tried reinstall, but always put in the output:

"wmon on" not found
"wmod on" not found
"wmod monitor" not found

i did that in /, and i executed the install.sh in sdcard as you said in your post.

In internet i not found nothing, and i know programming bash a little, i tried solved gave wmon bit executable but is useless, i follow all steps rights as you said. The only one thing interesant when i execute install that is the output:

Installing Driver...
OK
Installing Utils...
OK
Creating Symlink...
link failed FIle exists
link failed File exists
//I think here is the fail of my steps, i think that make reference to /data/wmon, but i am not sure, i checked that files, but i can't solved
OK
Fixing Permissions...
OK
Temporary FIles Cleaning...
OK
Installation COmpleted! To start WiFi monitor mode just type : "wmod monitor"

I am sry if i am heavy, thx for your time.

makslll

Jul 30, 2011
Eilat
This is pretty cool, I managed to make some progress, however got error at authorization stage at line:

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a MAC wlan0

Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: .......) on channel -1
Couldn't determine current channel for wlan0, you should either force the operation with --ignore-negative-one or apply kernel patch

same error with injection

I'm pretty new to linux stuff, is there any way to bypass this?

Another thing is that I can't use wi-fi after using monitor mode, even if i shut it down (wmon off) until phone restart, is that alright?

Thanks in advance, and keep doing the great job! :D

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
i didn't use somedays, and now i can't use, it is appears as delete, or simplely, not work. I did install applications in my sgs2.
But now i can't run it. I tried reinstall, but always put in the output:

"wmon on" not found
"wmod on" not found
"wmod monitor" not found

i did that in /, and i executed the install.sh in sdcard as you said in your post.

In internet i not found nothing, and i know programming bash a little, i tried solved gave wmon bit executable but is useless, i follow all steps rights as you said. The only one thing interesant when i execute install that is the output:

Installing Driver...
OK
Installing Utils...
OK
Creating Symlink...
link failed FIle exists
link failed File exists
//I think here is the fail of my steps, i think that make reference to /data/wmon, but i am not sure, i checked that files, but i can't solved
OK
Fixing Permissions...
OK
Temporary FIles Cleaning...
OK
Installation COmpleted! To start WiFi monitor mode just type : "wmod monitor"

I am sry if i am heavy, thx for your time.

I've to correct my scripts, but don't wait for it. Just type "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH". You can also add this to your terminal emulator as launch commands or create a script in autostart folder:
Code:
su
cd /system/etc/init.d/
touch 17env
echo "#!/system/bin/sh\nexport PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH\nexit 0" > 21env

Last edited:
Reactions: horak85

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
This is pretty cool, I managed to make some progress, however got error at authorization stage at line:

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a MAC wlan0

Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: .......) on channel -1
Couldn't determine current channel for wlan0, you should either force the operation with --ignore-negative-one or apply kernel patch

same error with injection

I'm pretty new to linux stuff, is there any way to bypass this?

Another thing is that I can't use wi-fi after using monitor mode, even if i shut it down (wmon off) until phone restart, is that alright?

Thanks in advance, and keep doing the great job! :D

I use "aireplay-ng -2 -b VICTIM -h FAKEDMAC wlan0"

7Kranker

Oct 29, 2012
I've to correct my scripts, but don't wait for it. Just type "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH". You can also add this to your terminal emulator as launch commands or create a script in autostart folder:
Code:
su
cd /system/etc/init.d/
touch 17env
echo "#!/system/bin/sh\nexport PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH\nexit 0" > 21env

Where is this Terminal autostart folder? Also, I tried executing the first command and it gave me nothing but a "> " line. What should I do?

osweberuco

May 2, 2010
Hi guy,
first of all, thanks for your great job.

I've seen as you have uploaded a wmon_siyah4.5.1 version... does it work with that siyah version?

I have that kernel (and that version), and I get the error:
Code:

just after run 'wmon on'.

Can you help me, please?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda-mates. In this post I'm gonna show you, How to get wifi monitor mode on your device without external wifi adapter. If you don't know what is "wifi mode" goto wikipedia. The package consist from drivers, some wifi tools and aircrack.

Monitor Mode getting steps:
    1. You have to root your device.
    2. Flash CM 9.1.0.
    3. Check out, your using originally cwm kernel included in the firmware you flashed.
    4. Download my package(the password is my nickname).
    5. Extract it to your sd.
    6. Open up the terminal.
    7. Type
    Code:
    su
    cd pathToYourSd
    sh install.sh
    it will simply install all stuff to your system.
    8. Type 'wmon on' in the terminal to activate monitor mode (type 'wmon off' to activate managed mode).
    That's all. You have installed all that you needed, activated monitor mode and now you can use aircrack.

Troubleshooting:
    Problem:
    Code:
    cannot find wireless tools, exiting!
    Solution:
    a) You must execute wifi tools (aircrack also) from root directory!
    Code:
    cd /
    b) Check out of iwconfig, iwmulticall, iwpriv existance in /data/local/bin/.

Problem:
    Code:
    Solution:
    a) Make sure you are in supported rom and kernel.
    b) Check out the file existance in /data/wmon/ (3 file).

Credits:
    Aspartame21
    Omri Ildis
    Ruby Feinstein
    Yuval Ofir
    MemoryController
    Could this possibly work on the Sprint Galaxy S2?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

May be but I don't know exactly. Try to istall it. I'll help you.
    GREAT!

I get suck after airmon-ng wlan0

says cannot find wireless tools, exiting!

Some help please and thanks?

Use iwconfig wlan0 instead of airmon-ng wlan0. And make sure that you are in the root directory.

Code:
    su
    cd /
    wmon on
    iwconfig wlan0
    Could this possibly work on the Sprint Galaxy S2?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium