11.0.3.0 Mi9T Pro OTA update

Search This thread

TheWitchRL

Nov 8, 2019

the update was scheduled for 11/4 through 11/12 for Redmi K20 Pro / MI 9T Pro devices, given Global seems to be left in the dust it could be any day from the 12th, including today, the 14th, but I have a feeling it could take another week or two. literally received the October Patch just 4 days ago.

Reactions: sanumaj

tearing_sometimes

Nov 14, 2019
Today I've read many unofficial messages from different telegram groups saying that the global update is being rollout but i have lost any confidence on any source...

SGT John Doe

May 9, 2011
I don't get it.
So people running with unlocked bl need to wipe the phone before flashing 11.0.3.0 yes?
But those who running stock with locked bootloader and flashing the rom via OTA, are theirs phone beeing wiped as well?

jtok

Jan 8, 2012
I don't get it.
So people running with unlocked bl need to wipe the phone before flashing 11.0.3.0 yes?
But those who running stock with locked bootloader and flashing the rom via OTA, are theirs phone beeing wiped as well?

Nope, did update today with locked bl and nothings wiped, all good

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
Here in the Netherlands with global EU version.
Got the ota update 9 days ago and Android 10 is just working fine.
Dark mode on Gmail worked instantly and battery is as excellent as before.

nisalup

Sep 29, 2015
I have the mixm model and so far i've tried changing région to Peru, Germany, Argentina, Switzerland and the Netherlands, but nothing has worked out. Are MIXMer's out of hope?
In any case, I'd gladly like to know the following:
What's the différence between MIXM and EUXM?
Why are updates rolled out in this manner by Xiaomi with scant heed to promised dates?

Robbo.5000

I have the mixm model and so far i've tried changing région to Peru, Germany, Argentina, Switzerland and the Netherlands, but nothing has worked out. Are MIXMer's out of hope?
In any case, I'd gladly like to know the following:
What's the différence between MIXM and EUXM?
Why are updates rolled out in this manner by Xiaomi with scant heed to promised dates?
MI = global, EU = European
In normal daily use there doesn't appear to be any difference. The EU ROM initially, on first setup, should give options to easily restrict ads and data collecting, due to strict EU GPDR data regulations.

Xiaomi only released the European MIUI 11 last week. Unfortunately owners of the global phone will need to wait a little longer. I'm not aware of an actual release date being announced, though I don't go looking for these things. Maybe have a look on the official Mi Community Forums, to see if there's any news.

Reactions: nisalup

kennycoder

May 17, 2010
Porto
I was on global( 9t pro) , unlocked my bootloader (3 days wait for some reason and not the usual 7),flashed EEU, locked the bootloader. All works great, no drains, weird behaviours etc. Plus used xiaomiadbtool to remove 99% of the preinstalled crap like mi cloud, facebooks, etc...
really happy with the result

Reactions: alixra

avmm9898

Aug 24, 2017
Thx for the feedback. I can confirm the update is more or less bugfree. I didn't notice any screen flickering when I unlock the phone. The only annoying issue there is the chrome scroll lag. This was there before when I tested android 10 on my k20 pro. Cannot comment on battery yet but it seems to burn the battery faster in standby. Seem like its not a bad update so far.

go to chrome://flags
find "use Android SurfaceControl'
and disable it
now you can enjoy the smooth

trifos

Oct 29, 2010
Florina
That is, you got V10.3.3.0.PFKMIXM android 9 Global and then after unlocking the bootloader you installed V11.0.3.0.QFKEUXM android 10 Europe and you installed and locked the bootloader?

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

I was on global( 9t pro) , unlocked my bootloader (3 days wait for some reason and not the usual 7),flashed EEU, locked the bootloader. All works great, no drains, weird behaviours etc. Plus used xiaomiadbtool to remove 99% of the preinstalled crap like mi cloud, facebooks, etc...
really happy with the result

That is, you got V10.3.3.0.PFKMIXM android 9 Global and then after unlocking the bootloader you installed V11.0.3.0.QFKEUXM android 10 Europe and you installed and locked the bootloader?

kennycoder

May 17, 2010
Porto
Did I understand it correctly that it is possible to unlock the BL and flash the MIUI 11.0.3.0 from the Global EU in a Global MIX Device and relocking the BL works ? Doesn't relocking the BL in this scenario brick the Phone ?? Or am I mixing up something here.... ?

Going from EEU to global and vice versa, you can relock without bricking. Only Chinese you can't. As I said previously i was on regular MI global, unlocked the BL, flashed official EEU miui11 and locked the bootloader via fastboot oem lock. Phone booted and im on miui11 EEU version.

Reactions: error23

sanumaj

Aug 22, 2010
Going from EEU to global and vice versa, you can relock without bricking. Only Chinese you can't. As I said previously i was on regular MI global, unlocked the BL, flashed official EEU miui11 and locked the bootloader via fastboot oem lock. Phone booted and im on miui11 EEU version.
Is you storage and memory intact? The only versions with 256gb / 8gb is the global version, does flashing EU ROM mess this up?

Also, what recovery did you use to flash the stock ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And this is why people get "hacked" and their data stolen.
    Update your device, especially if it comes from official channels!
    I understand that you are a little reluctant to install it, but rest assured, I have been a beta tester for miui 11 for this device, they have squashed lots of bugs.

First I would like to thank you your comment and advice. I was planning to upgrade but not just yet. However I don't think you would have to be that drastic and your comment may also scare others.(don't have to be a scaremonger) No one will hack my device or steal my data just because I wait on an update?!! ;)
    I have already tested miui11 on my prev k20pro and I found lots of bugs. I know this is an official update, but we all know this can still be full of bugs. I do like xiaomi (otherwise I wouldn't buy the mi9t pro) specially because they provide frequent updates. However this isn't my first xiaomi device and taking my previous experience with buggy updates I just wanted to be extra careful before rolling out the update, mainly because my BL is locked and couldn't flash the downgrade immediately if I find the new version unusable.
    Luckily others already provided positive feedbacks so I'm sure I will do the update shortly.
    Does anyone else received this update on the Mi9T Pro? I have an EEA version and the update just popped up today. It looks like the update to Android 10 and miui 11 in one go. Just wanted to know if anyone else installed this. The current version is good enough for me now not keen on the update, specially if it brings bugs.

Yes, me too, going to install it later today, when I'm off work, make sure you do a full twrp backup first.
    Yes, I saw on a facebook group that some EU users already got it. But no feedbacks yet.
    Still no OTA for global the version.

Here is the link for the EEA update.
    https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.3.0...AGlobal_V11.0.3.0.QFKEUXM_153f9511ae_10.0.zip
    I'm already using it without any problems!

Thx for the feedback. I can confirm the update is more or less bugfree. I didn't notice any screen flickering when I unlock the phone. The only annoying issue there is the chrome scroll lag. This was there before when I tested android 10 on my k20 pro. Cannot comment on battery yet but it seems to burn the battery faster in standby. Seem like its not a bad update so far.
    How do you check if you have Global or EU phone model?

On MIUI version on about phone on EEU model you have EUXM last 4 letters but on Global you have MIXM