What's the difference between:
These files: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-cheeseburger/files/LineageOS-18.1/
and the ones in the OP?
It appear the ones in the original post link to files in that sourceforge account? Same group / developers? (I'm looking for 5T files in specific)
Hi,Trying to make this tl;dr
I don't use root. I don't use custom kernel.
1. Ran 16 official forever (through the no update period to the monthly sec patches when they came back)
2. upgraded via dirty flash to 17 for about 4 hrs (TWRP) Aug 2020 maybe?
3. Dirty flashed 18 over the top and then 18.1 (all twrp). I've used almost every build through Dec of 2020.
4. Everything was great, until a few days ago when I was playing Apex and decided to flash the January 2021 update. Mid game on a 5 or6 kill streak, I realized i dirty flashed 17.1.
5. I never changed recoveries...
6. Suddenly i was on LOS recovery.
7. Tried to dirty 18.1, tried to dirty 17.1, and only 17.1 would load.
8. knowing i should have clean flashed a few years ago, I wiped everything in LOS recovery and tried to clean install 18.1 --- all it did was hang on 3 moving lineage pieces.
9. flashed TWRP in bootloader
10. factory reset / adb sideload / flashed 18.1 / gapps 11 / wipe cache - still stuck on 3 moving lineage bootup things
11. factory reset / adb sideload /flashed 17.1 / gapps 10 / wipe cache - still stuck same place
12. flashed LOS recover in bootloader
13. factory reset / adb sideload / flash 17.1 / gapps 10 / wipe cache - works like a charm.
1. I'm willing to give LOS recovery a shot, even though I don't like it asthetically and it is UBER limited without a pc/mac in hand. But I've been told I can flash 18.1 with LOS Recovery - so why am I hanging?
2. If it can't be done, what do I need to do to get 18.1 back on my phone using TWRP (even though it failed above)
*even tho LOS has built in firmware now, I still made sure on a couple of separate instance (not above) to try and flash most recent firmware to see if that was hanging for some reason. it wasn't and i was on most recent firmware anyway.
thanks in adv!!!
As minimal Gapps as possible. Think I have GAPPS latest which is only NANO (if I remember correctly). I'm thinking I'm at the point of having to go all way back to stock OOS and restart which I'm trying to avoid.Hi,
I have just confirmed that Lineage recovery works fine. Most likely your Gapps package is bad. Are you using some larger package (I remember that Micro was the largest suggested package on 17.1 and newer, not sure).
I also haven't released Lineage recovery for unofficial 18.1.
I tested latest OpenGapps test build, it didn't work even in TWRP (and not in Lineage recovery). I haven't tried other Gapps variations.As minimal Gapps as possible. Think I have GAPPS latest which is only NANO (if I remember correctly). I'm thinking I'm at the point of having to go all way back to stock OOS and restart which I'm trying to avoid.
What link for gapps should I be dl'ing from? I'll try another. Also, I'd be happy to test your LOS recovery I'd you need. Hopefully LOS recovery gets more local phone options moving forward in the future. I prefer to do everything from phone.
It is nearly as stable as it gets. Wifi display (WFD) is a missing feature and no I have idea when it can be fixed. Also VoWifi doesn't work.
This may help to fix vowifi issue
It takes a while for the file to appear in gallery (1 hour+). This should be fixed in future builds.I'm unable to record videos with the new camera app in the latest build. It worked before. The video seems to be recording, but no video file is present in the camera roll afterwards. OP 5T.
its something to do with refreshing the media in the sd card (storage, but thats how android recognizes it). theres multiple apps in playstore that can refresh the sd media.
I have understood that it's a bug in the cameral blobs provided by vendor, so nothing to do about it.@T1mb3 :
I've always had a problem with the camera app with this rom: on the first shot the app freezes for a few seconds and then runs smoothly.
The problem occurs with both the stock app and other apps.
I've done many tests and hard resets but... I always get the same results.
What could be the problem?
I performed a factory reset/wipe of data, and then in LOS recovery it has an option to wipe the system partition and one to wipe the cache. The cache is done when I choose the factory reset/wipe of data. Would doing the wipe of system data mean I need to reflash a recovery?
I did try MindTheGapps but sadly I get the same result. Currently, I'm running the last build of 17.1 and a PICO version of GApps that was released before the OS.
Most of the early LOS18.1 builds were tested against MindTheGapps as opengapps was not ready at that time. First time heard about bitgapps. Is there something really special about those that MindTheGapps or Open Gapps don't offer? Those are system applications that have higher permissions, you should only get those from very trusted sources which MTG and OpenGapps that LOS recommends and tests against. Will BitGapps work? Maybe. Should you download low level system apps from random or new sources? Probably not.
Some roms make modifications to pass safteynet without Magisk, LineageOS doesn't do this.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */