• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

11.0.8.8 Rooting Issue

Search This thread

MrEvilPanda

Apr 11, 2013
Banglore
I am on the latest 11.0.8.8 EU version. I had patched the boot.img using magisk 23 app, but when i try to flash the patched boot.img using adb fastboot, keep getting "com.android.phone" crashes. Need to flash stock boot.img to get the sim cards working. Any suggestion to get root ?

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I am on the latest 11.0.8.8 EU version. I had patched the boot.img using magisk 23 app, but when i try to flash the patched boot.img using adb fastboot, keep getting "com.android.phone" crashes. Need to flash stock boot.img to get the sim cards working. Any suggestion to get root ?

Have you been on my guide mate?? It's all laid out for you..

Don't flash anything, you want to boot first as this is not permanent.

Stable 23 is the correct version..

Reactions: Arksuga

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
So idk if this is the correct place to post questions but i have a OnePlus 8 pro 11.0.8.8IN11BA, i want to root it, but i can't find the stock rom for this version. Can anyone help me??

Reactions: galaxys

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So idk if this is the correct place to post questions but i have a OnePlus 8 pro 11.0.8.8IN11BA, i want to root it, but i can't find the stock rom for this version. Can anyone help me??
Hi, see this thread:

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
Hi, see this thread:
Thank you so much!!!! So now in order to root it i should unlock the bootloader, and then patch the IMG i downloaded with the magisk manager app, connect the phone to the PC with USB debugging on, reboot in fastboot mode, and type on the windows command thing this ( the commands in the image attached ):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-194606.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-194606.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 10

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Thank you so much!!!! So now in order to root it i should unlock the bootloader, and then patch the IMG i downloaded with the magisk manager app, connect the phone to the PC with USB debugging on, reboot in fastboot mode, and type on the windows command thing this ( the commands in the image attached ):
Yep I've got guides for unlocking the bootloader and rooting in the guides sections.

Both called as such accordingly.

Tbh there are a few guides all should be fine.

Just read through the root guide.

Unlocking the bootloader it's easy.

Code: fastboot OEM unlock

Agree on phone.

Rooting:

Obtain patched image

Fastboot boot Magisk patched

Don't flash it, just wait for boot then open Magisk and click install / direct install.

Again this is all in the guides.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remove oos native call recorder module if you have it, if not just remove all modules.

I am on the stable 23 version. Disabling the native OOS call recording module solved the issue. @gsser Thanks mate.
    I am on the stable 23 version. Disabling the native OOS call recording module solved the issue. @gsser Thanks mate.
    Ah yes, always disable Magisk modules prior to upgrading firmware.

As they may not be compatible, this is also in the guide.

Glad you're up and running mate 👍

Nice one