1020 (others too?) manual brightness

Search This thread

jaspi72

Sep 15, 2011
Found solution to get manual brightness working on my windows 10 14393 1020 device ;)
Go on and try other devices too.
Change registry with interop tools or what ever.
Select registry browser, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/ Microsoft/ Autobrightness/ABSManualBrightness.
Change "Registry Value Type" to "Multi String".
Then Registry Value Data to
Save, restart device and smile :D

Attachments

• wp_ss_20180211_0006.png
    wp_ss_20180211_0006.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:

siphon1020

Feb 11, 2018
Thanx a bunch. Confirmed working on my 1020 on 1607. I was actually just looking for a solution to this today, I'm very glad I found your post.
Does not work if you got brightness slider tweak enabled. You think, there is any chance to get both working, or to get manual brightness to work
with that super low brightness the screen has with slider tweak set to "0"and "automatic"?

jaspi72

Sep 15, 2011
Thanx a bunch. Confirmed working on my 1020 on 1607. I was actually just looking for a solution to this today, I'm very glad I found your post.
Does not work if you got brightness slider tweak enabled. You think, there is any chance to get both working, or to get manual brightness to work
with that super low brightness the screen has with slider tweak set to "0"and "automatic"?

I cant make both work together but superlow brightness work when u go to settings->screen->manually to low and then put autobrightness on, sadly just when auto is on..
Someone smarten than me can surely make it happend.

siphon1020

Feb 11, 2018
Actually, with the brightness slider tweak enabled, the minimum brightness possible is way dimmer than without. See for yourself.
It even turns of the navigation bar lights. Well, I guess we can only have either one, or the other, but both would just be prefect.

jaspi72

Sep 15, 2011
Ok heres registry what i think is pretty usefull but u have to change things to work as on before win 10 but..
Sorry i have this but im out of lumias forever
Like more linux (manjaro, deepin) and have 1020 as fun toy and making my head breakingdownlandingplace.
This thing i own because this have DAAAAMN nice camera. 5Y NOW YEAH HELL
And u know u can rise camera freg higher to get it work..
(mybe swap and deletete files on windows.......................\) sorry no time to look closely..
() = was on there allready on my 1020.. so go on.. ;)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AutoBrightness
- ABSAutoMaxBrightness (3) 6
- ABSManualBrightness (3) 1 3 6 (the variable here is multistring)
- ABSMonitorControl (1) 1
chacged 123 to 136 because 123 wasnt working .. and look next

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt168406(v=vs.85).aspx
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\Brightness
-LowBrightness (1) 1
-MediumBrightness (2) 3
-Hightbrightness (3) 6
ok u have to change hight to 6 so 1020 work my case.. so... 100 times+ try now it works.. :)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt147021(v=vs.85).aspx
HKLM\Software\OEM\AutoBrightness
- ABSPercentIntensityMapping 2 3 4 (the variable here is multistring)
- ABSRangeMilliLuxMapping 1 2 MAX (the variable here is multistring)
- DimBrightness 1
- Transitiondelay 0

HKLM\Software\OEM\Nokia\Display
-DarkcontitionBrightness

PS: sorry I WAS DRUNK... but anyway :D

Last edited:

jaspi72

Sep 15, 2011
NP just having fun here and nothing serious checking how to make this 1020 work better ;)
Well every day using it still.. Havent seen better cameraphone yet... waiting..Better ?
Camera can make use higher cpu as 500 mhz as stock 250..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found solution to get manual brightness working on my windows 10 14393 1020 device ;)
    Go on and try other devices too.
    Change registry with interop tools or what ever.
    Select registry browser, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/ Microsoft/ Autobrightness/ABSManualBrightness.
    Change "Registry Value Type" to "Multi String".
    Then Registry Value Data to
    Save, restart device and smile :D